NFL Darren Bennett to be Inducted Into Chargers Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Great stuff! Never realised he was so successful over there - was disappointed when he left Melbourne to pursue NFL but in hindsight he had probably been pushed out at that stage by Jakovich, Lyon & Schwarz.

Had a great season with MFC in 1990 with my best memory coming from the Demons win at Windy Hill and Bennett using Van Der Haar like a stepladder as Sandy Roberts (or was it Peter McKenna?) said.

Terrific form for a punter to be voted in as a HOF'er over a RB & WR! Didn't realise he is still involved over there in the pre-game shows for SD either. Will have to check it out and try and remember to check out half time of the Chargers/Ravens match.

Great stuff! Never realised he was so successful over there - was disappointed when he left Melbourne to pursue NFL but in hindsight he had probably been pushed out at that stage by Jakovich, Lyon & Schwarz.

Had a great season with MFC in 1990 with my best memory coming from the Demons win at Windy Hill and Bennett using Van Der Haar like a stepladder as Sandy Roberts (or was it Peter McKenna?) said.

Terrific form for a punter to be voted in as a HOF'er over a RB & WR! Didn't realise he is still involved over there in the pre-game shows for SD either. Will have to check it out and try and remember to check out half time of the Chargers/Ravens match.

Yeah remmber he had a ripper at Windy Hill. Remember also he was voted into NFL Team of the Decade. Amazing effort.

I remember DB playing on the day John Longmire ran rampant at the 'G slamming home 14 sausages!! :thumbsu: I was suppose to be at a neighbours wedding that very day but screw that. Watching Darren Bennett getting the run around was more a priority. :D

Seriously though.. AMAZING ACHIEVEMENT!! I recall the game on Special team @ Three Rivers Stadium when DB gave Steelers depth WR Andre Hastings (#88) a tremendous CLOTHES LINE Classic tackle to bring him down. :D

I remember DB playing on the day John Longmire ran rampant at the 'G slamming home 14 sausages!! :thumbsu: I was suppose to be at a neighbours wedding that very day but screw that. Watching Darren Bennett getting the run around was more a priority. :D

Seriously though.. AMAZING ACHIEVEMENT!! I recall the game on Special team @ Three Rivers Stadium when DB gave Steelers depth WR Andre Hastings (#88) a tremendous CLOTHES LINE Classic tackle to bring him down. :D

Found an article way back from 1998 from Sports Illustrated's vault about Bennett and his tackle on Hastings.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1014393/1/index.htm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back