Movie Deadpool (potential spoilers inside)

Remove this Banner Ad

If anything I was disappointed she was only nude for like, 3 seconds. That was a bit cheap.

Go back and have a look at Homeland Season 1. Gets off her clothes for longer than three seconds, from memory.

One of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a while. Kept things simple and executed perfectly. Props to Ryan Reynolds for pushing to make the movie properly.

Thought it was good, not great.

The people behind me kept on clapping and yelling s**t at the screen. When Stan Lee came on screen they no joke all started going wild like their team had just won the flag. Was amazingly annoying.

The Hugh Jackman jokes were gold.

Man, I had people behind me reading the entire opening credits out loud. So annoying.

Was pretty fun. Like the comics, most of the jokes hit the mark and a minority were a bit too juvenile. Too many flashbacks and outside-costume scenes for my liking, but I guess you don't spend all that money on a star like Ryan Reynolds in order to have masked stuntman on screen the whole time.

Bit torn on the idea of a sequel; this movie was great but not sure if a follow-up would work.

Too much flashbacks and not enough Deadpool, I agree. Actually wouldn't have minded it just be linear and cut the backstory to the first 20 minutes and just get into the Deadpool stuff from there.

Very good flick and had a lot of fun, buuuuut...

Did anyone feel the graphic nature of the violence was overrated? And the sex to violence ratio was a bit of out whack? At least it felt that way to me, I was brought up on 80s flicks like Rambo and RoboCop, Die Hard and Commando. The violence in this was nothing spectacular and sexual content was 90% dialogue.

Humour was great though and the soundtrack was really cool, and I usually despise hip hop.

Yeah, nothing really overly out of the ordinary. Kick-Ass felt like a way more violent film.

Was a fun film but I wasn't really blown away. I wanted to be but way too much of the better Deadpool bits were used in promotional material, so felt like I was sitting through what I've already seen and just going, "Ah, I remember that bit." :p In fact, probably saw more in promotional media than in the film. Way too much backstory.

That's a trend amongst most films these days. They pretty much lay out the entire story in the trailer. Even the twists.

Look at the trailer for the latest Sacha BC movie....

Brother from opposite worlds. One is an assassin, one a twat.
Assassin and twat meet up, twat ruins assassins world, twat has hidden assassin skills, twat and assassin work together.

Why even bother going to see it?

I made sure I closed any trailers or shorts for Deadpool over the last 12 months, so that the entire movie was "new" and I reckon that made it much more enjoyable.

Just watched Deadpool. It's very disjointed. Not to say I didn't like it. But it moves all over the place too quickly.

i concur somewhat. it was jerky and helter skelter. but it followed a simple principle that can be effective in movies. instead of a linear mode, it kept you concentrating to piece together what was an otherwise simple movie.

it was light, fresh and different. focusing on a core group of characters helps the viewing audience. simple.

in terms of humour, it was more "HA!" rather than "hahahaaahahahaahhaa". a short HA. i think that's the aim cause its quite fast paced during fight scenes, lengthy laughter may cause you to miss something.

quotables, there are many.

probably the villains were weak. ajax feel no pain? well a bullet to the head fixes that. for soldiers, they cant really shoot well. or aim well. in the final battle it was all too easy.

RR did a good job. wise cracking lolman straight from Origins.

I suppose they have to introduce the character properly for future movies. Sort of like the first part of a trilogy. I bloody well enjoyed that though, best movie I've seen in ages (apart from TFA). I only hope to god marvel's final movie is one absolute * around and everyone is in it. As long as it is well written.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i concur somewhat. it was jerky and helter skelter. but it followed a simple principle that can be effective in movies. instead of a linear mode, it kept you concentrating to piece together what was an otherwise simple movie.

it was light, fresh and different. focusing on a core group of characters helps the viewing audience. simple.

in terms of humour, it was more "HA!" rather than "hahahaaahahahaahhaa". a short HA. i think that's the aim cause its quite fast paced during fight scenes, lengthy laughter may cause you to miss something.

quotables, there are many.

probably the villains were weak. ajax feel no pain? well a bullet to the head fixes that. for soldiers, they cant really shoot well. or aim well. in the final battle it was all too easy.

RR did a good job. wise cracking lolman straight from Origins.
Very good elaboration. Thats exactly what I felt too. Too quick stylistically, you miss all the jokes, quips, gore, bits of story. Not just the non linear narrative, just every scene and shot was brief, jumping constantly to the next before you could process anything. The storyboard for that script would have been insane.

I kinda didnt like the film.

Saw it over the weekend, it's a weak story movie made good due to the fact they hyped the * out of it, it had to deliver in some way which it did.

Some real hilarious moments, not sure of the MA (R) rating at all, didn't seem all that bad.

I suppose they have to introduce the character properly for future movies. Sort of like the first part of a trilogy. I bloody well enjoyed that though, best movie I've seen in ages (apart from TFA). I only hope to god marvel's final movie is one absolute **** around and everyone is in it. As long as it is well written.

i was htinking that last night too. but if say avengers, x men, mr pool etc are all together it would dilute their air time.

Saw it over the weekend, it's a weak story movie made good due to the fact they hyped the **** out of it, it had to deliver in some way which it did.

Some real hilarious moments, not sure of the MA (R) rating at all, didn't seem all that bad.

i think it was the swearing, decapitation, references to touching oneself, and brief all to brief nudity

Saw it over the weekend, it's a weak story movie made good due to the fact they hyped the **** out of it, it had to deliver in some way which it did.

it wasnt hella good, not amazing, but a solid B+

i was thinking imagine if disney was involved in deadpool. *shudder*

If Disney were involved it would mean Marvel were in control, we'd be getting a much better X-Men franchise.

but it would be watered down would it not?

Watered down to what? It will be a much truer adaptation.

The current X-Men movies are hardly pushing boundaries.

i was htinking that last night too. but if say avengers, x men, mr pool etc are all together it would dilute their air time.
Even without the x-men plus deadpool (x force) they still have the likes of ant man, black panther, doctor strange, the guardians, spiderman, plus iron man and Thor who left the avengers at the end of (AoU). Not forgetting all of the tv series like agents of shield and daredevil. Obviously if they could buy back the x-men and the fantastic 4 it would be even better but who knows. They'd probably need about 4 movies for a cast like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back