Certified Legendary Thread Do you stand up to wipe?

Do you stand up to wipe?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So jelly. It's one thing we get badly wrong as a culture, water is way better than wiping!

The paper pulping industry would like a word with you.

Far more hygienic to have some butt-roll between our hands & our stains.

How else are we assured that no residuals remain?....Short of using our left-hand, ah-la the way the Arabs do.

I honestly don't get the stigma with it. Bought 2 for $40. Wonder how many ewww comments I'll get when I install the second one in the main toilet.

As a bidet aficionado, I'm hoping you can now resolve a question I've carried around for many years:

I was looking at houses to buy in ACT and we inspected one 40's bungalow style, 1 toilet only, off the main hallway in a dedicated small room. Larger bathroom off the same hallway with separate vanity/sink, shower, bath and no toilet. No ensuite. ie, as is typical for that age and that type of house.

These people though had fitted a bidet in the bathroom. I thought this setup was weird bordering on hilarious (as I visualised old mate, trousers down, dirty arsed shuffling his way down the hallway to the bathroom). But other people I've mentioned it too seem nonplussed. Surely the preferred configuration is lavatory and bidet in the same room? Am I right, was this weird or am I just a bidet numpty?

As a bidet aficionado, I'm hoping you can now resolve a question I've carried around for many years:

I was looking at houses to buy in ACT and we inspected one 40's bungalow style, 1 toilet only, off the main hallway in a dedicated small room. Larger bathroom off the same hallway with separate vanity/sink, shower, bath and no toilet. No ensuite. ie, as is typical for that age and that type of house.

These people though had fitted a bidet in the bathroom. I thought this setup was weird bordering on hilarious (as I visualised old mate, trousers down, dirty arsed shuffling his way down the hallway to the bathroom). But other people I've mentioned it too seem nonplussed. Surely the preferred configuration is lavatory and bidet in the same room? Am I right, was this weird or am I just a bidet numpty?
I wouldn't say I'm an aficionado just a fan. Not too sure about the separate units. I've only ever used the ones that are attached to an exsisting toilet.

Yeh i may get a bidet too.
I mean close your eyes and use toilet paper to clean a dinner plate with leftover gravy and see how clean it is versus using water and then wipe dry

Don't know that the contours & overall general topography of the butt-cheeks & crater hole combined, align themselves all that well with a dinner plate by comparison.....Not to mention the question of vision impairment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SiL has one,hers is not comfortable,its an after market seat attachment.
It pushes you forward as the mechanics are at the back.
She had it plumbed into her water inlet tap but needed a sparky to put a power point in.
Warm seats are a bit disconcerting too.

The types they have in Asia are good just a jet spray on a tap

Big Footy. Where the big issues in life are discussed.

Installed a bidet last night. ******* love em. Come at me curry.
Tell me more...I have been trying to get the wife on board this for years. What did you get?

Why use paper when you can use the three seashells
89xNY.jpg

Back