Strategy What to do with pick 1 now we’ve got it - Do We Need Reid or is it Curtins

Keep pick 1, or trade it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of all of these kents already.

Nothing would satisfy me more right now than drafting H.Reid and watch him kick a bag against the tin-rattlers.

And anyone else wanting to entertain splitting the pick in this massively compromised draft needs to give themselves an uppercut as well.

Or we take a speculative pick or two with mid range or latter picks, on tall's this year and next.

Take Reid with our first pick then with our next two picks take tall's players such as Riley Wetherall 195 KPF Vic Metro Eastern Rangers, or - ZZ Top 196 Claremont.

* Wetherall is a kid thats rising fast and I would not be at all surprised to see him go very early in the second round.

Late third rounders or rookie pick these names Coen Livingston 199 Perth, Evan Zmith 199 Swan Districts, Liam Fawcett 198 SA Central Districts but to name a few.

Secret to getting decent tall's at mid to very late picks, is ensuring that you take one or two every draft, the dark science of who will or won't make it, is even harder to predict with tall's as they develop so much latter and take so much more time.

Look for example of these players:

Our own
Gov Rookie pick Rookie Pick 74 2013.
Tommy B National Draft pick 43 2013.

Mitch Lewis Nation draft pick 76 2016.
Nick Larkey National Draft pick 73 2016.
Brody Mihocek Rookie draft pick 22 2016.

And two emerging young tall's.

Ollie Lord National Draft pick 49 2020...... this kids going to be very good.
Harrison Jones National Draft pick 30 2021.

Clubs need to punt on tall's with mid range and latter picks, you need to get them into the system as see how they progress.
Remember that most of these kid grow another 2- 3 cm after they have been drafted up till the age of 21/22.

It's why tall's and rucks, rarely get picked up with picks under 20, there is no linear development with them, is just so hit and miss.

Do I think Coen Livingston will make it ???? I have my doubts and think he is more likely a bust that a keeper, however he is exactly the sort of raw kid that we should take a punt on with latter / rookie more speculative picks.
Evan Smith is in a similar category for me just throwing a few names out there.
Should be bidding on McCormack too, he has talent just needs time. Attack on the ball when it’s in the air, his leap and marking at the highest point are all very good. Got enough pace on the lead and is reasonably agile. Efficient in front of goal and doesn’t need a heap of it to be effective.
Ticks a lot of boxes just needs 3-4 years of eating 24/7 and gym time.

I dare someone to call in trade radio and give them the most stupid question possible for a laugh. It's a tradition.

Anyone got any ideas for a really really dumb question. I'm going to call them sometime today.
I reckon I’d still find it hard to pick out. You could spend all day coming up with the dumbest sh*t and still not be the most idiotic bloke to call up today with a ridiculous comment (this includes hosts).

Hi Kane,

How many players do you think who have played 150 games for the Eagles, and haven't won a flag due to reasons other than injury or suspension?

3. Priddis, Ph. Matera, Rosa.

Sounds like a good club to go to, don't you think?

Eddie you have answered your own question regarding Kane Cornhole with the last three words of your post:

“don’t you think?”

He rarely does, he just regurgitates other peoples thoughts and passes them off as his own, he intellect and thought process is about as deep as puddle on a windscreen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Momentum building coasters. Picks 2 and 3 may be coming your way in a 3 way trade.

The afl assistance package for north that helps north, west coast and Gold Coast. Lol they always get what they want.

Seems everyone will be happy
About the only suggestion that's close to what WCE would be happy with and suits all parties.

8110z7.jpg

Momentum building coasters. Picks 2 and 3 may be coming your way in a 3 way trade.

The afl assistance package for north that helps north, west coast and Gold Coast. Lol they always get what they want.

Assuming North get 3 as compo for McKay

North give: 2, 19, F19, F20
North get: 1, 20

GC give: 5
GC get: 19, F19, F20, no bids on Walter with first three picks

Eagles give: 1, 20
Eagles get: 2, 5

North would be nuts to do that trade. You need KPs. With 2 and 3, you can get Mckercher and Curtin/Watson.

For us, I'd hope we go McKercher and Duursma.

Assuming North get 3 as compo for McKay

North give: 2, 19, F19, F20
North get: 1, 20

GC give: 5
GC get: 19, F19, F20, no bids on Walter with first three picks

Eagles give: 1, 20
Eagles get: 2, 5

Close and I guess that’s the fall back position, but I’m assuming pick 3 compo for McKay

Eagles get 2 and 3

North 1 and 5

Gold Coast pick 14, west coast second, and pick 19 and 20 in 2024 (both from north) plus 400 points saving on Walter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back