List Mgmt. DFA 2016: Period #3 opens 26/11 (Player List & Signings in OP)

Which DFA would you like most?

• Barlow (FRE)

Votes: 40 21.3%
  • Grigg (ADE)

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Henderson (ADE)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Dempsey (ESS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dea (ESS)

• Russell (GCS)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Grimes (MEL)

• Dawes (MEL)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • McKenzie (NM)

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Templeton (STK)

• Richards (SYD)

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • McInnes (WCE)

• Brown (WCE)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Litherland (HAW)

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • O'Shea (PA)

• Not Listed

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Barrett (GWS)

Votes: 37 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you believe Pies gave up pick 21ish for him 4 years ago?

Dees overpaid massively - this is where average players playing a role can look better than they actually are.

In 2016 Dawes' games were ineffective. Really declined. We already have enough struggling KPFs on the list - two will be playing their last year in 2017 already. That's enough.

Whether this is true or not, we've got no other basis for your information, given you haven't made any posts before today.

In addition, your tit-for-tat defence of every reply does zero for your cred either in a fast-moving thread. Earl was a delusional narcissist who seems to be hell bent on making a career out of sounding like he knows things, so best practice here might be to not repeat any of his mistakes.

Bit harsh

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope, mature age recruit Sydney drafted in 2012. Took him two years to debut.

Turns 27 during the 2017 season. Strongly doubt this rumour on that basis alone.

Thank you. Confused him for Nankervis, myself being a northern Tassie boy.

I liked what I saw of Towers albeit that was very little. Seemed to have very good pace; burst-like.

Thoughts re delisting a player or two with a view to add them as rookies?
If we keep two of Gallucci, Gowers & JGM, it will be a struggle.

Suspect we will attempt to re-rookie (in order of preference, and depending on injury status) Sheehan and DVR, with it being pretty likely we'll take a look at what's left over from the ND at #5 and weigh it up against DVR.

If we keep two of Gallucci, Gowers & JGM, it will be a struggle.

Suspect we will attempt to re-rookie (in order of preference, and depending on injury status) Sheehan and DVR, with it being pretty likely we'll take a look at what's left over from the ND at #5 and weigh it up against DVR.

I know there are different factors at play but I was thinking of DVR and Pickett earlier today - zero games in two seasons. one, taken early, has injuries as an excuse. The other, taken second round, looked ineffective (or really just a floater) in the 2's and no known injury issues. But same result. Are we being too harsh on DVR?

I know there are different factors at play but I was thinking of DVR and Pickett earlier today - zero games in two seasons. one, taken early, has injuries as an excuse. The other, taken second round, looked ineffective (or really just a floater) in the 2's and no known injury issues. But same result. Are we being too harsh on DVR?
He came to us with a genetic issue which can hamper his back. That could still be at play despite him working through that with physios pre and post draft.

Dont want any DFAs. I can understand why we got Dick, Gorringe and Wright, the latter of whom we struck gold with in relative terms, but I think we have moved past that stage of plugging holes in the list and are now developing it. Would much rather give DVR another year than get another VFL player from the Vinnies bin. And sift the draft with late picks to try and pluck a nugget from the dirt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With adding Palmer, who will help as an inside mid/forward pressure, I don't want anymore DFA over the age of 23. We have enough guys on the list now that has/will improve our bottom 6, game day.

Go to the draft and take at least 7 kids, as I believe we have more to delist
Good post. We have our list pluggers and a couple of cloggers. Don't need any more. We need talent.

Not sure if it's been discussed on this thread before, but Jake Barrett anyone?

I'd be keen if he was available to be picked up as a DFA.

Good post. We have our list pluggers and a couple of cloggers. Don't need any more. We need talent.

during the year i kept hearing trigg say we are taking the long term approach to building a list to ensure long term success. no quick fixes. surely that now means drafting kids. our age profile is still poor for a bottom side. we certainly aren't following the path of st kilda bulldogs & demons and im not sure why

during the year i kept hearing trigg say we are taking the long term approach to building a list to ensure long term success. no quick fixes. surely that now means drafting kids. our age profile is still poor for a bottom side. we certainly aren't following the path of st kilda bulldogs & demons and im not sure why

I hear you but it will revert end of season 2017 when Jones, Thomas and Casboult all finish up / move on. Probably Lamb too.

I think the core of our team bar Murphy and Gibbs is pretty young.

Like your post. We do need to clean up efficiency but we we seem to forget that any onballer under pressure looking up the field to that forward line is going to turn the ball over a lot more than one with multiple forward options. Our inside 50's count is actually comparable to good sides most weeks but it comes straight back out.
It's a good point, we're way too reliant on the bomb to Casboult. We need to start hitting up players on the lead, because we're not getting value for our forward entries. With Smedts, C.Curnow and Silvagni, we have the pieces to play that way. I'm hoping we play Casboult as a permanent CHF, hitting up the wings and staying as far away from goal-kicking as possible.

I hear you but it will revert end of season 2017 when Jones, Thomas and Casboult all finish up / move on. Probably Lamb too.

why wait and why waste time on dfa's and average footballers like palmer & smedts? all they do is take up spots and aren't any better tahn a heap of average players we already have. look how bad our reserves were this year. surely thats a sign we lack talent and depth.

why wait and why waste time on dfa's and average footballers like palmer & smedts? all they do is take up spots and aren't any better tahn a heap of average players we already have. look how bad our reserves were this year. surely thats a sign we lack talent and depth.

We're still very hung up on where a player was originally drafted...another 4 round# 1 draft picks brought in over the trade period.

Palmer & Smedts were both outside our preferred age demographic of 23 & under so DFA route may need to be avoided (Towers, Barlow etc) but next year we have some more experience dropping off with White, Armfield, Thomas + Rowe, Kreuzer, Gibbs as further possibilities.

I hope every player we take from now on is fast.

So very frustrating watching our guys chasing (an not catching) opposition players.
and the quickest of the lot plays so wide he's chasing leather whilst getting change from the donut van......

Back