Review Dees v Tigers - the Good, Bad & Fugly on Anzac Day Eve - Rd 6, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see all the players get involved when the scuffle broke out. We continued to show who was boss in the immediate contests after it, Viney in particular wanted to hurt people badly. That's another new string to our bow! Don't try to rough us up! We look stronger in general, so many players standing up through tackles and breaking them often. A joy to watch.

I was at the round 22 game in 98 when Richmond had to beat us to make finals. We won by 77 I think and Farmer took mark of the year. The Richmond fans were hilarious. My brother and I nearly got in a fight with some old bloke who was incandescent with rage! I was 20. Good memories as I didn’t get to see much live football.
Gary Lyon certainly made a good step ladder in the 90s.
images (1) (2).jpeg
images (1) (3).jpeg

When I was a kid we made finals in 94 and then again in 98. Those 4 years felt like an eternity don't know how the younger generation survived 12 years of nothing.
Im 21,
2018 was pretty much the only time I could really consciously remember being in finals
It's been rough

Was it Rivers who did that amazingly courageous full-length spoil when the Tigers were about to score a goal midway through the 3rd, which stated the chain that involved Hunt running the length of the ground and ANB getting a free kick in the goal square?

If so my man love for Rivers has gone to another level.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

From an SEN article on the game:

"Just as it seemed Richmond were set for two in a minute, Trent Rivers put in one of the best defensive spoils of the year.

Words fail to do the greatness of the act justice, yet Rivers important fist was as metaphoric as it was genuine, proving to the men in yellow and black the dogfight nature of the game in the moments of the match."

Do not underestimate how courageous that was.

Picked you guys as top four when doing ladder predictions earlier this year. After tonight’s performance there’s no reason that won’t be the case. Pressure was insane and well done to Nathan Jones who’s been there through the good, bad and very bad times.

Every heart beats true tonight!
Will be 2 games and almost 40% inside the top 4 with games against North, Swans, Crows & Blues coming up

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spare a thought for me old man and that generation. They went 23 years without finals 65-1987.

I hadn't thought of it but the symmetry between Robbie Flower and Nathan Jones is pretty crazy. Jones plays 2 finals in his debut year then doesn't again for 12 years. Flower doesn't play his first final till his final season.

Different players yet both shining lights and hero's during their clubs down times. Both in #2

I honestly don't notice anything Jordan does.
Trac, Oliver, Rivers, Jackson, Mcdonald etc I can remember contests where they stood out. I can't remember a single thing Jordan did. Nothing bad, nothing good. At the end of the game he just has some disposals and tackles apparently

I love that we copped their best for the first ten then out the foot down on the throat for the rest of the match. Them losing their bottle in the last 5 min just made it all the sweeter.

Yea, making the 3 time premiers have a complete meltdown was almost as good as the win itself.

Was it Rivers who did that amazingly courageous full-length spoil when the Tigers were about to score a goal midway through the 3rd, which stated the chain that involved Hunt running the length of the ground and ANB getting a free kick in the goal square?

If so my man love for Rivers has gone to another level.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Amazing sequence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back