Review Dogs 90 overcome a slow start to beat ASADA 49

Remove this Banner Ad

The development of Buku is one of the most wild decisions I’ve ever seen, he’s just not a forward/ruck, not even close. We have about 6 players in front of him and more coming this year - and we’re desperately crying out for an intercept marking 3rd/4th tall in defence. He’s 188cm and a twig ffs.

I just really don’t get this, I’m not saying he’s the answer in defence but he’s sure of s**t more likely to make a go of it there. The last two years has been a huge waste of his development, send him to the backline in the VFL ffs, I actually just cannot see any reasoning whatsoever to how we’re playing him? If someone has any idea whatsoever please enlighten me
He's not a forward ruck at this level. The problem for him is that I dont think he's a HBF at this level either.

I think he's the quintessential tweener stuck in football limbo. Not big enough, nor agile enough for the positions he's best suited to play. He's also a little too good for the VFL but is found wanting at the higher level.

That sucks for him.

VDM has that dog in him. So much better in the back half than forward.

Going to need to lift his disposal numbers as JJ is nearly ready.
I’d go JJ straight for Doc, VDM can do a job defensively I feel like you said he’s got a bit of campaigner in him. We need to stack the backline with pace to give this fwd line a chance - VDM, Red, Dale & JJ all in the back half, not losing much really

Weightman as well had a cracker and an underrated game imo. Took some great marks and is the best set shot in our team. He may not be the small forward we all hoped at the draft but he is a bloody good football player
Cody is great at ground level, he generally only flies because we sit it on his head. Think it’s well overplayed on here that he’s not a small forward tbh.

He’s an absolute superstar in the fwd line, on track for 35+ and he missed like 6-7 games from memory? If he played a full season he’d be looking at 46 goals. Massive return for a 21yo small forward.

I don't understand what Bevo was saying in his presser. He speaks a lot of words and communicates very poorly.
Did not get a good feeling from him at all. Seems to be more frustrated and unhappy than ever. The media is feeding it, flashing back to the Luke losing his temper in the coaches box whenever we had a blunder. At least 4 times I counted. Did not see Brad Scott once.

He might throw in the towel if we don’t make finals this year

Cody is great at ground level, he generally only flies because we sit it on his head. Think it’s well overplayed on here that he’s not a small forward tbh.

He’s an absolute superstar in the fwd line, on track for 35+ and he missed like 6-7 games from memory? If he played a full season he’d be looking at 46 goals. Massive return for a 21yo small forward.
He’s more of a hybrid small-medium forward than fitting in one of those categories. Almost works better for us

He's not a forward ruck at this level. The problem for him is that I dont think he's a HBF at this level either.

I think he's the quintessential tweener stuck in football limbo. Not big enough, nor agile enough for the positions he's best suited to play. He's also a little too good for the VFL but is found wanting at the higher level.

That sucks for him.
I think he’s the perfect size and athleticism level for a 3rd/4th defender role, not sure we can say he’s not good enough at this level when he hasn’t been given the chance there.

He’s definitely not a fwd/ruck though, he’s just not a tall at all - it’s very weird that the club thinks hes 195cm & 100kgs for some reason

He’s more of a hybrid small-medium forward than fitting in one of those categories. Almost works better for us
Yeah agree with that, I think it’s simply just that he’s a really good forward and shouldn’t be pigeonholed as a small forward because he’s a lot more than that, very well rounded player with no real weaknesses and extreme goal sense & finishing ability. He’s an absolute ripper - I’d go as far as saying he’s one of the top 5 talents on our list.

I have him in the same category as Marra, Naughty & Darcy - if you told me in 10 years that Cody had the best career out of the lot of them I wouldn’t at all be surprised

polar bear dance GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In what way? He was not good at all tonight, thought he was really poor, mostly aerially, which is a problem when your one Wood is supposed to be killing contests.

He was neat with ball in hand mostly though which is a nice surprise.

I know you love to be critical, but did you even watch the game? He saved us multiple times by killing the ball and was easily our best defender. Can’t find them anywhere online, but at the game when I caught them he was leading the spoils and had about 5 in the first quarter alone.

1 really poor kick and a couple of average ones, but it’s our own fault we’ve got a crap transition game that we even need to go through our key backs as much as we do

I know you love to be critical, but did you even watch the game? He saved us multiple times by killing the ball and was easily our best defender. Can’t find them anywhere online, but at the game when I caught them he was leading the spoils and had about 5 in the first quarter alone.

1 really poor kick and a couple of average ones, but it’s our own fault we’ve got a crap transition game that we even need to go through our key backs as much as we do
I’m more than happy to give Gards credit when he deserves it, he was really poor tonight - I honestly think the standard some people here hold him to is so crazy low that it’s almost impossible for him to play poorly at this rate.

He gets lost big time in transition, as I said I didn’t have a problem with him offensively today he did the job for the most part and cleared it which is what he has to do. Defensively he is a mile off it. Our best defender? Out of Keath and Bruce? Cool…

Did he even take a mark tonight? I’m sorry but if you can’t mark the footy you have to be an absolute lock defensively, and he’s bog avg.

I will agree that we don’t do him any favours and I’d be keen to see him in a solid defensive system and a team who doesn’t allow the oppposition to waltz it inside 50 unpressured before making a definitive call on him. But anyone who can say he played well tonight with a straight face is kidding themselves, this guy has the lowest bar set for him in the league, kinda jealous tbh

I’m more than happy to give Gards credit when he deserves it, he was really poor tonight - I honestly think the standard some people here hold him to is so crazy low that it’s almost impossible for him to play poorly at this rate.

He gets lost big time in transition, as I said I didn’t have a problem with him offensively today he did the job for the most part and cleared it which is what he has to do. Defensively he is a mile off it. Our best defender? Out of Keath and Bruce? Cool…

Did he even take a mark tonight? I’m sorry but if you can’t mark the footy you have to be an absolute lock defensively, and he’s bog avg.
He's a fourth choice key defender who was part of a unit that kept the opposition to 49 points, having to take the lead role in the defence with two other blokes who shouldn't be getting a game. Give him a break man, he did his job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back