Club History "It's not the SANFL any more"

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe our board never picked up on this.
Sounds like they couldn’t run a tap, absolute disgrace fking amateurs.

It's worse than that. David Koch is a narcissist who doesn't want the accountability and fully believes his way is correct in spite of the white noise.

We're going to get less than zero traction on this until the Crows get their licence back.

Yep. Our battle only begins after the Crows get membership control.

What a mess…

This only changes once we get control of our board back.

Until then, we're effectively relying on the AFL appointing a board and chairman who actually want us to be successful. It might happen in the future, but it's never sustainable until there is pressure from members on those board positions. Does anyone think the likes of Cos Cardone get to be board members for a decade if we had a vote?

Unfortunately it's my understanding that there is no timeline or even plan in place to return the board to the members. Do I have that correct?

The Crows have a 2028 end date where the members take control back. Ultimately that will leave us with a situation where the Crows are member controlled, a real football club, and we aren't. Hopefully the Crows supporters really, really lay into us about this publicly because it might be the only thing that creates enough agitation for change.

I don’t even understand why we were expected to relinquish control of the club in the first place.

We weren’t some hastily-concocted purpose-built brand new franchise, but a fully fledged 126-year old football club with the assets, cash and clout to pursue affiliation of the national league.

For reasons unknown the 1995/6 board allowed more or less the exact same governance (re)structure as Adelaide’s, despite the obvious difference in circumstances.

And now Mussunriseolini has completely dropped the ball on a pathway to returning to existing as an independent entity?

Down bad, fam. Down bad.

I don’t even understand why we were expected to relinquish control of the club in the first place.

We weren’t some hastily-concocted purpose-built brand new franchise, but a fully fledged 126-year old football club with the assets, cash and clout to pursue affiliation of the national league.

For reasons unknown the 1995/6 board allowed more or less the exact same governance (re)structure as Adelaide’s, despite the obvious difference in circumstances.

And now Mussunriseolini has completely dropped the ball on a pathway to returning to existing as an independent entity?

Down bad, fam. Down bad.
Mussolini didn't want democracy and not does Kochie

Don’t forget the current hierarchy torched a ~140 year tradition of sole captaincy for no tangible benefit.

Tradition, aspiration these are things to be embraced. It’s sickening how far off they are from getting it.
In fairness, I don't think that started being a regular thing til Fos. And just because of a one-year blip it doesn't make it any less traditional.

It just makes the people that broke the streak* look selfish

We're going to get less than zero traction on this until the Crows get their licence back. I'm hoping there are some big plans for that time among former players, the likes of Ginever, Fiacchi, Tredrea etc. It's the most important time in the modern history of the club since the SANFL had the licence taken from them.
You would hope blokes like Ginever, Fiacchi and Tredrea would be all over this and be ready to hit the ground running!

It's not the SANFL anymore, just because you didn't lose a game for over 3 months through the middle of the season doesn't mean you can expect to actually win a final, especially with HOLES in the list.

The apologists swinging shamelessly from,

“he finally has the cattle and the results are obvious!” to,

“he’s never had the talent and it’s a testament to his ability that they got as far as they did”, is one of the all-time flipflops.

You would hope blokes like Ginever, Fiacchi and Tredrea would be all over this and be ready to hit the ground running!
With overwhelmingly outstanding ticketed cohorts to bring with them who have backgrounds in finance, business, legal issues, running sporting organisations, etc.

I firmly believe we could and would have been an AFL powerhouse if we'd had the right kind of people in charge throughout. Maybe it's simplistic, but from the outside it appears we've been derailed by various individuals over the years, culminating in the last decade when the club hierarchy has strayed further and further from the Port ethos. The extent of the un-Port Adelaide-like approach and mindset of the current Port Adelaide just astounds me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to a club function where Richardson walked us through the club’s strategic plan. He kept emphasising that every single decision the club makes is tied to the mantra “we exist to win premierships”. I’ve never heard a more hollow set of words. I can think of a recent decision that’s an utter contradiction.

That mantra was true back in the day. Died years ago

I firmly believe we could and would have been an AFL powerhouse if we'd had the right kind of people in charge throughout. Maybe it's simplistic, but from the outside it appears we've been derailed by various individuals over the years, culminating in the last decade when the club hierarchy has strayed further and further from the Port ethos. The extent of the un-Port Adelaide-like approach and mindset of the current Port Adelaide just astounds me.
I went to a club function where Richardson walked us through the club’s strategic plan. He kept emphasising that every single decision the club makes is tied to the mantra “we exist to win premierships”. I’ve never heard a more hollow set of words. I can think of a recent decision that’s an utter contradiction.

That mantra was true back in the day. Died years ago

The last ruthless decision by the club officials was firing Cahill after 2 seasons without making Finals. It was 1998.

Koch belongs in Canberra, not Alberton. He is a narcissistic, archetype political figure who would throw his own mother under the bus before admitting any wrongdoing. I just can’t articulate the absolute loathing I have for this arrogant despot.

“It’s not the SANFL anymore”, is political trickery at its finest. It’s what incompetent decision makers resort to, to excuse their habitual failures. Nothing will change on field, until things change off field. Authoritarian type systems always reward opportunistic bottom feeders like Ken, but purge and exile good people like Tredders. The only way this dictatorship ends is by withdrawing your support.

Amazing reading yhe Crows have a 2028 end date where the members take control back. Neverread that anywhere, something tells meKochwouldlove the totalcontrolhe has now

Is there any mechanism where the Club's constitution can be amended to introduce such a clause? Or is this simply at the discretion of the AFL Commission.

I would guess even if the Chairman and the Board wanted to put such changes forth they would probably need to be approved by the AFL.

How's our loser twitter handle:

Port Adelaide FC

@PAFC
Follow
Playing footy since 1870 Follow our AFLW team
@pafc_w
#weareportadelaide

PLAYIN FOOTY SINCE 1870. just happy to be involved. that sounds like something a loser team like south adelaide would have. haven't won a thing for 60 years.

the absolute shitstains want to bury the club's history, because it makes them look bad. we now willingly accept mediocrity and loser status. the supporters need to go Jan 6 on the club HQ and take it back. it's been hijacked by afl stooges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back