Review Dees v the Aints: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Max coming in under an injury cloud.

Im Back Wake Up GIF
He's even taller than Taker.

Off topic a bit, but does anyone have change anymore? I swipe the lot in the approved non contact manner (and when I look at my bank statements on the rare occasion, we are all getting scalped) but I haven’t had money for years. I feel for the homeless on the street. I used to give them something when I could.
I still only use money, and will continue to do so until it no longer exists.

I'm not sure about this, are they one of the best defensive teams? I think their defence is mediocre at best they are 8th on lowest scores against. Still they way we played in the 1st and 3rd quarters was very pleasing.
We're only the 2nd side to kick 100pts on them. And yes, Ross Lyon sides are strong defensively. 67 inside 50s was a great turn around from last week. Freo a bigger test next week. They are playing good footy.

I actually want us to win and really enjoyed this game unlike some around here. I honestly don't know what some people expected from the game? Surely we exceeded what some were predicting? Scored 100pts. 67 inside 50s showed more attacking style. Runs of goals. Some great lowering of the eyes and lead up marks. Solid enough win. Looking around every other game from the weekend, wasn't many other teams putting up bigger numbers or playing more attacking footy. In fact, I'd argue we played the most attractive footy over most every other side this wknd.

Too much change in your fruit bowl last night?
I don’t even know what this means. It probably means something. I don’t know. I’ve got an angry octopus in my head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few thoughts,

It does look like Kozzy is finally getting the midfield time we have asked for. I've also seen ANB floating through there which I've liked. Get Rivers and Windsor in there to play receiver a bit more and I'll be happy.

JVR coming back in with a nice bag. Once again he thrives from a more open forwardline.

I like McAdam but he's clearly not ready for the seniors. I'm not sure why he needed to come back in when Sestan could play a similar role and has done more to earn his spot.

I feel a bit for Petty, we refused to use him as a forward for years then when we finally do he injures his foot and ruins his mobility and now Goodwin is stubbornly unwilling to end the experiment.

I've gotten to a point where I'm not noticing Oliver anymore. He doesn't do anything memorable. Really disappointing fall from the player he used to be.

Tom Sparrow, another nothing game.

Hunter did enough to keep his spot. We look better with him in the side.

Tomlinson won't hold his spot but it was great to see him have such a lively game. IIRC Dogs almost took him off our hands a couple of years ago and then didn't. Hopefully there's an opportunity for him somewhere after he leaves us. I think he still has a bit to contribute.

Last edited:
I don’t even know what this means. It probably means something. I don’t know. I’ve got an angry octopus in my head
Too many Harvest Snaps Pea Crisps in your Mascot Marathon, so to speak?

On the Hunter/Billings thing - Hunter is a very smart player and knows when to keep the ball moving (that little tap on in the first half was very clever). Billings almost always holds the ball up from a mark and then ends up choosing the safest 20-25m kick anyway.

We have enough safe and sound decision makers. Hunter instinctively wants to keep the play moving, probably why he played his best footy in that run and handball Dogs team of 2016, and I think that's why he needs to play in the team.

Woey also deserves a full game. If Windsor needs a rest then Woey should come in.

On the Hunter/Billings thing - Hunter is a very smart player and knows when to keep the ball moving (that little tap on in the first half was very clever). Billings almost always holds the ball up from a mark and then ends up choosing the safest 20-25m kick anyway.

We have enough safe and sound decision makers. Hunter instinctively wants to keep the play moving, probably why he played his best footy in that run and handball Dogs team of 2016, and I think that's why he needs to play in the team.

Woey also deserves a full game. If Windsor needs a rest then Woey should come in.

I would do that. Switch Woey and Windsor around.

Windsor was in my bad list. He played a less than ordinary game.

I've gotten to a point where I'm not noticing Oliver anymore. He doesn't do anything memorable. Really disappointing fall from the player he used to be.
Its getting to the stage now where I just expect him to look average week to week, no point even getting worked up over. Might start calling him Dulliver though.

Wasn’t even a comfortable victory, lets be honest.

Outside of North the Saints are the worst team in the league and they won two quarters.

And you just know those campaigners are out drunk on barhwater somewhere celebrating too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back