News De Goey Charged With Indecent Assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly, although the article did confirm that the police/prosecutor can still press charges even if the victim gave a no complaint letter then and if she gives or gave one again this time around they can still proceed with the charges.
Not really going to be able to prove that no consent was given beyond reasonable doubt with out a victim

Of

Of course she would, and so would Jessica Halloran, whoever the fu** she is

They're all ******* gunning for us now, they won't stop until our season is completely derailed.

Of course she could try and get the facts right.

But another article posted before said the NRLs policy is only if the charge is 11+ years in jail, so DeGoey would be free to play in the NRL!

Not really going to be able to prove that no consent was given beyond reasonable doubt with out a victim
You’re assuming she hasn’t changed her mind, and/or that there wasn’t a witness. Wasn’t it that a friend made a complaint or encouraged her to press charges?

Of course she could try and get the facts right.

But another article posted before said the NRLs policy is only if the charge is 11+ years in jail, so DeGoey would be free to play in the NRL!
I think Caro said that too, I didn't bother reading Hallorans "opinion piece"

DeGoey’s defence lawyer said they haven’t receive an updated brief

Is that still the case as of today?

Painfully long time to be kept in the dark when the issue does the rounds of the media.

And given that when they took him into the station, they never formally talked to him. Is that strange after being charged? So he was charged then released? And now he will be away for the next few weeks in a hub.

You'd think his lawyer would be using this time to get some update on what's going on, why he was charged now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that still the case as of today?

Painfully long time to be kept in the dark when the issue does the rounds of the media.
May not be an updated breif. May not be new evidence. May simply be that a different investigator or prosecutor read the file and decided that charges should be laid.

May not be an updated breif. May not be new evidence. May simply be that a different investigator or prosecutor read the file and decided that charges should be laid.

For sure. My sense that there must be something new in there only comes from the apparent surprise of the JDG camp, which implied their belief that there had to be more than what they'd dealt with before.

All guessing games at this stage.

The whole timeline of the incident happening, through to reporting it and having it investigated, to the present day charge, all seems bizarre to me.
The police reopening the case, l think would be on a request from the alleged victim. I just feel uneasy as to why someone would want a case reopened.

If a young woman has been indecently assaulted and the case reopened due to new evidence (presumably this is the reason for this case to reappear), then the law must run its course. Until JDG is found guilty of this charge, he must be accorded due process.
We do know that JDG verbally abused the woman, because he has actually apologised. If he assaulted her as charged, then I have no sympathy whatsoever.

If a young woman has been indecently assaulted and the case reopened due to new evidence (presumably this is the reason for this case to reappear), then the law must run its course. Until JDG is found guilty of this charge, he must be accorded due process.
We do know that JDG verbally abused the woman, because he has actually apologised. If he assaulted her as charged, then I have no sympathy whatsoever.
Right. New evidence. I'm just really suspicous of what new evidence could there be from an incident outside a pub 5 years ago? Something nobody picked up in 2018. The police investigated then and there was nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back