Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep LDU falling further from our grasp. Anyone of those guys if be more than happy with. Not shocked we would be keen on Balta, i still prefer him up forward though.
balta is the wildcard
athletically off the charts
what is his afl position?

Any small defenders you like Cal? foj1?
Ethan Floyd and Matthew Ling are both attacking small backs with speed and carry
Ben Paton from Murray
Mitch podhajski from Calder is not small but tests quick and can play small
Angus Styles from sandy can play small defender
Lachlan Murphy in SA and Brett Bewley are two older players who may be worth looking at.
I reckon podhajski is best lock down but ling, Floyd and Paton give heaps more drive.

I'm warming to Paddy Dow big time, he has so many traits that our midfield lacks.
Geez it took you a while to get on the Paddy wagon!
Reckon I mentioned him to you early in the year and you weren't as convinced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez it took you a while to get on the Paddy wagon!
Reckon I mentioned him to you early in the year and you weren't as convinced.
It has indeed, but his ability forward of centre has completely sold me now. He's exactly what we need to add to our midfield, and I believe his type are quite rare to come by. Moved ahead of Worpel as my favourite in this draft.

Interesting reading some power rankings this year. KM doesn't have Dow in his top 20 whilst he barely snuck into Bishops at 17.
He is massively underrated but he won't be for long, already in the bests for the first game, how you perform in the Championships usually effects your draft position. McGrath and Taranto both had very good showings last year and that's what got them noticed, both where considered in the 15-25 range at this time of the year last year

Interesting reading some power rankings this year. KM doesn't have Dow in his top 20 whilst he barely snuck into Bishops at 17.
Knight mare does not watch school footy too much and he has stated that has barely seen Dow play. I like knightmares work but he compared ldu to Barlow which is interesting.I will always give you my opinion not anyone else's. bishop will bring Dow down shortly I reckon.

There is a couple of kids that knight are hasn't mentioned yet who are also top 25 easy for mine. Will Sutherland is the easy one and the other I will keep under wraps for now.

There is a couple of kids that knight are hasn't mentioned yet who are also top 25 easy for mine. Will Sutherland is the easy one and the other I will keep under wraps for now.
Until i see Sutherland play i canr rate him same goes for Allen for WA, im sure once i do those guys will be top 30, like what i hear about them both same for Murphy. Also i have updated the OP to include your current top 20, next time you want to update just let me know

Last edited:
Knight mare does not watch school footy too much and he has stated that has barely seen Dow play. I like knightmares work but he compared ldu to Barlow which is interesting.I will always give you my opinion not anyone else's. bishop will bring Dow down shortly I reckon.
I'm not big on comparisons, and that is a very strange one indeed.

Just passing by here - Speaking with clubs they hold Dow in the same Top 10 category Foj/DPS has. BUT - I've only seen Dow play one school game this year and he was alright, travelling down to Geelong isn't my cup of tea to see him - hence why #17! Impressive in the AFL Academy game nevertheless. Probably comes up from 17 - but can't move someone until I see him in the champs.

KM hasn't seen a school game in the last few years, whereas I've seen about 10 already this year ;)

Just passing by here - Speaking with clubs they hold Dow in the same Top 10 category Foj/DPS has. BUT - I've only seen Dow play one school game this year and he was alright, travelling down to Geelong isn't my cup of tea to see him - hence why #17! Impressive in the AFL Academy game nevertheless. Probably comes up from 17 - but can't move someone until I see him in the champs.

KM hasn't seen a school game in the last few years, whereas I've seen about 10 already this year ;)
Can only go off the games you see mate so it's fair enough you have him at that stage, you have seen Sutherland play and I havnt so I can't really put him in my list because I havnt seen him play simple as that. Really hope he plays for Metro in Round 3 because I'll be at that game against Country

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back