Do Freo now Tank>

Remove this Banner Ad

demon_fanatic

Premiership Player
May 8, 2006
bayswater
AFL Club
Melbourne
With North now unlikely to even get ahead of Freo on % or barely just.. Freo need to lose to dees to stay 8th and get the Derby final we all wanted.. otherwise a trip to MCG vs Cats awaits..... can't believe North have now put themselves up for a trip West with this showing.... Cats would of been tough anyway but you'd rather stay in Melbourne....

Dockers just thrashed North. Fair to say they would give themselves a decent chance against anyone in the bottom 4, regardless of venue.

I'm sure Freo have been watching the Dees' tanking antics during the Bailey era for hints and tips on how to successfully navigate tonight.

Tanks alot

With North now unlikely to even get ahead of Freo on % or barely just.. Freo need to lose to dees to stay 8th and get the Derby final we all wanted.. otherwise a trip to MCG vs Cats awaits..... can't believe North have now put themselves up for a trip West with this showing.... Cats would of been tough anyway but you'd rather stay in Melbourne....
You're assuming Collingwood will win, which they probably will, but it does place Freo in a tough spot. Go for % and 6th if Collingwood lose, narrow win or loss and go 8th, or more likely is something in between and finish 7th.

Who'd have thunk a Freo v Melb game would be this interesting?

No chance. Whilst I'd like a home final elim against eagles, we have beaten cats and norf as well and we now win most of the time in Melb. Form improving massively and forward line starting to fire - take best game in and don't let up - Sub Pav off if necessary late in game.

I'm sure Freo have been watching the Dees' tanking antics during the Bailey era

Not actually necessary, I'm afraid.

When you are a bottom four side and your coach is planning for the future, no one notices positional changes in the name of experimentation.

In the "Hasleby Game" of 1999, where Fremantle won a priority pick by coughing up a halftime lead to Geelong, even the Freo players were suspicious.

The Cats were down by nine points at halftime but Fremantle bled the last 11 goals, and Dockers midfielder Brodie Holland smelled a rat.

"I do remember sitting with (teammate) Jess Sinclair and talking about how it's the first time he's played back pocket and the first time I've played on the half-back flank," Holland later said. "There were a few funny moves. There's definitely been a few chats amongst the older boys, because we were curious."

http://www.news.com.au/how-to-tank-in-10-easy-steps/story-0-1225752922541

In that 1999 Kardinia Park game, a Fremantle team that had flooded heavily all year suddenly played one-on-one football.

"A lot of the boys were talking about a few of the moves," Docker Garth Taylor said. "The older players were having a conversation about it."

Boundary rider Richard Osborne noted "how refreshing in this day and age when coaches are just obsessed with flooding the backline, seeing Barry Stoneham one-out in the forward line".

http://www.news.com.au/how-to-tank-in-10-easy-steps/story-0-1225752922541

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance. Whilst I'd like a home final elim against eagles, we have beaten cats and norf as well and we now win most of the time in Melb. Form improving massively and forward line starting to fire - take best game in and don't let up - Sub Pav off if necessary late in game.

Haha Tiges and North...huge scalps

Anyway, there's no sane reason to think anything suss would actually happen here. Would f***ing love it if we somehow won this match, but, well... as so often this year, we're up against a far more experienced team, with a significant edge over us in terms of fitness - still plenty of catching up to do there - and we haven't won in Perth for EIGHT YEARS.

It'll take a miracle. Not that I haven't seen plenty of miracles before in football, of course.

North not disguising this tanking very well, obviously desperate to avoid Geelong next week. I wonder if the AFL will act or will it be swept under the carpet because they are ADs love child.

Freo can't finish higher than 7th, no matter what happens. They are currently 8 points behind Collingwood in 6th.

If they finish below North, and Collingwood lose, they'll be playing Collingwood week 1. I think they'd be happier to play Collingwood (in the scenario where Collingwood just lost to Essendon) than to play Geelong, who just beat Sydney. Regardless of other results, Freo are best off finishing 8th.

No I think trying to manipulate the result to get a neutral final would ultimately backfire anyway. We should go out there and aim to win by as wide a margin as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back