Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know where he lives? Assuming he conducts his classes from home, there must be at least one poster here who has handed over money to attend his art classes and knows his address.

We could band together and descend on his house as a crowd, and inform him he is not getting another cent out of us. There are a few lawyers on this board who could cobble together some legalese informing him of his fate. We'll tell him he'd be well advised to double his output of resin tables and tout harder for students wanting to learn how to make them. He is going to need an alternative income.

Mate, completely understand your frustration and I'm feeling it too.
But if you're not careful, s**t like this belongs on Nuffies on AFL Pages

Surely they would have built in clauses that he had to reach?

Pies players and the club could have taken legal action but the club wanted to keep this in house.

I have no idea why we didn't blackmail him into retiring.

Pies players and the club could have taken legal action but the club wanted to keep this in house.

I have no idea why we didn't blackmail him into retiring.

I thought the story was that the players told him to leave. It's no wonder we've got no grounds to sack him on the basis that he isn't fulfilling the requirements set out in his contract. Pretty hard to say he's "not coming to work" when he has been told by his colleagues that he's not welcome.

In fact, if this is indeed the case, I think it would backfire if it went to court, unless we keep paying him.

I thought the story was that the players told him to leave. It's no wonder we've got no grounds to sack him on the basis that he isn't fulfilling the requirements set out in his contract. Pretty hard to say he's "not coming to work" when he has been told by his colleagues that he's not welcome.

In fact, if this is indeed the case, I think it would backfire if it went to court, unless we keep paying him.

Players didn't want him at the club, they said he wasn't welcome.

I don’t get why the rest of his contract needed to be paid out, he retired.

Unless it was a delisting/forced retirement.

Retired due to injury so the settlement had to be reflected in the salary cap.

Can I ask a question?

Lets say we’re in a standoff with Beams where he doesn’t want to accept a payout, and wants to milk the club for every cent of his contract

He can get that and retire.

Doesn't the club have recourse in what he gets up to?

“If you want to remain in contract until 2022, you need the club’s consent to independently sell paintings, and actually spend your time finger painting.”

You’d think the club would have more power over the player’s activities when under contract.

I assume the painting is part of his therapy so not sure the club could or should stand in the way of that.

Swan was continued to be paid.. that’s the idea of a contract is to guarantee the money.

People like Boyd simply have a heart did the right thing instead of ******* a club.

Swan was paid out by the AFL but as I understand it the capacity to do that wasn't included in the current EBA.

Players didn't want him at the club, they said he wasn't welcome.
And who can blame them considering the circumstances connected with his original departure?
Something the club failed to take into account when allowing him to sneak back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did he do? Is the mental health thing just a smoke screen?

allegedy took a teammates credit card (starts with S and ends in bottom) and used it to fuel his gambling addiction... After that was barred from ever entering the club again and has been at home painting ever since.

allegedy took a teammates credit card (starts with S and ends in bottom) and used it to fuel his gambling addiction... After that was barred from ever entering the club again and has been at home painting ever since.

Wow, dog act against someone who was a good mate. Wasn’t Steele one of the main guys pushing for his return?

Gardening leave, now known as finger painting leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back