Did Carlton made the right decision choosing Voss over Ross?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd rather Vossy - younger than Lyon and carrying less baggage - knows somethign about what it takes to actually win a flag if the side is good enough to contend. Everyone was laughing at crazy Vossy - when he stuck fat with his focus on team defense as the most important thing for Carlton to fix - but then again 'everyone' doesn't have much of a clue either.

You've still not watched any of our games this season huh.

It's very defensive minded to be sure, but to say we're slow and monotonous is hilarious.

There were times in the game yesterday where Carltons own fans were booing them for playing tiki-taka across half-back, with the game still in the balance.

And yet you think they made the right call choosing Voss. Ok then.

Boom!

The future can make fools of us all. Imagine, for example, if Voss wins a flag before Fly? Or Ross?

I wouldn't bet on it, but for fun, imagine if the future brings such a thing?

It could instigate a 2017ish Richmond derangement syndrome breakout, afflicting the national IQ more than smartphones.

It'll be fun watching it all unfold.

The future can make fools of us all. Imagine, for example, if Voss wins a flag before Fly? Or Ross?

I wouldn't bet on it, but for fun, imagine if the future brings such a thing?

It could instigate a 2017ish Richmond derangement syndrome breakout, afflicting the national IQ more than smartphones.

It'll be fun watching it all unfold.
I prefer them winning over any other Vic club.

Close to 30 years , long overdue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton supposedly didn't have much say in the matter, Ross knocked us back but thought the Saints list was more acceptable.

So the real question is how crap is Ross' list judgement if he actually rated the Saints over Carlton's list ,??? .......

Carlton supposedly didn't have much say in the matter, Ross knocked us back but thought the Saints list was more acceptable.

So the real question is how crap is Ross' list judgement if he actually rated the Saints over Carlton's list ,??? .......
Is that what happened? I thought he just couldn't be bothered going through a "process", wanted it handed to him on his record

Better question is should Carlton have got Kingsley when he was available two years ago?

What he’s doing is remarkable.

Vossy is getting plaudits for our recovery after playing like a bottom four side for two months mid season, and fair enough, but he was also the person coaching us during those truly horrible performances.

I like Voss as a person and as a leader but give me a time machine and Kingsley takes over from Teague.

Ross has done well to get a weaker list into the finals first year, he got results more quickly

But Voss now has his team humming

Worth revisiting in 12 months, right now it's Voss easily

Carlton have looked the best team in the competition for 2 months. And by some distance it should be said. They are now a genuine chance, not just a dark horse, of winning the flag this year. The fact they are even in this position is almost unfathomable.

Ross Lyon sides epitomise competitive medicority.

Never in contention, never rebuilding. Stuck in the middle on the road to nowhere.

Defense oriented. Rarely kick more than 10 goals in a game. Painful to watch.

I'd prefer Mick Malthouse.

Ross Lyon sides epitomise competitive medicority.

Never in contention, never rebuilding. Stuck in the middle on the road to nowhere.

Defense oriented. Rarely kick more than 10 goals in a game. Painful to watch.

I'd prefer Mick Malthouse.
Agree that they're not great to watch, but they are very often contending.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back