List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assuming we match.. Gaff to North - 10 (or equivalent, since this is reportedly for Polec) to Dogs - English to us?

Could stomach that if we got Kelly in for one of those 20s. Of course.. would rather just keep Gaff and grab Kelly as well haha. Go after Cogs next year to get one back as we go for 2020 threepeat :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So whats the list of WA talent moving around.

Kelly (return to WA)
Lobb (return to WA)
English (return to WA)
Hogan (return to WA)
Kent (requested trade to StKilda)
Duncan? (get away from Geelong)
Martin? (get away from Gold Coast)

If these are true, this is how I would rank them in terms of want, factoring in their estimated cost.

1. English - Pick (15-20): allows us to have a ruckman to support now (assuming Lycett leaves), but also replace Nic long term. I reckon he will turn into one of the best in the comp.
2. Kelly - Pick (10-15): Would act as the Gaff, Masten or lecras replacement next year, depending who stays. We could do with the extra inside/outside player we lack depth inside atm.
3. Lobb - Pick (pick 10-15): Would give us an AFL grade ruck forward for next year if lycett leaves. Could help in the fwdline when JK retires.
4. Hogan - (Pick 1-3): Brilliant player that would be great to get but only if it was by trading away brander who I don't want to lose. Just costs too much in a position we are already oversupplied in.

My Dream trade period would be:

Start with 21, 37, 69, 73 (assumes suns compo pick)

Retain Gaff

#1 Force a trade for Lycett + Partington + 69 - Get 22, 28 from Port.

#2 Trade 22, 37 for English + 44 > Leaves us with 21, 28, 44, 73

#3 Trade 21, 44 and Nelson for Kelly and 56. Leaves us with 28, 56, 73

Hit the Draft with 28, 56, 73 using 56 for Cameron.

2019 Ins: English, Kelly, 28, Cameron, 73
2019 Outs: Lycett, Partington, Nelson

2019 Best 22:

B: Duggan Barrass Sheppard
HB: Hurn Gov Jetta
C: Gaff Yeo Masten
HF: Kelly Darling Ryan
FF: Rioli Kennedy Cripps

RR: English, Shuey, Redden

Int: Vardy, Hutchings, Cole, Sheed

Depth: Schofield, Venables, Petch, Ah Chee, Waterman, O Allen, Brander, Anus, Brayshaw

Assuming we match.. Gaff to North - 10 (or equivalent, since this is reportedly for Polec) to Dogs - English to us?

Could stomach that if we got Kelly in for one of those 20s. Of course.. would rather just keep Gaff and grab Kelly as well haha. Go after Cogs next year to get one back as we go for 2020 threepeat :p
I like the way you are thinking.

Force North to trade and give us 10 for Gaff and we take compo 22 for Lycett.

English for the Gaff pick 10 (plus we get a pick in 30’s back) sounds fair or we go to draft and get one of Rozee or Hately in draft.
Give thd Suns pick 22ish for Lobb if we use 10 in draft
Give up next years first rounder for Kelly
Go for another mid with Lycett compo in draft

Loads of options.

We do not need to be down. In a room full of horse s**t, I like to think there is a stallion inside

I like the way you are thinking.

Force North to trade and give us 10 for Gaff and we take compo 22 for Lycett.

English for the Gaff pick 10 (plus we get a pick in 30’s back) sounds fair or we go to draft and get one of Rozee or Hately in draft.
Give thd Suns pick 22ish for Lobb if we use 10 in draft
Give up next years first rounder for Kelly
Go for another mid with Lycett compo in draft

Loads of options.

We do not need to be down. In a room full of horse s**t, I like to think there is a stallion inside
Sounds good to me, might struggle to get Lobb from the Suns though

Pretty lame if Hawthorn clean up with Shiel and Scrimshaw.

Scrimshaw was super highly rated on here pre-draft.

******* expansion clubs feeding the big Melbourne clubs first rounders
Yeah he's super talented. Goddard like rebound of half back.

True about not being a first round pick but probably the best young talent at the Lions at the time. From a non-traditional football state and so definitely an expansionist club.
Can’t have been that highly rated if Brisbane weren’t willing to pay an extra 50k or whatever it was, and Freo didn’t think he’d fit on their list. We were effectively the only ones that wanted him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back