Mod. Notice Depressed? Anxious? Call Beyond Blue (1300 224636), Lifeline (131114), resources in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone hope you are all coping well, Kirsti from Broken Hill here.

I had a really tuff day yesterday my same sex partner and I Nikki were driving our Yellow Cabs it was preliminary final day in the Broken Hill Afl.

Nikki and I are the only two girls in Australia that are unable to find an Afl Club to accept us although luckily we have soccer teams fighting for our membership.

Nikkis' last game of AFL was the 2013 Grand final her team won the flag and she got BOG this day, an amazing athlete is Nikki a former Australian Soccer Rep Player.

Every other female in Broken was welcome at yesterdays preliminary final except Nikki and I this breaks our heart as the social fabric of any country town revolves around the football clubs it is hard enough living in a tough place like Broken Hill but if you are a GLBTI community member it is even tougher much tougher especially since the local AFL continue to reject us.

Hi all
I suffer from PTSD from being first on the scene at a fatality last year
I have hit rock bottom
Spent a few days in a psych ward last week
Screwed up at work and may lose my job of 23 years
3 little kids
Had my first psychiatric appointment yesterday
So scared
Nightmares of the event are killing me
Finding it very very hard to open up
Have felt like checking out but trying to hold on

Hi all
I have hit rock bottom
3 little kids
So scared

sorry to hear that. I feel for you. not sure what advice to give other than seek professional assistance, and find something you like to do and do it when you can. hang in there

Hi all
I have hit rock bottom
3 little kids
So scared
There was nothing you could do to change what happened at that accident(?), but don't make the tragedy grow by doing something to yourself. If you can't live for yourself, do it for your kids. In time the trauma will subside, it's what the brain does. You have to manage yourself until it does. PM me if you ever need to talk. I'm a good listener and I'm anonymous.

Hi all
I have hit rock bottom
3 little kids
So scared
Bugger, that's hard luck. I'm so sorry you're suffering., but know this, you are definitely NOT alone. I know it's extremely hard but try and stay patient and give yourself time to heal. Things can turn quicker than you realise and often when you least expect it. Feel free to pm me even if all you need is for someone to listen. I haven't suffered PTSD but I've faced severe anxiety and know I'm improving even when at times I felt hopeless. All the best mate.

Last edited:
Hi all
I have hit rock bottom
3 little kids
So scared
Keep fighting mate..

I have recently been diagnosed with depression. I would just like to say that depression for me is something I was born with and it is not something I have created by being a negative person. I think that is a common misconception people have about people with depression. I am dealing with my depression pretty well and I have tried to stay positive and many people close to me have said that I have become a positive and generally a great person to be around. I think when it comes down to it the most important thing when dealing with depression is having support from people around you and your loved ones, that is what has pulled me through...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know what to say except could someone please say hello or something just to help? I feel so horrible just asking

Its the whole point of this thread mate, and its why its still stickied here 9 months after i started it as a christmas message. Never feel bad about asking for help.

Hey, what's up? Something getting you down? Feeling crap? Never feel bad about asking. I'm here for you any time, mate.
You're a kind person. I'll survive. I'm just run of the mill depressed. It's just disappointing when it happens again. Like I'm good for a bit and then realise it's back to this.

You're a kind person. I'll survive. I'm just run of the mill depressed. It's just disappointing when it happens again. Like I'm good for a bit and then realise it's back to this.
Yeah, depression can be like that. One thing I learned was that if you start coasting along, it can find its way back in. Complacency can get you. Got to keep looking for ways to alter the routine of life because depression looks for routine/sameness as a sign of pointlessness. Gotta stay one step ahead of that by planning some things to look forward to. Even just simple stuff like scheduling in a walk somewhere different for next week (Warrandyte is nice this time of year. ever go there?) Catch a movie the next week. Get out of the house as much as you can. Use your energy whenever it's there. That kind of stuff can keep you ahead of the game.

Thinking of you mate.

Oh, and Hello! ;)

Yeah, depression can be like that. One thing I learned was that if you start coasting along, it can find its way back in. Complacency can get you. Got to keep looking for ways to alter the routine of life because depression looks for routine/sameness as a sign of pointlessness. Gotta stay one step ahead of that by planning some things to look forward to. Even just simple stuff like scheduling in a walk somewhere different for next week (Warrandyte is nice this time of year. ever go there?) Catch a movie the next week. Get out of the house as much as you can. Use your energy whenever it's there. That kind of stuff can keep you ahead of the game.

Thinking of you mate.

Oh, and Hello! ;)
You are a good person Ando727

I have recently been diagnosed with depression. I would just like to say that depression for me is something I was born with and it is not something I have created by being a negative person. I think that is a common misconception people have about people with depression. I am dealing with my depression pretty well and I have tried to stay positive and many people close to me have said that I have become a positive and generally a great person to be around. I think when it comes down to it the most important thing when dealing with depression is having support from people around you and your loved ones, that is what has pulled me through...

That's kinda how I feel about it. Nothing in particular has brought it on. I've just felt this way for my adult life. I tried to explain this to the psych I was seeing. He told me otherwise and we tried CBT. I was doubtful but happy to go with it because 'he's the doctor.' Although many benefit from it, I found CBT to be an expensive, frustrating waste of time. Looking for a new doc now. This sucks.

That's kinda how I feel about it. Nothing in particular has brought it on. I've just felt this way for my adult life. I tried to explain this to the psych I was seeing. He told me otherwise and we tried CBT. I was doubtful but happy to go with it because 'he's the doctor.' Although many benefit from it, I found CBT to be an expensive, frustrating waste of time. Looking for a new doc now. This sucks.
have your tried ACT?

It really is heartening to see how many people are open to discussing their experiences and supporting others in this thread. I'm finding things particularly difficult atm but am well aware I'm not on my own, which is actually reassuring

have your tried ACT?

It really is heartening to see how many people are open to discussing their experiences and supporting others in this thread. I'm finding things particularly difficult atm but am well aware I'm not on my own, which is actually reassuring
What's going on, mate? Welcome to PM me anytime.

have your tried ACT?

I saw one of your posts that referenced ACT earlier and looked it up. Happy to roll the dice with it and see how it goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back