Review Dogs smash Eagles by 101 points

Remove this Banner Ad

West was right to mark in front of McNeil. McNeil should have called him back and blocked his opponent to protect West's space coming back. I think that's why you saw West give him a bit of a dirty after he marked it.
Watched the first half last night and I think that ball was actually intended for West even. If you watch the kickers (Duryea?) eyes he sees West floating into that space and pops it over to him. McNeil just read it off the boot and went to mark as well. Wouldn't be shocked if West was actually called in and that's why he turned to look at McNeil as to say "listen to the call"

Glad to see West stringing along some good games. He may have been forced to bide his time in the 2s a bit too long but he hadn't shown enough before that with his opportunities, especially his lack of discipline. He is clearly ahead of VDM though even when Vanders is healthy.

R. Smith, McNeil, Scott, McComb were so poor on that wing in our three game spurt against Adelaide, Essendon (despite the win) and Port to that something clearly had to change. Williams was basically one of very few options we had with Hunter out and JJ/Wallis injured. It was either that, play Crozier there, move up Dale/Daniel to the wing or push inside mids like Bont, Treloar and Smith to the wing. I'm glad we found something that works but suggesting we had to make a change is a pretty obvious look at our weaknesses in losses and the other options were moving away our best players from their strongest positions, which Bevo didn't seem to like.

Last edited:
Rhylee would have his sights set firmly on Scott's 7 CSMs, as well as the old man's near miss in the Brownlow.

Forward to 2025 Brownlow medal count, and AFL CEO Jordan Roughead steps up to announce:
"I have the great pleasure to announce the joint winners of the 2025 Brownlow Medal - Rhylee West and Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, both of the Western Bulldogs."

Cue commentator - "first time two players from the same team have shared the game's highest individual honour, with Jordon Sweet unlucky to finish in second place, his unlucky suspension during the year for putting his foot out while taking a mark and accidentally kicking Toby Greene in the face in game at Marvel, and then in the subsequent confusion of that contest falling on top of Greene and accidentally putting his elbow through Greene's face costing him his second successive Brownlow."

Rhylee would have his sights set firmly on Scott's 7 CSMs, as well as the old man's near miss in the Brownlow.

Forward to 2025 Brownlow medal count, and AFL CEO Jordan Roughead steps up to announce:
"I have the great pleasure to announce the joint winners of the 2025 Brownlow Medal - Rhylee West and Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, both of the Western Bulldogs."

Cue commentator - "first time two players from the same team have shared the game's highest individual honour, with Jordon Sweet unlucky to finish in second place, his unlucky suspension during the year for putting his foot out while taking a mark and accidentally kicking Toby Greene in the face in game at Marvel, and then in the subsequent confusion of that contest falling on top of Greene and accidentally putting his elbow through Greene's face costing him his second successive Brownlow."
You’re on a roll today, f73 😉

To be honest I will be shocked if Toby Greene is still playing by 2025...far more likely to be in the big house for king hitting an umpire.

Actually you know what, I'm not sure about that.

I'm toying with the idea of The Bont taking that left wing spot and Bontifying it. Better mark and marking option, better decision maker, better kick, def better going I50 and can kick a goal from outside 50 off either foot, big tank, close to the action but just a handball or short kick outside the melee to make the most of that vision and field kicking.

Less likely to have to take set shots in that role too (let's face it, as close to a deity as a mortal can be, he's a shite set shot)
I will let Bevo know, but he may have read this post already. :cool:

Keath unbelievably stiff to miss out on a GOTY nomination, particularly given 2 of the nominees got lucky as they weren't even having a shot at goal..

Or Bont missing out on GOTY to a bloke kicking a sandbag towards goal after getting chased by slowpokes when he got the ball out of the flood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know mate I’m not a stats expert it’s the ranking on the AFL website not my own personal opinion. but whatever its one game and all three played well but none of them are gauranteed weekly selections so we will see what pans out. I just make the point that the two macs were in this forums firing line a couple of weeks back and IMO last night played as good as west
The AFL fantasy points system is based on cumulative football acts, mostly about disposals. There aren't many analysts who place high value in them, because they don't consider whether the disposals were effective or not being the main reason. Sadly, many sports journalists rely on them when describing who was best in a match which reflect poorly on their level of analysis, but it happens all too often that the newspaper "best players" are a straight match for the players with the most disposals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back