Club History Duncanson and the sanfl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Once we were on a relatively stable financial footing we needed football people making football decisions for the good of the club and that is when things started to go wrong.

Amen to that. We have become what we once derided the Crows for being- a corporation.

There is a real danger of reinventing history here. Truth that I know is:

-we were on the bones of our arse
-Bucky was not interested in a return
-the SANFL wanted us to fold
-the AFL didnt
-Koch was a personality - the AFL knew or thought that was what we needed and they were prepared to back that sort of regime
-love or hate him, Koch WAS what we needed at the time even just for the national reach he brought

A decade later, with no flag, we can all question if the Koch regime is the way forward. But don’t reinvent history. Without AFL support, the SANFL would have succeeded in sucking all the blood from our club. It was Koch and his national reach that meant they couldn’t.

I knew Buckey then, and he was a million miles from an AFL return. I could be wrong (I didn’t sleep with him- we weren’t that close) but unless I hear it from him, I call “bullshit” on that story.

A decade later, with no flag, we can all question if the Koch regime is the way forward. But don’t reinvent history. Without AFL support, the SANFL would have succeeded in sucking all the blood from our club. It was Koch and his national reach that meant they couldn’t.

The Adelaide Oval redevelopment, $9,000,000 AFL/SANFL financial rescue package and decision to move the final game of 2011 to the Oval was all greenlit by the end of June that year.

Koch was appointed 16 months later in October 2012.

We should move on. What the fu.. has 2012 got to do with 2022. That was a sad article, i hope he can get over the bonING. Whenever I have been sacked I never got an email back either 😩. We need a new coach, lets look to 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back