Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder sentencing...

Athiests are some hard core mofos, the scariest fate is an eternity of nothingness. I believe in a God but not in the religions, I believe there is an afterlife or at least reincarnation and don't worry, you won't be doomed for eternity if you don't believe a few fairytales on this green Earth. :p
I've never had an issue with people believing in god. I understand for many it gives them a sense of security or spirituality or understanding etc. The belief in a god does no one any harm.
Religion is what bothers me.

I've never had an issue with people believing in god. I understand for many it gives them a sense of security or spirituality or understanding etc. The belief in a god does no one any harm.
Religion is what bothers me.
The religion is fine actually, I’m with you it’s no bother.

But it’s not the religion, it’s the people’s use of religion.
That’s the part that can be bad.

The worlds religions all talk about loving and kindness, those sorts of things.

Then people use words of religion in a way to advance themselves.

Just turned the footy on during a break and Foxtel's showing a replay of the 2001 GF. Geez that Lion's side was a beauty!
Best side I've seen I reckon. Champs on every line and coached by the best in the business.

Just turned the footy on during a break and Foxtel's showing a replay of the 2001 GF. Geez that Lion's side was a beauty!
Best side I've seen I reckon. Champs on every line and coached by the best in the business.
Leigh Matthews just a football genius.

6 players from those two 2001 teams went on to become senior coaches; C.Scott, B. Scott, Hardwick, Hird, Leppitch and Voss. Remarkable.

Interesting isn't it.
Once upon a time he was bobbing up left right and center. Talking to all the prophets, sending down commandments, creating floods, changing his mind every couple of centuries and deciding to write new books.
Past 1500 years he has decided to exercise his right to remain silent.

Interesting isn't it.
Once upon a time he was bobbing up left right and center. Talking to all the prophets, sending down commandments, creating floods, changing his mind every couple of centuries and deciding to write new books.
Past 1500 years he has decided to exercise his right to remain silent.
Religion/Gods are where logic goes to die

Religion/Gods are where logic goes to die
Recently I was having a discussion about religion with one of my employees.
I sat him down and explained and illustrated the process of logical and scientific thinking.
Showed him how we can use premises to come to logical conclusions etc and how none of the things he was stating actually proved the existence of a god.
As always the outcome was the same.

It's called "blind" faith for a reason.

Recently I was having a discussion about religion with one of my employees.
I sat him down and explained and illustrated the process of logical and scientific thinking.
Showed him how we can use premises to come to logical conclusions etc and how none of the things he was stating actually proved the existence of a god.
As always the outcome was the same.

It's called "blind" faith for a reason.
IMV, the belief in Fables, Fairy Stories, and Wizards that live in the sky, is an inherant character flaw in the individual (or group)
Of course it then opens up the issue of what other nonsense/conspiracy theories might the individual or group believe if they are prepared to believe such things as talking snakes, or a virgin birth, or that a 500 year old man built a boat big enough to carry two of every species in the world to save them from a flood (all of which were stolen from much earlier religions).

Thinking people who were told those things outside of the confines of religion would rightly call them 'bullshit'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read Leviticus lately?

There’s a heap of crazy death and punishment s**t in there, same as for the jihadists interpretation of the Qu’ran. The New Testament is the mellow, life affirming stuff.

“Love one another as I have loved you”

“Let he who is without sin be the first to cast the stone”

Etc. But yes unfortunately there’s plenty to appease those at either end of the zealot spectrum, and religious texts can be used to justify anything and everything.

Read Leviticus lately?

There’s a heap of crazy death and punishment s**t in there, same as for the jihadists interpretation of the Qu’ran. The New Testament is the mellow, life affirming stuff.

“Love one another as I have loved you”

“Let he who is without sin be the first to cast the stone”

Etc. But yes unfortunately there’s plenty to appease those at either end of the zealot spectrum, and religious texts can be used to justify anything and everything.
Or even the issue of abortion which the religious right so readily say is against the teaching of the Bible, yet they readily ignore "Numbers 5-11" which says it is ok for a husband to cause his wife to have an abortion if she has been unfaithful.

Best Team i have seen they where talented tough and brutal and we gave them Mal Michael.

Mick Malthouse is doing the saturday morning sports panel on ABC radio in perth today. I went for a quick drive down the street and on the way back, he was answering a question about what was the best team during his time in footy.

Not surprisingly, he dismissed the hawks of the 2013-2015 (or whatever it was) as he said the opposition wasnt much and the hawks were advantaged by other teams not having access to high end talent during the gws/gold coast start up. I didnt hear this theory in total, but I dont think I would understand it if i did....anyway the hawks were just a good side.. clarko was just lucky that the draft helped him.

brisbane were the best .... and he reminded the listeners that his side of 2002 came up against the best team of the last century and almost won. The panel asked him how matthews kept the side up for 3 years and he basically said that any old coach could do it because they were so talented.

If this all sounds like a repeat of other malthouse stories ....welcome to the nuthouse..

He did speak about his beloved eagles in 92/94 but didnt say a word about them being a state team.

To be fair, Malthouse is well respected in Perth and there's good reason. Before malthouse, the eagles comprised a number of factions. John Todd was a very similar coach to malthouse but he got no support from the upmarket side of town. They needed discipline and malthouse enforced loyalty to himself over and above any of their past loyalties. He constructed the fortress mentality to keep the media out and the rest is history.

The return journey in the car last about 3 minutes. I turned the car off in the driveway and went inside to have breakfast. I had no regrets missing out on the rest of malthouse's stint on the radio because i've heard it all before.

The religion is fine actually, I’m with you it’s no bother.

Plenty of great stuff in the old books. Many of the teachings of Christ are beautiful.

But they talk about a lot of crap too, Saintly. Wallpapering over bad ideas because they are inconvenient just allows them to be perpetuated.

The Koran teaches husbands when to hit their wives.

The Old Testament of the Bible sets out rules for slave ownership.

God wiped out almost every living creature on Earth in a fit of rage.

Not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back