Toast Duggan already our best player.

Remove this Banner Ad

On a scale of 1 to Duggan, just how real are the 2nd year blues?

Wouldn't mind a goal from young Dugg. Does well to put himself in the position to capitalize, but then doesn't. Goalkicking mids are so important and we have so few. I was hoping Liam may've been our savior.
I think we were all hoping for this, hence this thread. We've been starved of reliably dynamic and evasive midfielders who pinpoint passes inside 50 and kick goals since Kerr left.

We all loved Shuey's goal against North in the prelim - it got me out of the couch and running around screaming - but he's no Kerr or Cousins.

Reality sets in now and we have to acknowledge that he's a young bloke who'll take time to become what we're all hoping he'll be.

LOL how have I never noticed this thread?

How is a bloke that can't kick, our best player?

He's the last player I'd trust with a 30 metre, dead in front set shot.

Has a very good kick under around the ground and under pressure...but terrible shot for goal.

Lewis Jetta needs to have a chat with him.... teach him how to focus when kicking for goal in your first season or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get the hype about this kid. Doesn't get a lot of the pill and freezes in front of goal. Of course he is just a kid and so has plenty of time on his side but it seems a lot of our supporters are desperate to highlight any signs of ability In the hope we don't end up with another bog ordinary Masten type.

Don't get the hype about this kid. Doesn't get a lot of the pill and freezes in front of goal. Of course he is just a kid and so has plenty of time on his side but it seems a lot of our supporters are desperate to highlight any signs of ability In the hope we don't end up with another bog ordinary Masten type.

Doesn't get a lot of the pill because is playing half forward most of the time. When he has been given a chance in the guts he has some pretty gotten some nice clearances where he has hit up the forwards perfectly. I do hope when we play the Bombers we play him full time as mid to see what he can do.

Your right he's a Kid... Arrived to the club he was only 17. He's already been in an AFL system for 2 year's and has played 23 games would of been more if not for injury.. That alone is impressive when you consider there is player's his age in the u18 champions this year and to put that in perspective he's only 3 months older than Luke Partington...

He's shown enough class skill and even leadership at such a young age for people to be excited for what he might produce when he matures....

Last edited:
Duggan is not by any means a "BOG Masten" type.

Yep he can't kick a goal to save himself, yep he isn't getting 25+ but he oozes class and looks like he has time on his side when in possession. Will flourish another 2-3 season as an inside mid.

Plus he already raises his arm in a tackle to release the pill, something Masto has done twice maybe in his 150 games.

Theres gonna be so much pressure on Duggan next season externally. His got a strong head and i hope he is up to match it. Him and sheed are only shinning lights in the middle we have and a lot will be expected of them next season. I can see Sheed taking that next step and becoming a top line mid but im not sure about duggan.

Last edited:
Theres gonna be so much pressure on Duggan next season externally. His got a strength head and i hope he is up to match it. Him and sheed are only shinning light and a lot will be expected of them next season. I can see Sheed taking that next step and becoming a top line mid but im not sure about duggan.
WOT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back