Review Dees v the Aints: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Straw poll

Do I watch the....

Full game?
Kayo mini?
Don't waste you time.

Thumbs up/down reaction will do. I guess the wow response is also give it a miss.

But lord Nev reported that all our players were sick though?

True Richmond supporter bullshit. We lost. Badly. So obviously everyone had gastro or Covid or whatevs because otherwise we would have won against eagles by a million points. Or a billion maybe
Eagles players have clearly caught COVID from our players last week. Game set and match PG :$

Petty was looking ok and then did his ankle in the 2nd yeah? That's what I thought happened but could be wrong
I read something now that said it was foot? Didn’t watch though and I don’t recall what I read so ankle it is

Crawling to 100 points and letting Saint Kilda do whatever they wanted to us for the last five minutes of the game, instead of caving their fn heads in (especially after being utterly trashed by a terrible WC Eagles last week),

Bah **** this team even when we win they piss me off.

St Kilda are horrible.

Thought McAdam toiled away. Brought heat at ground level and brought a few to ground but the delivery to him was crap and you can see he's still finding his feat in a new team. Like the balance it brings to the team with him playing deep forward though.

Satisfying game on a Sunday afternoon at the pub with the fire going. Was nice putting them to the sword at times. Gave up some late goals but was largely because we were opening the game up which is fine. The class differential was stark.

Rooter taking some full bodied marks coming hard out of the square got the blood pumping. Nibs on ball has been great, gives us much better coverage on the spread and he's good at getting a handball out whilst being tackled. Langdon up forward has been good.

Tmac/Tomlinson/May all great. Some of McVees run and guns were fantastic. Need to utilize that more.

It's always a great day when we flog the Saints

Straw poll

Do I watch the....

Full game?
Kayo mini?
Don't waste you time.

Thumbs up/down reaction will do. I guess the wow response is also give it a miss.
Watch all of it. Tell me what happened. Then I can give it a miss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. The last 3 junk time goals left a bit our sour taste in an otherwise (apart from the 2nd qrt) solid game.

% is important when 2nd to 10th or whatever is hovering around 100-110 %
Saints were 5 goals by 3/4 time and ended up with 9. Two goals in a row basically back to back. Reminded me of the north game last year were 110 up and gave up the last 3. Sometimes you just want ruthlessness.

I believe at the time he was counting his change to see if he could afford a meat pie and sauce.
Off topic a bit, but does anyone have change anymore? I swipe the lot in the approved non contact manner (and when I look at my bank statements on the rare occasion, we are all getting scalped) but I haven’t had money for years. I feel for the homeless on the street. I used to give them something when I could.

Good: Playing through the corridor

Bad: Playing through the corridor and having enough good entries to win by 80 points just makes it more obvious we totally lack class and method going inside 50 and converting from easy opportunities.

Just quietly how about the difference between how Tmac uses the ball after he intercepts and how Lever does.

He’s been prone to some terrible clangers through his career but the kicks he is going for and the will to move it on quickly and directly is exactly what we need out of the backline.

Winning gonna p* off a few around here :)

Genuinely a fun game to watch.

Kicked 100pts against one of the better defensive sides.

Gawn is a marvel. 7th AA coming up. Best ruckman ever. And he had a fitness test before the game!

May/Tommo/TMac were genuinely great.

Loved Salem's game. JVR played one of his better games too.

Back in top 4.

2nd quarter was a bit poo, but still strong defensively.

Petty is cooked. 67 inside 50s for 3 touches? Cmon. McAdam not much better.

Freo next week a good test.

Just quietly how about the difference between how Tmac uses the ball after he intercepts and how Lever does.

He’s been prone to some terrible clangers through his career but the kicks he is going for and the will to move it on quickly and directly is exactly what we need out of the backline.
Showed off the old ball fake side step today in the centre of the ground in traffic too. No idea how he still gets away with it but he did. Timeless signature move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back