Autopsy Dogs lack spark v Port Power, 55-42 loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes presenting stats for the sake of stats which you believe mean something is of no value to others.
Very true Glaeken Oracle, but the basic fact that the guy is very underdone and is a long way off his Richmond heroics from his
break out game as a forward cannot be overlooked. A lot has transpired since then in terms of injury and sometimes you need
to rebuild a young players confidence in his body. He has always played back let him get his feet back under him and his
confidence back.

I'm fine with backing Keith on Dixon as first option but at least have a backup. Trengrove and Keith down back would have been nice and Cordy playing forward, sick of seeing a young small forward trying to outmark 2 defenders.

We have one way of playing footy and nothing else. What a dream for opposition analysts.

We had Macrae rucking when English was off the ground. Plus there are plenty complaining we have no experience or onfield leadership. The recent scratch reports literally praise Trengove for organising the defence and team as a whole. He’s also one of the most popular players on our list. As I say he’s no world beater but he offers a lot of what people say we’re crying out for.
Why the focus on the Brisbane game, surely we should have been focusing on winning tonight.

So we change our backline structure so we can give English a chop out when he’s tired with the guy we bring in the play backline?

If we wanted to win tonight we don’t play Trengove as he didn’t have a match up, where we lacked a tall was up forward, play a Lewis young or a schache up there and then use Bruce as the chop out ruck against Westhoff

Our backline has probably been our best area of the ground the majority of this season I don’t see why we would tinker with it.

Not denying Trengove could add experience and leadership but do you drop keath or cordy for him? Who goes out of the team Daniel, Williams, crozier, JJ or Wood?

His spot in the team is for cordy or keath who in all honestly are better players than him

Ok, let's say there's a rip in the time space continuum and a new strain of coronavirus, COVID 20 causing madness, which sees you oddly as senior coach for the next 4 weeks.
What changes would you make (players, game style, anything you like) from the resources you have available?
When opponent has a monster forward play Trengove as the FB, Keath to be an intercept defended as he was with Crows. Lewis Young to be given a run in defence, not crucified and left out to dry as he was against Patton. Move Cordy, play him as a defensive forward; seemed to go ok in 2016.
A second tall in the forward line and Sweet given a go in the ruck. If he plays 50% game time then that can be covered by others in shortened quarters.

All irrelevant as none of the above matches the MC approach, they are waiting for the third man up rule to be reinstated.

Not going down the path of calling out individuals. Three things;

1) How can the forward line look like its 2014 all over again. How is that possible? Coach owns this one.
2) We cannot handle a dewy ball. Whether it’s marking or ground balls. Infuriating as you get nervous watching our players trying to execute the simple skill of taking possession.
3) Dunkley and Macrae in the ruck. Thought we‘d gone past that. Bewildering when you have able back up in Trenners sitting in the grandstand for most of the year.

Very true Glaeken Oracle, but the basic fact that the guy is very underdone and is a long way off his Richmond heroics from his
break out game as a forward cannot be overlooked. A lot has transpired since then in terms of injury and sometimes you need
to rebuild a young players confidence in his body. He has always played back let him get his feet back under him and his
confidence back.

Then why not say that in the first place, alongside the stats?! 😉

When opponent has a monster forward play Trengove as the FB, Keath to be an intercept defended as he was with Crows. Lewis Young to be given a run in defence, not crucified and left out to dry as he was against Patton. Move Cordy, play him as a defensive forward; seemed to go ok in 2016.
A second tall in the forward line and Sweet given a go in the ruck. If he plays 50% game time then that can be covered by others in shortened quarters.

All irrelevant as none of the above matches the MC approach, they are waiting for the third man up rule to be reinstated.

Who comes out for those 3 talls and how would we line up?

Tough going up forward, but Cody was barely sighted after the first goal. Laitham missing two shots by the same amount to the right was frustrating. We have to surely be the most inaccurate team in the AFL when it comes to kicking goals.

So we change our backline structure so we can give English a chop out when he’s tired with the guy we bring in the play backline?

If we wanted to win tonight we don’t play Trengove as he didn’t have a match up, where we lacked a tall was up forward, play a Lewis young or a schache up there and then use Bruce as the chop out ruck against Westhoff

Our backline has probably been our best area of the ground the majority of this season I don’t see why we would tinker with it.

Not denying Trengove could add experience and leadership but do you drop keath or cordy for him? Who goes out of the team Daniel, Williams, crozier, JJ or Wood?

His spot in the team is for cordy or keath who in all honestly are better players than him
Someone needs to chop out English, whether it’s a tall back or forward, unless you want to keep seeing Macrae in the ruck. Personally I think Trengove offers a case as a genuine best 22 player. Yes I would change the structure of our defence seeing as we’ve lost by some massive margins this year. Not all down to the defence but the fact we also lack leadership.
Cordy is a better forward than Lewis Young.
Are you that sure Keath and Cordy is much better then Keath and Trengove?

Tough going up forward, but Cody was barely sighted after the first goal. Laitham missing two shots by the same amount to the right was frustrating. We have to surely be the most inaccurate team in the AFL when it comes to kicking goals.
We take too many shots from a long way out and/or near the boundary line. It's been a recurring problem for us.

I get winning on the road is hard etc but that was a wasted opportunity. not everyone agrees but playing finals is so important to our development and I’ll be really disappointed if we don’t make it dropping games like that.

it’s been the same for years except a few spikes where we dominate play but just can’t score.

we got lucky with a few but no doubt some home town calls in the 2nd half, wonder if its a different result on a neutral venue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vandermeer didn't get a touch in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I want him in the team the remainder of the year so long as he doesn't become a huge liability, but unfortunately we are going to face extended periods of having complete passengers due to so many young kids playing big roles

Aaron Naughton:

Round 1: 2 x Disposals, 6 x AFL Fantasy points, 32 x Metres Gained.
Round 2: 10 x Disposals, 43 x AFL Fantasy Points, 137 x Metres Gained.
Round 3: 9 x Disposals, 39 x AFL Fantasy Points, 67 x Metres Gained.
Round 4: 4 x Disposals, 28 x AFL Fantasy Points, 45 x Metres Gained.

2 x Goals, 25 x Disposals, 10 x Marks, = Difference Maker
Just a tad unfair Yo-Jimbo.

He clearly wasn't match ready when we picked him in Rd 1 and maybe not even after the hiatus. In Rd 1 we had a world record lack of i50s so every one of our forwards was made to look like rubbish if you only look at their stats.

In Rd 4 we started to see the real Naughton moving around in the first quarter and taking marks like he did last year. It was exciting to see that he was finally back ... and then before the quarter was over he was injured and has missed the 6 games since.

I really don't mind if he plays back or forward. I argued for defence last year but he's a rare talent and it might be easier to cover that style of play in defence than to find a forward who can do what he does, so I'm happy to see how the continuing experiment with him as a forward turns out.

Anyway my fundamental disagreement with your cheeky comment is that he WILL make a difference wherever he plays.

Dale and Jong are big misses. Our forward line is a mess and constantly out-marked in the middle.

Gee I miss the old days us being a scrapper team keeping fans on the edge but at least you know you've given your all. Now we've lost our contest game, soft leadership, piss weak bullying on the weaker teams hoping things going in our way, just humiliating.

I am sick of the bullshit from people wanting potentially the best contested mark in the Comp back in defence. All the nuffies that want him in defence, you really have no footy logic of the importance of a vocal point.

Hasn’t Jeremy McGovern been the best contested mark in the comp for the last five years?

Dale and Jong are big misses. Our forward line is a mess and constantly out-marked in the middle.

Gee I miss the old days us being a scrapper team keeping fans on the edge but at least you know you've given your all. Now we've lost our contest game, soft leadership, piss weak bullying on the weaker teams hoping things going in our way, just humiliating.
Jong has been a big loss.

If Dale and Jong is the answer then we are screwed.

Some simple things.
-play a 2nd tall if u plan to bomb the ball into the fwd line all night and don't bitch and moan when an out of form fwd can't mark against 2 or 3 backs every time he flies
-any chance of giving the youngest no 1 ruck in the league a chop out? Play lewis young or trengove and solve this problem and problem above.
-play and drop players on form. If a player has a shocker, he deserves to be dropped and give someone else a chance. Gave gowers 2 weeks looked how that turned out. Jj on tonight needs a spell. If he's not a sook he'll go back, be BOG in the 2s and demand selection.
- pls, just pls employ a goal kicking coach. Must be at least 7 years we have all been bitching and moaning about it.
-recruit an indigenous small fwd who has some fwd smarts and is dangerous around fwd packs. We've had no one for as long as I can remember in that role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back