List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any of our academy kids were meant to be high picks though. probably not a huge surprise. Sonsie seems to have the odd meh game. Callaghan sounds like he's the opposite though, you don't hear about many low output games.
I want this kid but there’s still a lot of football to be played before the draft hopefully he makes it to us.

My son has a former team mate playing for Nth Ade in SANFL,and he rates a lad from their U/18 team very highly.
Midfielder called Hugh Jackson averaging 34 Disposals from his 11 games.
Does appear to have a bit of X Factor about him 😉

KmlYyeD.jpg

Some scouting notes from Jackson round one and 2 games. I'm calling him as my boy early.

#12 Hugh Jackson

Isaac Keeler booted five and Harvey Harrison was terrific, but it was the work of Crystal Brook midfielder, Jackson which took centre-stage for the Roosters. Spending all game in the midfield, Jackson was everywhere from start to finish, accumulating the ball at will and combining with the likes of Harrison, James White, Zyton Santillo and Max Blacker to completely dominate the midfield battle. Not only did he find the ball at will, Jackson used it to perfection by hand and foot. Exceptionally clean below his knees, his kicking was a real treat to watch at times. For a tough inside-leaning midfielder, his ability to spot up targets over short and long range and execute both in-tight and in space made it easy for the Roosters forwards to capitalise upon. He switched the play efficiently, hit multiple targets inside 50 and, crucially, looked to spot up teammates out of stoppages where others would have blasted away. He was equally as creative by hand too, consistently hitting targets with crafty handballs, especially at stoppages. Instead of completing simple one-metre handballs in congestion to a teammate under pressure, Jackson evidently looked to pass it to players with some space, a skill which has been mastered by some the best inside midfielders in the game. Jackson was sensational for the Roosters, finishing with 37 disposals, six marks, three tackles, seven clearances and a goal.

#12 Hugh Jackson

Jackson has stated the season in dominant fashion and would have to be one of the early favourites to take out the McCallum-Tomkins Medal (SANFL Under 18 best and fairest), after a strong showing against the Panthers. His hands in traffic, on both sides of his body, were not only lightening fast, but they always found their target. Playing as an inside midfielder, Jackson won a lot of his possessions in congestion but, impressively, was still able to hit his targets by foot.

However, like many of his North Adelaide teammates, Jackson has the ability to spread well from the stoppages and get involved in general play, which allows him to best exploit his clean skillset. His running patterns allowed him to get on the end of handball chains and be the one to deliver the ball inside-50. The teenager, from Crystal Brook in the heartland of the Roosters country zone, drew teammates towards him with his kicking and was able to slice through tricky gaps in the play.

He did all the defensive stuff too, laying a game-high ten tackles. He was caught holding the ball a couple of times, however the smooth-mover again looked in complete control, finishing the clash with 33 disposals, five marks, five clearances, five inside 50s. He was unlucky to have a snap at goal hit the post in the fourth quarter too.

mate. After doing some research. I’m on the bandwagon.

Attachments

• 0E36CD51-05F2-47F9-92A2-A783A42CC221.png
    0E36CD51-05F2-47F9-92A2-A783A42CC221.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 66
Draft Central notes on Max Heath and one of our academy kids Josiah Kyle from last weekends games.

#61 Max Heath

The newest acquisition to the St Kilda Football Club, Heath was an imposing force around the ground with his trademark bash and crash style on show – not just in the ruck, but also up forward where he would lay multiple bone crunching tackles. Heath relishes on the tackling side of football, which showed with his five tackles and every one of them certainly left his opponent worse for ware. Heath’s ruck work was also good, forming a great partnership with his on-ballers – especially Finn Callaghan who was fed some quality taps from Heath. The AFL-listed bigman finished the game with seven disposals, five tackles and 21 hit-outs in a typical Heath display.

#2 Josiah Kyle

Possessing high level footy smarts, incredibly clean hands and a great goal sense, Kyle feasted on the Stingrays’ dominance going forward to slot 3.1 from limited touches roaming deep inside 50. He was a worry for the opposition, and still provided that defensive pressure required of him, providing a contest in the air or at ground level. His first goal came with a great run and mark heading with the flight towards goal. He missed his second set shot from straight in front in the second term, then snuck out the back of a contest, to use one mitt to win the ball at speed and kick with the outside of the boot for a goal. More impressively, his second term run-down tackle forced a turnover and goal for the Stingrays. He nailed his third goal in the third term from a mark and set shot.

Draft Central notes on Max Heath and one of our academy kids Josiah Kyle from last weekends games.

#61 Max Heath

The newest acquisition to the St Kilda Football Club, Heath was an imposing force around the ground with his trademark bash and crash style on show – not just in the ruck, but also up forward where he would lay multiple bone crunching tackles. Heath relishes on the tackling side of football, which showed with his five tackles and every one of them certainly left his opponent worse for ware. Heath’s ruck work was also good, forming a great partnership with his on-ballers – especially Finn Callaghan who was fed some quality taps from Heath. The AFL-listed bigman finished the game with seven disposals, five tackles and 21 hit-outs in a typical Heath display.

#2 Josiah Kyle

Possessing high level footy smarts, incredibly clean hands and a great goal sense, Kyle feasted on the Stingrays’ dominance going forward to slot 3.1 from limited touches roaming deep inside 50. He was a worry for the opposition, and still provided that defensive pressure required of him, providing a contest in the air or at ground level. His first goal came with a great run and mark heading with the flight towards goal. He missed his second set shot from straight in front in the second term, then snuck out the back of a contest, to use one mitt to win the ball at speed and kick with the outside of the boot for a goal. More impressively, his second term run-down tackle forced a turnover and goal for the Stingrays. He nailed his third goal in the third term from a mark and set shot.

Maher and Trudgeon were unlucky not to get a go in the MSD.

GWS look like they have another round of decent academy picks again. They seem to have a couple of elite ones every year.

#61 Max Heath

#2 Josiah Kyle

that doesn't sound too bad.

Heath seems like a Mumford type with the way he goes about it.

I'd like to see him getting a bit more footy than that though.

Yeah, his output numbers seem a bit low but like the sound of his attitude.

Heath seems like a Mumford type with the way he goes about it.

I'd like to see him getting a bit more footy than that though.
Yeah - not sure if that's the way to go. I would have preferred a more mobile athletic type.

That said a few more will go ape tonight if Sampson Ryan does anything good at all this evening.

If he takes a mark he'll become just another one to add to the list of "shouda's" that we could have taken instead of Allison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah - not sure if that's the way to go. I would have preferred a more mobile athletic type.

That said a few more will go ape tonight if Sampson Ryan does anything good at all this evening.

If he takes a mark he'll become just another one to add to the list of "shouda's" that we could have taken instead of Allison.

Honestly Poulter was the one he'll always be measured against. He was a bolter and had exposed form. Looked exactly what we would want from the draft as well, already looks a player.

Honestly Poulter was the one he'll always be measured against. He was a bolter and had exposed form. Looked exactly what we would want from the draft as well, already looks a player.

Poulter reminds me on Dmac in his 1st season… except with a sh1thouse mullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From all reports and from vision I’ve seen Heath is actually fairly athletic. Just loves the hard stuff which is good. The issue with Heath would be more ability and footy IQ. But he hasn’t played a lot of footy in the last few years so he has plenty of time to develop.

Also, would you take someone like Sean Darcy? Cos imo he’s not athletic, but he could easily be the best ruck in the comp in a few years time.

From all reports and from vision I’ve seen Heath is actually fairly athletic. Just loves the hard stuff which is good. The issue with Heath would be more ability and footy IQ. But he hasn’t played a lot of footy in the last few years so he has plenty of time to develop.

Also, would you take someone like Sean Darcy? Cos imo he’s not athletic, but he could easily be the best ruck in the comp in a few years time.
Hope this is the case - I guess I've been spoilt by what Ryder has brought to the team.

Only one looks great and one was major stress headache when ever he got the ball.

● Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Kicks Per Game ● Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Disposals Per Game
● Ranked 1st among rising stars in Marks Per Game ● Ranked 7th among rising stars in Supercoach Score Per Game
● Ranked 2nd among rising stars in AFL Fantasy Score Per Game ● Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Uncontested Possessions Per Game
● Ranked 4th among rising stars in Effective Disposals Per Game ● Ranked 7th among rising stars in Time On Ground % Per Game
● Ranked 1st among rising stars in Metres Gained Per Game ● Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Turnovers Per Game

Not sure he would have ever been in the picture or an obvious selection like Poulter was at that pick but he looks a good selection from Richmond.

I'm not too fussed what type of ruckman we end up with as long as they are quality. Doubt we'll be upset he's not athletic if he ends up as good as Mumford.

It's probably a bit hard to be picky about him when we got in in the MSD

Wait, his "typical display" in the NAB league is 7 touches?

Yeah he's not someone who touches the ball heaps but sounds like he is quite defensive and physical. At that age you're just hoping that he comes on over a few years.

Only one looks great and one was major stress headache when ever he got the ball.

● Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Kicks Per Game ● Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Disposals Per Game
● Ranked 1st among rising stars in Marks Per Game ● Ranked 7th among rising stars in Supercoach Score Per Game
● Ranked 2nd among rising stars in AFL Fantasy Score Per Game ● Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Uncontested Possessions Per Game
● Ranked 4th among rising stars in Effective Disposals Per Game ● Ranked 7th among rising stars in Time On Ground % Per Game
● Ranked 1st among rising stars in Metres Gained Per Game ● Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Turnovers Per Game

Dmac actually looked really promising in his handful of games in year 1. Then he got crook & his development stalled.

My comment was a little tongue in cheek but when I've seen Poulter he's been ok without really making me go wow.

Mate I reckon if he were wearing a Saints guernsey we'd all be a little excited about him.

Just like Pies fans have the right to be.

For the record, D Mac has not once in his 7 years been able to average the amount of footy Poulter currently does in his first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back