Competitions DT and SC 2013 Chat - All Questions, Comments here

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit hard to say. We don't really know what role Staker will play.

I would think that Mayes' age and extended run in the seniors (plus he looked leg weary at times last week) make him a bit more susceptible to being the sub. Other names being thrown around on this board are Bewick and Staker himself.

Cheers mate - I have Kerridge (Ade) in the forwardline also so might let him start (as he was named on field) and make Mayes the sub just in case. Good luck for this weekend, would dearly like you guys to get up this weekend (or at the very least, soften the bombers up for us!) :D

Cheers mate - I have Kerridge (Ade) in the forwardline also so might let him start (as he was named on field) and make Mayes the sub just in case.

That's what I'm doing (which should give you zero comfort as I routinely put the wrong player on the pine!)

Hey guys, I see Mayes is named on the bench this week - with Staker back, is Mayes likely to get the vest?
If this is a supercoach question - i'm leaving him in my squad, as ours is the 2nd match of the round so I can switch-a-roo/bench him if green vested 90mins pre game when the player sheets are lodged. [provided i'm not sidetracked with the pre-bounce bevvies]

what is stakers job security like? thinking him over Thurlow just for the JS? is this valid or is he fringe anyway and i should take Thurlow with a weekand 77 under his belt?

what is stakers job security like? thinking him over Thurlow just for the JS? is this valid or is he fringe anyway and i should take Thurlow with a weekand 77 under his belt?

Unless you absolutely have to, don't trade either without them being named for their third games.

Staker should be fine, providing he pulls up after a few games ok. He might start off slow or even be sub, but should average 70-80 once he gets going....

Thurlow looks good, if he has another good game, I will get him next week.

You? No way! :D
Cider in one hand, bourbon in the other - :thumbsu:

Smartphone stayed in pocket until minutes before the bounce... ooops #1 :oops:

Rush to sub Mayes to bench - Lockout occurred a minute? BEFORE the actual bounce. o_O :mad:

ooops #2 - Stevie J a late out for the cats - still occupied with ciders + bourbon + dinner + getting to the G.... Meh... GO LIONS! :D

Cider in one hand, bourbon in the other - :thumbsu:

Smartphone stayed in pocket until minutes before the bounce... ooops #1 :oops:

Rush to sub Mayes to bench - Lockout occurred a minute? BEFORE the actual bounce. o_O :mad:

ooops #2 - Stevie J a late out for the cats - still occupied with ciders + bourbon + dinner + getting to the G.... Meh... GO LIONS! :D

Would expect nothing less Freddo!

With Golby out apparently now, and Docherty and Colquhoun from PTA on my bench both playing, what happens if you select both as emergencies? Do you get the highest or lowest scorer? Thinking of just backing in Docherty. Anyone else have Golby and in a dilemma with their team selections now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Golby out apparently now, and Docherty and Colquhoun from PTA on my bench both playing, what happens if you select both as emergencies? Do you get the highest or lowest scorer? Thinking of just backing in Docherty.

You get the lowest.

With Golby out apparently now, and Docherty and Colquhoun from PTA on my bench both playing, what happens if you select both as emergencies? Do you get the highest or lowest scorer? Thinking of just backing in Docherty. Anyone else have Golby and in a dilemma with their team selections now?
If you have a zero in your backline you can play the emergency loophole (assuming the zero plays after Port).

Hey guys I heard that Leuenberger got injured in tonight's match (I think in Doc Larkin's injury report on 7). I was just wondering how serious it was?

Thumb injury. Looked dislocated on the telecast, but they took him in for scans as a precaution. We'll only find out for certain when the scans come back.

LeCras is still bloody priced too high. Wouldnt consider the bloke unless there was a serious price drop

LeCras is still bloody priced too high. Wouldnt consider the bloke unless there was a serious price drop

G'day mate Frenchy LeCras is too pricey for hes out put i have him as my F6 ATM that might change.For little more you could get Chris mayne who is good value or tom-a-hawk maybe.

I came in here to ask about rockliff how long hes he out for? And is there any reason hes not playing more time in mid because the guys a jet or is it just crazy vossy? or inj like last year? thanks for your time.

G'day mate Frenchy LeCras is too pricey for hes out put i have him as my F6 ATM that might change.For little more you could get Chris mayne who is good value or tom-a-hawk maybe.

I came in here to ask about rockliff how long hes he out for? And is there any reason hes not playing more time in mid because the guys a jet or is it just crazy vossy? or inj like last year? thanks for your time.

2 weeks is the expected injury length for Rocky.

Hi guys,

Hoping you can give me some info on Stefan Martin. I see him listed as 3 weeks away in the latest injury update published by the AFL. Is he likely to feature much at senior level for you in the second half of the season?

I think that he will. He is the only other player on our list who can play that forward role and also play good in the ruck. Our other blokes like Lisle and Michael don't possess the necessary ruck skills.

With Leuy starting to spend a bit more time up forward, I think Martin can get his average back up to 80-90 like he did back at Melbourne.

Guys, what's the deal with Brennan. Played every game, then got injured, missed a week, and now two weeks in the reserves. Out of favour?

He's particularly out of favour here ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back