List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

West Coast star Andrew Gaff turns down a lucrative long term offer to go home to Victoria. In other news Fremantle reigning club champion Lachine Neale, a South Australian native, wants to join Brisbane, a team which consistently finished at the bottom (of course they will be better than Fremantle soon but still) of the ladder. This has been a fun year, hasn't it?

More fluff.

No chance we're getting rid of Brander.

If Geelong want a top 10 pick that is their prerogative, but given Gaff has re-signed the need for Kelly is not as urgent.
The narrative is as if we are stalking Kelly like north on Gaff. Kelly was out and wants to come to us. We are jus being a kind family oriented club trying to help.

d23b03c0f0350d0975c75c4120d92e78.jpg

Up the ******* Coasters!

“No dice it is then” says Geelong.:handbag::cat:

Then Rawlings steps up and rolls a Yahtzee.

:gamedie::gamedie::gamedie::gamedie::gamedie:

Kelly joins the Eagles .:westcoast:

Winners are grinners . :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone post the article?View attachment 570046
Unless the Cats receive a top-10 pick as a minimum for the gun midfielder, they will attempt to keep him at the club next season.

As much as Kelly, 24, wants to go back home to a Western Australian club so his partner and three young children can be closer to family, Geelong will only do the deal if they can secure a commensurate swap for the brilliant ballwinner.

TRADE GUIDE: WHO YOUR CLUB IS CHASING

CAT OUT: KELLY OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE

MASSIVE SHOCK: GAFF REJECTS NORTH’S HUGE OFFER

And when the Cats meet Fremantle and West Coast officials on Monday to kick-off trade talks about the mature-age revelation, that will be the very clear message.

It’s a pick inside the top-10, or Kelly is held to his contract.

That’s how highly Chris Scott and his crew rate Kelly, after he missed out on the Cats’ best and fairest by only half a vote to Mark Blicavs last week.

Andrew Gaff’s decision to stay at West Coast will make it tougher for the Eagles to pull-off a deal as they prioritise a ruck replacement for Scott Lycett.

The Eagles have picks No.19 and No. 20 (Lycett compensation) and may have to bundle them up in a swap to secure No.10 from North Melbourne to satisfy the Cats.

Tim Kelly wants to return to Western Australia. Picture: Michael Klein
Geelong may also inquire about 195cm key forward Jarrod Brander, the first year goalkicker who was taken with pick No.13 last year and played one AFL game.

But it will still have to be Brander and a decent draft pick as well, rather than a straight swap for Kelly.

Gaff’s decision is a boost for Fremantle.

The Dockers are tipped to lose Lachie Neale to Brisbane and will have picks No.4 and No.5 to target Melbourne’s Jesse Hogan and Kelly in a one-two hit.

But Melbourne want both picks for Hogan, potentially tying the Dockers’ hands on Kelly.

FREE AGENT: CATS SECURE DAHLHAUS FROM DOGS

TRADE REQUEST: NEALE TELLS DOCKERS HE WANTS TO BE A LION

This is all somewhat new territory for the Cats, who have been on the receiving end of very few trade requests in recent years.

Ruckman Shane Mumford received a bonza deal to go to Sydney in 2009, Gary Ablett also walked to the Suns for a truckload more money in 2010 and captain Leigh Colbert sensationally departed for North Melbourne in 1999.

But that’s about it, four big guns in two decades.

No doubt, there is an awkward back drop to the Kelly situation because he loves playing his football in Geelong, and has absolutely flourished in his debut AFL season.

But the reality is Kelly’s partner, Caitlin Miller, has been homesick.

Kelly finished second in Geelong’s best and fairest after a brilliant debut season. Picture: Michael Klein
Miller said mid-season she was struggling in Geelong because “I have no family or friends here.”

“It’s boring for me,” Miller said on social media.

“Our family are super tight and back home we all lived in the same neighbourhood I could just walk to see them all.

“It’s very hard but I’m not unhappy just miss them.”

But the Cats have already made clear to the South Fremantle product that it will only release him over the next fortnight in return for an amazing deal.

Like Gary Ablett at the end of 2016, when he played one more season for the Suns against his wishes, Kelly is contracted for another season.

And we know the feeling in the industry is that clubs need to gain back some power in the player movement market.

Too many contracts are being torn up, as players pick and choose their new homes, most often for more money.

We know the Cats have been a very kind and compassionate club in the past, throwing their full support behind their players through all sorts of issues.

But their position on this one is concrete.

Can someone post the article?View attachment 570046
Geelong wanting to force the Dorkers and us to bid for Kelly...

I wonder if Geelong realise that the Dorkers have pick 5 and then nothing until about pick 80??

Even if they get pick 4 for Neale, isn't their priority Hogan? No way would they be in the market to bid an early pick for Kelly.

Last edited:
Gaff staying makes it less likely that we land Lobb I would have thought. Jungle drums seem to have Freo as favourites to land his services.

Ruck stocks look a little thin now. Hickey or Roughead...yuck

Club keen on Hickey for a reason.

What sort of ruck stle is Hickey?

We need to replace Lycetts presence around the ball.

I would be pretty dissapointed if we gave up brander, hopefully the eags bulk at that.

Offer next year's first pick aNd this year's pick 37 for Kelly and 49.

49 for hickey.

Take 20 and 21 to the draft.

Pick 70 and parto for ports 48.
Use 48 on Cameron.

Delist karps

In: Kelly, hickey, 20, 21 and Cameron (48)
Out: emac, Lycett, parto, lecras (retire) and karps

Geelong wanting to force the Dorkers and us to bid for Kelly...

I wonder if they realise that the Dorkers have pick 5 and then nothing until about pick 70??

Even if they get pick 4 for Neale, isn't their priority Hogan? No way would they be in the market to bid an early pick for Kelly.

Kelly would be wasted at Fremantle he would be just like all their other midfielders that win the ball and then have no one to kick it to in the forward line other than Son Son...... unfortunately he is triple teamed....... because the opposition has spare men in defence, because no one is playing on Sunshine, due to the fact that he is in the hands of the trainers, having a panic attack and Apeness has fallen over again being such a gangly unco player.

Better for Kelly to come to West Coast and have real forwards to kick it to.

I’d rather have a pissed off Tim Kelly playing at Geelong next season than giving those self entitled overrated pricks a top 10 pick plus Brander:drunk:. If we can win a GF without Gaff, Nic Nat and Shep, imagine what we can do with them in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back