List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just read this and almost vomited all over my phone. They cannot be serious! That is just proof they're taking the piss and don't really want to trade him.
Don't think Geelong ever even considered trying to do this trade which is why they put up such unrealistic trade negotiations which they knew WCE would never accept! It was a whole waste of time and energy from all concerned IMO. Lets move on I say!

This has been a very bad non-negotiation, first it was one first rounder, now its two = poor faith = arseh****

Just moving the goal posts a little more each time out of our reach. Pick 13 not good enough because its not 'top 10'. 20 and 22 not good enough because its not 18 and 19?

The club clearly want Kelly which to me now sounds like they have little faith any of our young developing midfielders on our list won’t make it to Kelly’s level. Also the picks they are prepared to offer up they think it is highly unlikely to find a Tim Kelly with them.

b1e40aa7de4d30c92908cab5d2bfb2d9.jpg

Summary of what we’ve done. Sounds like the Kelly trade has gone cold, according to these gits on this livestream.

The club clearly want Kelly which to me now sounds like they have little faith any of our young developing midfielders on our list won’t make it to Kelly’s level. Also the picks they are prepared to offer up they think it is highly unlikely to find a Tim Kelly with them.

Or the club places a high level of importance on trying to do the right thing by its players (including potential players in Tim Kelly). Surely we know that what we've already offered is overs, but we're prepared to do that to facilitate Kelly getting home to a good environment. I'm not suggesting that it's entirely selfless from the club because he's a good player that we're targetting, but the willingness to offer overs to make it happen suggests something more than the purely rational meat market approach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or the club places a high level of importance on trying to do the right thing by its players (including potential players in Tim Kelly). Surely we know that what we've already offered is overs, but we're prepared to do that to facilitate Kelly getting home to a good environment. I'm not suggesting that it's entirely selfless from the club because he's a good player that we're targetting, but the willingness to offer overs to make it happen suggests something more than the purely rational meat market approach.

Yep, Friends Family Flags.

Reckon it’s a bit of both. We really have no obligation to Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back