Certified Legendary Thread Do you stand up to wipe?

Do you stand up to wipe?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In Malaysia and Thailand (and presumably other countries as well) they use a spray hose.

Seems strange but once you get used to it, you wonder why Australia and similar countries are so primitive.

Really? Paper? You 'clean' your backsides with dry paper? Do you also hunt for food and club the animals to death?

In Malaysia and Thailand (and presumably other countries as well) they use a spray hose.

Seems strange but once you get used to it, you wonder why Australia and similar countries are so primitive.

Really? Paper? You 'clean' your backsides with dry paper? Do you also hunt for food and club the animals to death?
Is that like Japan where they have that thing beginning with b - I wanna say bidet - that actually sounds better than paper.

Also I cannot believe I haven't already posted in this thread. Stander here

Is that like Japan where they have that thing beginning with b - I wanna say bidet - that actually sounds better than paper.
My understanding is that in Japan, the spray is automated, as in, the spray mechanism remains stationary.

In Malaysia and Thailand (and presumably elsewhere in SEA) you manually use a moveable hose which typically has a trigger.

Hence the informal name 'bum gun'.

The hose sits there next to the toilet, usually in a small support thing attached to the wall.

My understanding is that in Japan, the spray is automated, as in, the spray mechanism remains stationary.

In Malaysia and Thailand (and presumably elsewhere in SEA) you manually use a moveable hose which typically has a trigger.

The hose sits there next to the toilet, usually in a small support thing attached to the wall.
That actually sounds way better than paper.

I fold too. Scrunchers are ******* monsters.

That actually sounds way better than paper.
It 100% is better than paper and I don't know how I'm going to readjust when I return to a barbarous place like Australia.

If you accidentally got wet dog s**t on your arm, would you wipe it off with paper, or wash it off with water?

Exactly.

But millions of Australians are walking around right now, sitting on chairs and bus seats and so forth, with asses 'cleaned' with paper.

It is almost like one gigantic practical joke.

96C17751-3E0A-4FBB-9327-E2EE48A35170.jpeg

Bum guns aren't all that.

You're certain to wet your butt cheeks so you'll be reaching for some toilet paper regardless.

It's also a little bit awkward - if you sit down to use it, you don't want to put the hose too close to the butthole because that feels off hygienically but you also don't want to reach too far into the bowl... because that also feels off hygienically.

On the other hand, if you stand up, it's hard to get the aim right and you might get some water on the ground and/or a very wet butt.

Bum guns aren't all that.

You're certain to wet your butt cheeks so you'll be reaching for some toilet paper regardless.

It's also a little bit awkward - if you sit down to use it, you don't want to put the hose too close to the butthole because that feels off hygienically but you also don't want to reach too far into the bowl... because that also feels off hygienically.

On the other hand, if you stand up, it's hard to get the aim right and you might get some water on the ground and/or a very wet butt.

Your technical expertise on the matter has been exemplary, while also avoiding any mention of the accompanying genitalia.

I fold 1000 toilet paper cranes for my bottom whilst sitting, like a normal person.

Biggest question is do you wipe front to back then back to front to finish off? There is always more if you reverse the wipe. THE RESULTS MAY SHOCK YOU!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fold 1000 toilet paper cranes for my bottom whilst sitting, like a normal person.

Biggest question is do you wipe front to back then back to front to finish off? There is always more if you reverse the wipe. THE RESULTS MAY SHOCK YOU!
1559528690278.png

I copped food poisoning in Jakarta, and was on the shitter about 15 times for the day. The only thing that got me through was the spray hose. Arse was raw AF but we got through.

Thailand has the lovely nozzle that cleaned like a machine! I miss those

I copped food poisoning in Jakarta, and was on the shitter about 15 times for the day. The only thing that got me through was the spray hose. Arse was raw AF but we got through.

It's times like those when the old Cod Liver Oil still comes in handy.

Hiking through Nepal the toilets were a no toilet paper deal (some squats others western) and there was a bucket of water next to the toilet you could use.

Probably the most disgusting concept I have seen and one in which I did not participate.

Back