Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks good, but seems like he'd be just another cog in the meat grinder. Do we really need someone like D.S right now? Seems like our problem is we keep chasing the same type of midfielder.

Need to be scouting for serious pace. It's tough because we're a smaller club with smaller crowds, but I'd love to see us snag a fast, superstar midfielder. We've had plenty of North legends in the last 10 years, but we haven't had any superstars since Carey and Archer.

mate we we spoiled by Carey, the AFL nor NM wont see another like him any time soon. Players dont play like that anymore, too much self preservation in mind. Arch was good but far from superstar. Carey, & both Abletts were.

Have heard this rumour from someone with good footy connections but not a North person, would be a sensational get if it is true. What cost though?

Honestly don't know I got that from a fairly reliable source as well.

The biggest hurdle is getting guys to agree to move , they've plenty of Vic clubs where your life isn't turned upside down should you be traded.

I posted the other day about the club pushing hard/asking questions on may, o'meara very keen on swallow too. No way we land then all but the sorce i heard it from he tends to be in the know about big moves in the afl. Few others have posted along the similar lines. Geez i hope its true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to say we will get a contracted Steven May is absolutely fanciful. Absolutely no chance Gold Coast sell.

Now would be the perfect time for Swallow and May to sign extensions if they are keen to stay. Club in free fall and both going into the last year of deals, could really make a positive statement.

Now would be the perfect time for Swallow and May to sign extensions if they are keen to stay. Club in free fall and both going into the last year of deals, could really make a positive statement.

Translation = could really make a f***ing bucketload of cash.

Stephen May? Oh please where do people conjur up this stuff. Do people understand for that happen along with Swallow, then we would be most likely giving up either Goldy, Tarrant or Clarke plus our first round pick and one from next year, how else could this happen?

I call bullshit

Stephen May? Oh please where do people conjur up this stuff. Do people understand for that happen along with Swallow, then we would be most likely giving up either Goldy, Tarrant or Clarke plus our first round pick and one from next year, how else could this happen?

I call bullshit

Probably the same guy who told me about tge practice matches earlier in the year that no one else believed were happening. Funny thread that one :)

Shouldn't recruit David Swallow just because his brother plays for us.. remember Shane Harvey. Midfielders with busted knees have limited value.
Come on Nev putting Shane Harvey and David Swallow in the same sentence.. You're better than that.

I remember a female caller to SEN couple of weeks ago, who didn't have much of an idea said her husband was well connected at North and told her about Swallow and May. When I heard it at the time, given the source, I dismissed it as a mistake between May and Mayne. But now reading it here, perhaps there's something going on after all.

Although I do struggle to imagine how we can satisfy the Suns enough to prize out two contracted players.

We dont want to give up next years 1st round draft pick. Unless something drastic happens, that looks like being in the top 4 picks!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back