Review Dees v Handbaggers – The Good, Bad & Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah late in the third it felt like it was going to be a night where we blew out chances and the Cats killed us with a quick run on.
The game opened up and Geelong were scoring easier while we weren't despite having control. We had only scored 5 goals for the game and it felt like we'd need 5 in the last to have a chance which obviously we did.

Does anyone know our record against them in the last 6 years.
Apart from Saturday we beat them three times in 2021. Everything else we've lost.

Remarkably I think that makes us a 4-4 split since 2019.

Was I the only one who thought we'd win all night? Genuinely wasn't worried for a second. Maybe it's just cause I've lost care for us but it was the opposite of our normal games where we never lost momentum for more than like a minute or 2 and then had the game back into a neutral state.
I had my doubting moments. That game might have set a new record for exclamations of the type "F... M.!"
Incredibly frustrating misses of easy shots on goal and easy goal opportunities missed.
Having said all that, I thought we controlled the game for most of the night.

It's wild how the narrative has become "Melbourne played better but if Geelong had kicked straight they would've won". Totally ignoring the fact that if we had kicked straight we would've been out of sight at 3/4 time.
Some people will just never be satisfied. We just beat the undefeated Cats and people aren't happy because we didn't kick 20 goals and play pretty football. Our brand stands up. It might not be as entertaining as a few other sides, but for the list we have, I reckon we're playing to our strengths.

Hes my favourite player, I picked him to win the B&F and Brownlow and still believe hell do it.
My mate put 200 on him not long after the scandal stuff broke BIG TIME.

He wasn’t confident but thought it might be worth jumping on the Oliver train while his stocks were low

My mate put 200 on him not long after the scandal stuff broke BIG TIME.

He wasn’t confident but thought it might be worth jumping on the Oliver train while his stocks were low
Thats very ballsy slapping $200 down. Must be an even more loyal and long time Oliver fan than me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats very ballsy slapping $200 down. Must be an even more loyal and long time Oliver fan than me.
I actually think he did it because he’s a ****ing idiot, but who knows

I actually think he did it because he’s a ******* idiot, but who knows
Had $200 burning a hole in his pocket, why not give it to struggling business' Sportsbet or TAB

A11dAtP0w3R Topkent ok, rewatched the last quarter and recorded Olivers stats because I'm a flipping nerd.

8 handball
1 tackle
4 kick
1 goal assist
1 intercept
7 contested possessions
2 mark
1 clearance

11/12 efficiency

One caught htb looking to handball

Only one clearance wasn't ideal, but he really showed up for us in the last. He is still a fraction fumbly but looks way better than two weeks ago (Not difficult...).

Also rewatching Petty had a huge last quarter in terms of impact, and Mays kicking is just ridiculous.

Just to add to the above Oliver is clearly more handball happy again which I think is an absolute net gain. He’s normally the biggest dump kick offender, I’m just happy he or the coaches (or both) have made a change.

Also rewatching Petty had a huge last quarter in terms of impact, and Mays kicking is just ridiculous.
I really should have given Petty votes despite his average disposal, saw his highlight reel from this game on YouTube and it really speaks for itself, his marking was incredible.

I really should have given Petty votes despite his average disposal, saw his highlight reel from this game on YouTube and it really speaks for itself, his marking was incredible.

He was also the one who made Frittas goal possible with that spoil running back with the flight. Him clunking marks makes our F50 SO much better, even if he isn’t kicking goals he takes a ton of KPD attention.

Good interview with Tmac yesterday on SEN. Said something about Petty's recovery which was interesting. Basically said that people think Lisfrancs are a six month injury but it's really closer to a nine month injury before you start to get your mobility and confidence to jump back. So he wasn't surprised Petty was only now starting to look fit.

Good interview with Tmac yesterday on SEN. Said something about Petty's recovery which was interesting. Basically said that people think Lisfrancs are a six month injury but it's really closer to a nine month injury before you start to get your mobility and confidence to jump back. So he wasn't surprised Petty was only now starting to look fit.
I think we all said he wont be back til mid year originally, came back much earlier than we thought so it makes sense that it would take him a while to get up to speed again.

Had $200 burning a hole in his pocket, why not give it to struggling business' Sportsbet or TAB

Give me a free $200 Brownlow bet it's going straight on Serong at the odds on offer.

Clarry has had flipping amazing season before and not been right in the finish in the Brownlow, he may well finish strong but even so that is setting fire to perfectly good money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back