Review Dogs 118 Def Suns 56 - Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Give us ONE opinion of your own?

Just one on football, anything.

Not attempted sarcasm and pathetic point scoring that even the clique in here have laughed at you for.

Go on. Just one opinion that isnā€™t someoneā€™s elseā€™s

I don't see how those that bring out the 'Bevo is stubborn' / 'player x must have photos' lines add to any form of mature discussion. Nothing wrong to call those 'opinions' out.

Stewie Dew thinks we'll be very hard for anyone to stop. Always reassuring to hear an opposition coach say that whilst shaking his head and contemplating our midfield. This midfield we have is doing opposition coaches' heads in and adding a competitive tap ruckman at centre bounces to the mix is a planning nightmare for them. There are few answers.

Thanks to the 25 odd posters who have made mention of Dew's press conference..I just had a listen.

It's so refreshing hearing an opposition coach speak so highly of an opponent.

"They're the yard stick of the competition."
"They're gonna be hard to stop."
"We knew it was going to be tough."
"We were smashed. We were up against the ropes. They threw the first lunch and we couldn't match them."

Thanks to the 25 odd posters who have made mention of Dew's press conference..I just had a listen.

It's so refreshing hearing an opposition coach speak so highly of an opponent.

"They're the yard stick of the competition."
"They're gonna be hard to stop."
"We knew it was going to be tough."
"We were smashed. We were up against the ropes. They threw the first lunch and we couldn't match them."

Ooooo what did we serve up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They threw the first lunch and we couldn't match them."

Quite the praise from a bloke who would take down a buffet for an entree

Ooooo what did we serve up?
He mentioned Richmond deserve to be flag favourites but the Bulldogs aren't far behind and are really only a Lin Jong inclusion away from being well positioned to win three of the next four flags.

He mentioned Richmond deserve to be flag favourites but the Bulldogs aren't far behind and are really only a Lin Jong inclusion away from being well positioned to win three of the next four flags.

You missed my joke didnā€™t you ??

Read your post again šŸ˜‚

Was young really that bad yesterday? Admittedly I watched from home so donā€™t get the full picture but I thought he was serviceable, certainly not good, but this board is making out like he was horrendous.. was he really??

Some supporters on this board are extremely fickle, and others will defend another player they favour because its a hill they would die on, an honour thing.

Witness the treatment of Young this week, Gardner all last week (especially after the good performance of his replacement), or even Cordy.

The Cordy one leaves me bemused. He's a workhorse, in my opinion, and someone who I will forever be grateful to for kickstarting our GF performance in 2016, yet he now seems to be 'over the hill' according to many, and not worthy of future consideration. The various posts describing his worth - and Gardner - in less-than-favourable terms leave me dismayed. In fact, they are strongly reminiscent of the treatment afforded his brother Ayce.

My son is friends with Gardner, and I can tell you with certainty that some of the pathetic posts about his worth have severe repercussions for players' mental health.

Some posters should be ashamed of themselves.

Funny our backline is our 'weakness' but Keith, Williams, Dale would be in AA contention at this point. Early season yet obviously

I would like to add that it is worth noting the 'score against' column in the league ladder. If we have such a s**t backline, a glaring weakness, then why are the Dogs the best-performed in this area.

I could not give a fig whether players are likely to lose out in one-one contests. That's not how we play.

Good grief, some comments are moronic.

Some supporters on this board are extremely fickle, and others will defend another player they favour because its a hill they would die on, an honour thing.

Witness the treatment of Young this week, Gardner all last week (especially after the good performance of his replacement), or even Cordy.

The Cordy one leaves me bemused. He's a workhorse, in my opinion, and someone who I will forever be grateful to for kickstarting our GF performance in 2016, yet he now seems to be 'over the hill' according to many, and not worthy of future consideration. The various posts describing his worth - and Gardner - in less-than-favourable terms leave me dismayed. In fact, they are strongly reminiscent of the treatment afforded his brother Ayce.

My son is friends with Gardner, and I can tell you with certainty that some of the pathetic posts about his worth have severe repercussions for players' mental health.

Some posters should be ashamed of themselves.

I will never understand the hate Zaine gets

He has been plying in a backline of a very ordinary footy team for 4 years and apparently thatā€™s his fault

I personally think he and Gards are very similar in output. Young Iā€™m not sure about after yesterday but I canā€™t see how anyone thinks he is a long way in front of Zaine

Zaine is only 24 and as you said seems to be discounted for some reason.

I agree, he has been far better than I expected but when you expect nothing that isnā€™t hard. Donā€™t think he has been fantastic as some suggest but holding his spot easily which is a surprise obviously.

Still not sold on the backline as a whole and he is part of that. Have little faith in Caleb, Dale, Young and Gards to handle finals heat and pressure and our backline was average against the Eagles and horrible in the third today, as was everyone. When they get isolated their weaknesses stand out and that will happen in finals.

Dale played a good 6 game span a couple years ago so letā€™s see if he can outdo that before I say he is a ā€œrevelationā€.

He seemed to be playing out of the backline after the bounces today in the first. He was very high up the ground so not sure if that was his man or Bevs direction

Those purely trying to bait me donā€™t bother. You know who you are. Donā€™t ruin the thread with your cr@p baiting or tagging me. I have no problem being called out by anyone for things I get wrong. Just hit those that lie continually about things Iā€™ve never said. Again to in with who you are and I couldnā€™t care less what you think.

Go dogs
I think your comments about our backline are quite accurate. It is he most vulnerable aspect of our team and finals are won with a very good backline and ours is a work in progress. but remember 2016, the whole year was a work in progress. keep up the faith MD.

Reading between the lines of Bevos press conference, Iā€™d say he believes Sweet still has a far way to go with his around the ground work.
I agree. I think he is talented, but he did go missing at times. I was watching him and sometimes he appeared not to be in the right spot. I might be wrong, but it seemed like that to me. not enough ground coverage compared to mature rucks

I agree. I think he is talented, but he did go missing at times. I was watching him and sometimes he appeared not to be in the right spot. I might be wrong, but it seemed like that to me. not enough ground coverage compared to mature rucks

He stood still a lot and watched the play around him waiting for the perfect time to o in. Instead of enforcing himself on the contest as a guy his size should

Very raw but he did some ok things

Remove this Banner Ad

Back