Do we need to become more like Freo???

Remove this Banner Ad

Does that tell,you something about Freo with their ex players wanting to coach elsewhere
Probably says more that they can't get a job at the Dockers so they drive down the road to the Dockers battling brother e.g. getting one of our past sacked coaches

Probably says more that they can't get a job at the Dockers so they drive down the road to the Dockers battling brother e.g. getting one of our past sacked coaches
Battling Bros ? how does it go 3 nil 3 nil 3 nil
no one said we'd havem

Last 7 years = Eagles finishing top 4 twice and 5th once and playing in a prelim and 2 semi finals.

Last 7 Years Freo finishing in 1 prelim, 1 GF, 1 semi final. Not much difference really.

Love the way Fremantle supporters are selective in quoting history.

But wait, we still have 3 premierships and Freo still have none.

Do dead cats bounce?

Your talking about the past.... Im more focused on the Future.

Hmm nope its exactly the same as finishing 13th. Its called not winning the flag.

Now Ross lyon is getting questioned about how many times he has finished second as a coach.
One Fremantle supporter today on the radio questioned whether his ruthless coaching would hurt the Dockers in the long run. Like he abandoned St Kilda she was concerned he would abandon Fremantle.

Well I will tell you this. Ross Lyon will be contracted to us until 2015. If he Does leave us, he wont Leave Freos list like the Saints have got now: Full of ageing players 30 years or older, plenty of guys 21 and under and very few decent players in that 24-29 year old range.

Go look at Freos current squad... By 2015, Mayne, Stephen Hill, Suban, Zac Clarke, Walters, De Boer, Clancee Pearce, Fyfe, Barlow, Silvagni will all be in that 24-26 year old gap.

Crozier, Sheridan, Sutcliffe, Neale, Simpson and Tanner Smith are still aged 22 and under. Freo should be fine.

^ need a spine though, Freomaniac. Plenty of good young smalls on your list, but your KPP stocks are very thin. I'm assuming you have intended on buying your key position players from other clubs, but you have had a hard time attracting guys like Clark, Franklin and Jesse White.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ need a spine though, Freomaniac. Plenty of good young smalls on your list, but your KPP stocks are very thin. I'm assuming you have intended on buying your key position players from other clubs, but you have had a hard time attracting guys like Clark, Franklin and Jesse White.

Well Freo have a decent midfield and that should count for something. Actually Freo do have a Spine but the problem is that its an ageing one.

As I said Im hoping Freo get Pods for 2 seasons then use that 1st round pick to get the best availablekey forward. Tanner Smith, who we got in last years draft, Im hoping will be ready to be in McPharlins spot in 2015. Dawson and Johnson are both 28/29 but I expect them to last another 2-3 years as well.

I rather use the draft than pay overs for an experienced player.

Well Freo have a decent midfield and that should count for something. Actually Freo do have a Spine but the problem is that its an ageing one.

As I said Im hoping Freo get Pods for 2 seasons then use that 1st round pick to get the best availablekey forward. Tanner Smith, who we got in last years draft, Im hoping will be ready to be in McPharlins spot in 2015. Dawson and Johnson are both 28/29 but I expect them to last another 2-3 years as well.

I rather use the draft than pay overs for an experienced player.
Yeah I never said your current spine is bad, just the one in the future you were referring to. I think you'll need to do what we did in 2006 and draft 3 or 4 talls, rather than pin your hopes on one pick, as they are often so hit or miss.

Still, freos list is in good nick, I was just pointing out the obvious gap

Mature age recruiting, that's where it's at little brothers.
The list at freo has a healthy mix of early draft picks, mature age recruits (mainly rookie listed)
And a couple of free agents thrown in for spice.

Its funny how no player ever wants to go to freo..Just proves everyone still thinks their club is a joke

Also comical how Freo supporters over rate their list. Probably the highest ratio of spuds ever to play in the GF..
But for me it was great watching their spuds embarrass themselves on GF day...hello Eddie Munster

Its funny how no player ever wants to go to freo..Just proves everyone still thinks their club is a joke

Also comical how Freo supporters over rate their list. Probably the highest ratio of spuds ever to play in the GF..
But for me it was great watching their spuds embarrass themselves on GF day...hello Eddie Munster
You think we overrate the players in a team that made the grand final huh... I would have thought that a team that was premiership favourite who actually finished 13th has overrated players.

And the only reason all these spuds want to go to west coast is they know they'll easily be best 22 in your list. Lol!

You think we overrate the players in a team that made the grand final huh... I would have thought that a team that was premiership favourite who actually finished 13th has overrated players.

And the only reason all these spuds want to go to west coast is they know they'll easily be best 22 in your list. Lol!

Wow that took balls.

Ok, I'll bite and make an observation from a footy follower of many moons.

The main thing that made the Eagles a powerhouse was their solid administration, that rolled into solid decisions in relation to on field matters. The administration in 2013 appears to now be in "cruise mode", not aggressive and pushing forward.

One way to look at is as follows :-

The Eagles jumped on the freeway and zoomed along at 80km's, then very quickly were at the head of the pack when the speed limit changed to 100 km's. The speed limit has now changed to 110 km's, the Eagles admin are still cruising at 100 km's.

From a seriously point of view, we can laugh all night about Freo's stuff ups over the years, but those stuff ups hit home and Freo did something about it ........... they aggressively went forward with a plan. The Harvey / Lyon matter was a sign that you sometimes have to cruel to be kind.

Put simply, the Eagles need to sharpen their sword, it's edge has become dull.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back