Dayne Beams vs Liam Anthony

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony is a year older, so a little unfair, although both in their first seasons.

Anthony is a gut running, accumulator, similar to Matthew Boyd, needs to clean up his disposal at time, as it can be good somtimes and bad the next.

Great effort averaging 26 disposals in your first 9 games of AFL footy.

Beams is a promising inside/outside mid, similar to Anthony I guess, with a bit cleaner disposal, but doesnt probably run as hard/find the footy as well.

Toss up.

Both please.

I see a lot of Joel Selwood in Beams, could not be happier with him. Not sure who will be better, I'll go with Dayne given his comparative youth.

Anthony in my eyes.

Anthony has more class and talent than Beams i reckon but in saying that Beams seems like one of those players who isn't the most "naturally gifted" but is more just able to step up to the standard of footy that is being played.

Beams would get more of the pill if he was the club's number 1 midfielder also.

cant say thats a valid point to be honest. if anything shows anothney has done very well because i admit and its not to hard to see our midifield isnt quite up to scratch yet. but beams has good players around him, easier to find the ball. beams very well may become better but i think anothney is doing extreamly well considering the circumstances

I'd take both of them anyday! However, I went with Beams. Younger, uses the ball better and is quite good around goals.

Anthony did very well after missing half of the year through injury. I'm looking forward to seeing what he's capable of when fully fit.

He's a bit older than Beams so hard to judge who will be better in the long run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both please.

I see a lot of Joel Selwood in Beams, could not be happier with him. Not sure who will be better, I'll go with Dayne given his comparative youth.

Lol!

They're both pretty bloody good, I'll have to reserve judgement until after another season (maybe two!) and see if Beams can step up to Anthony's level with another year under the belt.

how sad only carlton supporters thinking that beams is a dud they wish they had him, i think beams will probably be better as he is younger but would be happy with either in my team

I don't think him to be a dud, just Anthony to be better at this stage.
Anthony shines brighter for a lower club than Beams has for a profile club.

Time will tell, but my money is on Anthony

Who's holding him back Shane O'Bree, Tarkyn Lockyer? :eek:
Yeh, because they're our two best midfielders?

I'd go with Anthony in any case, supporter or not. Made an impact from his first kick. I'm scraping the barrel to remember anything Beams did.
Judging from your above comment, that may be because you only watch North Melbourne games.

No, it's because I'm scraping the barrel trying to think of anything significant he's done.
haha, tell me, do you actually think Lockyer and O'Bree are the players that hold Beams back from being higher in the pecking order of our midfield?

And what would you define as significant? I'd say grabbing 3 Brownlow votes in one game, and 2 in the next is fairly significant for a guy in his debut year.

The argument about quality of midfield holding a player back is bullshit.

Anthony is obviously a natural accumulater. He would do that in any team, and would probably find it easier in a gun midfield.

He has to get his disposal up.

The thing is, when drafted all the talk (including from the man himself) was about how good his skills are. He averaged over a goal a game as a mid in the WAFL from memory as well.

So I don't think skills are a worry, just needs to adjust to the pace. It looks like a given that he will avreage 25+, so if he display WAFL disposal this year, he can be a real star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back