Dees pick up Father Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Best of luck to the kid, but it's not a great sign that it's taken this long to announce.

it's been confirmed for a while, but now it's finally official... i guess you don't get many father/sons in a different state to the club they're playing for...

also chris has been working hard for his year 12 studies, and put footy on the backburner for a bit... but seems keen to come and join the demons...

Originally posted by w00dy
it's been confirmed for a while, but now it's finally official...

Which tells me that Melbourne held back for a reason.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Which tells me that Melbourne held back for a reason.
Probably because he is doing his year 12 exams all the way over in Perth.

I reckon Cameron was waiting until trade period was over until he went over to Perth to make it official.

I guess.

My club has had plenty of father-son picks, and i've noticed that they announce the real good ones early, whilst holding off on the others until the last minute.

If we'd just announced Mark Blake's signing, i'd be worried.

Originally posted by DarkRider
Alan Johnson ??????????????

Gee, he must have been good - I don't remember him.:D

Alan Johnson Profile
demons.com.au
2:47:53 PM Mon 20 October, 2003

Recruited from – Perth
Games Played – 135
Goals – 94
Guernsey Number – 9
Best and Fairest – 1983.1989
Deputy Vice Captain – 1986
State of Origin Rep (WA) – 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988
Night Premierships – 1987, 1989

A highly skilled wingman who won a Best & Fairest in 1983 and then switched to defence (back pocket) and won his second Best & Fairest in 1989. Was unfortunate to miss Melbourne’s run into the finals in 1987 with a severe hamstring injury. Returned in 1988 and was selected in a back pocket where he was in brilliant form and was one of only a few players who performed in the 1988 Grand Final.

GUN

This chap is very good and it was known a fair while ago that he was going to the Dees.

I was speaking to one of my workmates during the season and he said that his son had played juniors with Johnson and played school footy against Daniel Wells, he reckoned Wells was awesome and Johnson was in the same class. That's some recommendation, let's hope he steps up to the senior grade.

As per typical with all these VFL stats they forget to make a comment about Alan Johnson's stellar WAFL career when the Perth Demons were a virtual juggernaut.

He needs a shoulder reconstruction already from memory - they made him play this year with it because he was on a sports scholarship at his school.

Certainly didn't look fit for WA at the carnival - he was awful. Will give him the benefit of the doubt though.

What's happened to Nathan Ablett PAP - I thought you said Geelong were just playing it cool and it was all under control? ;) Have they given up for this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back