Darcy Moore Contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

That what we all expect to Happen to Re-Sign but Looks like now it be at earliest at he Mid-Season Break.

Could Back Fire on Him and Pickering Though

Other than a career ending injury, I can't see how the offer on the table can drop below what the club are currently prepared to offer.

Other than a career ending injury, I can't see how the offer on the table can drop below what the club are currently prepared to offer.

Well having more Hammy Issues mean we might lower our Guarantee Money

Well having more Hammy Issues mean we might lower our Guarantee Money

I think we'd definitely lose Moore if we tried to exploit injury issues to save a few bucks, and I doubt they'd want to risk that.

If Darcy Moore was called "James Smith", would we honestly get this worked up over his contract status? I think we are too romanticized over his last name.

I'd rather ensure DeGoey and Grundy are financially satisfied.

For me, Moore hasn't proven enough reliability to be dictating terms of his contract and I'm tired of the paying over-paying players who cant play out a season.

If Darcy Moore was called "James Smith", would we honestly get this worked up over his contract status? I think we are too romanticized over his last name.

For me, Moore hasn't proven enough reliability to be dictating terms of his contract and I'm tired of the paying over-paying players who cant play out a season.
Yet, did Degoey play out the season last year. And can he play meaningful minutes in the midfield due to shin soreness.
So to me Degoey is in the same boat, yet you are willing to give him the money and not Darcy

Moore played out the season last year. Did DeGoey?

Yet, did Degoey play out the season last year. And can he play meaningful minutes in the midfield due to shin soreness.
So to me Degoey is in the same boat, yet you are willing to give him the money and not Darcy
Moore played out the season last year. Did DeGoey?

Comparing their short careers, DeGoey has averaged 17 games per season comparped to Moores 14. Further, over the last two seasons, DeGoey has played in 14 more games.

I'd consider Jordan more reliable (not to mention a better player), therefore our focus should be on retaining him. Don't get me wrong, I like Moore, I just dislike the fact that a player, who has played 1/2 a year of good footy, feels entitled to dictate $$$ to the CFC.

Moore’s name could be Stinky McPoopface and people would still be getting worked up. He’s easily the most talented KPP we have on our list and one of the most athletically gifted players in the league. The argument of “If his name wasn’t Moore” might have held some slight weight 2 years ago, but it just makes you look stupid now.

Comparing their short careers, DeGoey has averaged 17 games per season comparped to Moores 14. Further, over the last two seasons, DeGoey has played in 14 more games.

I'd consider Jordan more reliable (not to mention a better player), therefore our focus should be on retaining him. Don't get me wrong, I like Moore, I just dislike the fact that a player, who has played 1/2 a year of good footy, feels entitled to dictate $$$ to the CFC.

They are both stars of the future. You’re underestimating Moore hugely.

Moore’s name could be Stinky McPoopface and people would still be getting worked up. He’s easily the most talented KPP we have on our list and one of the most athletically gifted players in the league. The argument of “If his name wasn’t Moore” might have held some slight weight 2 years ago, but it just makes you look stupid now.

There’s a few guys with the surname of Brown and Daicos that that logic could be applied to, but absolutely not Moore. The club he’s been linked to has at least a few McPoopfaces so he’d fit in if he decided to leave!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking stupid is usually reserved for those who feel that they need to put others down in order to get their point across.

I mean, what's McPoopface ever done to you?

Looking stupid is usually reserved for those who feel that they need to put others down in order to get their point across.

I mean, what's McPoopface ever done to you?
I call a spade a spade. As Scodog said above, the Browns and Daicos fit in to your naming category. Moore though, definitely not.

Also, The browns and Daicos didn’t cost us a first round pick. Moore was obviously more highly regarded from the start.
5 years in to his career, the pick we used on him is irrelevant.

I know nothing of the rumours and Richmond's key defence stocks actually remain one of the best in the competition with Grimes and Astbury both terrific and Noah Balta another who can play back there if required and be a difference maker.

Blasphemous I know, but as a hypothetical if Moore did request a trade, I'd be open to trading him to Richmond in the right deal if he requested it at seasons end.

Moore is good when available and playing, but the reality is he has a career average of 14.2 games per season which is poor by any measure, and with availability the best ability, Moore's perceived value is higher than his real value.

With all the re-occurring hamstring injuries, the percentage play is to move Moore, given only once so far in his career he has exceeded 17 games in a season.

Noah Balta I remain a strong advocate for, Bigoa Nyuon if he has a strong year I'd consider, Riley Collier-Dawkins I'd consider with Collingwood having no high quality young mids.

What if you can get Richmond to cough up Balta, Collier-Dawkins and their 2020 and 2021 first round selections? be thinking about it depending on how Balta and Collier-Dawkins look at seasons end, if they've expanded their games enough to get me excited.

I'm not necessarily seeing Collingwood contending, so I'm not averse to going young.

Can Collingwood do as they did in the Beams to Brisbane trade and get several good, younger pieces back for one piece in Moore? It's a scenario I'd be definitely planning for and really assessing on all lists, what players/picks would I be requesting if Moore asks for a trade there.

Just as my evaluations have always been different from what AFL clubs think, AFL clubs similarly whether it's through the draft or trade all evaluate and rate talent and picks differently to varying extents, so there is always opportunities for value if you make offers for guys/picks that you rate more highly than the next club.

I'm increasingly of the view that Collingwood can't win a premiership with their current group and will miss the top-4 this year. So I'd be willing to shake some things up (not necessarily Moore, though possibly under the right circumstances).

So in your mind we've wasted another window? Or in your mind we're not in the window anymore?

You'll know my pessimism in regards to our window in Pies narrowing window thread on the main board BUT still believe we're still in it. As far as relevance to the thread it's going to take 18 - 22 h&a games from Moore for any chance of that elusive flag.

The rest of the recipe needs to also fall into place, that doesn't make a given that we're no chance IMO.

Also, The browns and Daicos didn’t cost us a first round pick. Moore was obviously more highly regarded from the start.

You could make a Argument he could of gone Pick #1 in his Draft Year in 2014

So in your mind we've wasted another window? Or in your mind we're not in the window anymore?

You'll know my pessimism in regards to our window in Pies narrowing window thread on the main board BUT still believe we're still in it. As far as relevance to the thread it's going to take 18 - 22 h&a games from Moore for any chance of that elusive flag.

The rest of the recipe needs to also fall into place, that doesn't make a given that we're no chance IMO.

Well off topic, but the “premiership window” is a relic of MM’s time. The past three seasons have seen clubs jump from the bottom 6 into the top 4, the year before a team won it all from 7th and last seasons minor premier were odds on to fall out of the 8 leading into the season.

A clubs ability to win a premiership boils down to 3 ingredients in 2020 1. List chemistry 2. Coaching 3. Salary cap management (comprising two components acquisition and retention). We’ve seen the end of clubs systematically spending long periods down the bottom reaches of the ladder stockpiling high picks because it’s not a successful model and every clubs “window” is open from one year to the next depending on how they balance those three ingredients.

Well off topic, but the “premiership window” is a relic of MM’s time. The past three seasons have seen clubs jump from the bottom 6 into the top 4, the year before a team won it all from 7th and last seasons minor premier were odds on to fall out of the 8 leading into the season.

A clubs ability to win a premiership boils down to 3 ingredients in 2020 1. List chemistry 2. Coaching 3. Salary cap management (comprising two components acquisition and retention). We’ve seen the end of clubs systematically spending long periods down the bottom reaches of the ladder stockpiling high picks because it’s not a successful model and every clubs “window” is open from one year to the next depending on how they balance those three ingredients.

What about Injuries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back