Multiplat Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Remove this Banner Ad

How lost am I going to be if I buy this when I haven't played the previous 2?

The events from the previous games make a difference to the world but it isn't a direct sequel in the fact that you make a new character and stuff. I'd say you could pick this one up as an entry, things may be a tad confusing though.

Just doing the Dragonagekeep thing. Assume though when you load up DA:I you'll have to option not to import it and do a canon background?

edit: actually, stuff whatever canon is. I like my own world better >=D

Chose whatever options you make. I'm guessing it'll just randomise if you don't go to the keep. Or just default to never doing anything or meeting anyone.

Chose whatever options you make. I'm guessing it'll just randomise if you don't go to the keep. Or just default to never doing anything or meeting anyone.

Actually, Bioware have their own canon.

First game was Female Elf Warrior
Second Male Mage

I can't say much more than that, and even then I feel like I'm saying too much.

I went through origins with a fine tooth comb setting it up just how I liked since I played it through a few times and know it better. Awakening and 2 I only ever played once when they first were released and hardly remember so I just left them to default. Hopefully Inquisition doesn't touch on them much :D

I went through origins with a fine tooth comb setting it up just how I liked since I played it through a few times and know it better. Awakening and 2 I only ever played once when they first were released and hardly remember so I just left them to default. Hopefully Inquisition doesn't touch on them much :D

I think it will touch on 2 the most, with Varric as a playable character and IIRC takes part right after the mage bomb.

Can't wait, first game in ages I'm picking up day one. I'm really hoping they have a lot of Dalish content and world destroying main bad guy as the second really dropped off after the Arishok went out of it.

I think it will touch on 2 the most, with Varric as a playable character and IIRC takes part right after the mage bomb.

Can't wait, first game in ages I'm picking up day one. I'm really hoping they have a lot of Dalish content and world destroying main bad guy as the second really dropped off after the Arishok went out of it.

2 Years difference. There's been a few goings on since that have been covered in the books Asunder and The Masked Empire

2 Years difference. There's been a few goings on since that have been covered in the books Asunder and The Masked Empire

How well written and worthwhile are the books? I haven't picked up a video game book since Richard Knaak's Warcraft books and I'm currently swimming in a backlog of Peter Hamilton and Alastair Reynolds sci-fi so there is little wiggle room to crowbar in anything else. Unless it's good :D

Had a REAL quick look at the PC version this morning before work (I had planned to go to bed early + get up at 5.00am to give it a solid couple of hours. While I got to bed on time, I just ended up sleeping for like 12 hours. Gah!). Have only really had a chance to muck around with the character creation and try to get it running at 60fps while still looking as good as possible. Might even revise down to 30fps if the difference in visuals is significant though.

Looks slick, but won't have any significant free time until Saturday :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sitting next to me on my desk at work. Probably too late to call in sick.

I'm off tomorrow. This came today along with WWE 2K15 and my new headset. I have GTA and AC Unity at home and Far Cry 4 unopened.

:cry:I'm so stressed.

I have the Xbox 360 version, and it is good. I think the controls would be better on a computer, but it's fine. I have done the prologue, and the area of that looks massive.

I was just running through the dragon age keep storyline choices and realised I never played the second one. I must have bought the first one for PC and not finished it on release and then bought it again for xbox last year and somehow thought I had played both.

I'm not a smart man.

edit: yep, origins and origins: ultimate edition, good work me.

I'm off tomorrow. This came today along with WWE 2K15 and my new headset. I have GTA and AC Unity at home and Far Cry 4 unopened.

:cry:I'm so stressed.

once you open Farcry you will find it hard to not play that game... The GTA, Dragon Age and Farcry same week release is killing me. I returned AC Unity and will play that next year when there is a gaming lull

Remove this Banner Ad

Back