Recommitted Dustin Martin [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick tip - Although I normally don't like to do it, I've noticed this thread has improved dramatically with the use of the Ignore button! :eek:

Remember, if you don't feed the trolls, they'll get bored!

So do we think Dusty is signing a 4 year deal with Richmond, or will it be 5 years? The rumour going around is we've offered 4, but I'd prefer if we signed him for 5 honestly.
Better yet, when is he going to sign this hypothetical contract?

Better yet, when is he going to sign this hypothetical contract?

Truthfully, he'll sign when his manager tells him to sign, after they've extracted every single dollar they possibly can from the Tigers. Make no mistake, it isn't Dusty specifically putting things on hold here, it's his management, who know a shitload more about how to conduct this business than Dusty does.

The thing is, Dusty doesn't want to leave Richmond, but this is his big career contract. The money will never be as good for him as it is over the next 5-6 years of his career, so I don't blame him at all for exploring the options and essentially raising his leverage on the situation. The only way Dusty realistically leaves is if we offer him an amount that is insulting, and judging by our first offer made, we're hardly trying to lowball him.

The key difference between his situation and the Dangerfield one is that Dusty's not trying to get home. Whereas Danger had his eye on going back to his hometown Cats probably 2 or maybe even 3 years out, Dusty (or rather his team) just want the best possible payday he can get, but also balancing that with playing for the club he loves playing for, and Richmond I think would be aware of that, which is why we're genuinely not concerned about him actually going anywhere.

Every single contract negotiation has gone this way with Dusty, mainly due to his management, and you know what? Fair play to Ralph Carr and his group, they're just doing the best job they can for their client.

Truthfully, he'll sign when his manager tells him to sign, after they've extracted every single dollar they possibly can from the Tigers. Make no mistake, it isn't Dusty specifically putting things on hold here, it's his management, who know a shitload more about how to conduct this business than Dusty does.

The thing is, Dusty doesn't want to leave Richmond, but this is his big career contract. The money will never be as good for him as it is over the next 5-6 years of his career, so I don't blame him at all for exploring the options and essentially raising his leverage on the situation. The only way Dusty realistically leaves is if we offer him an amount that is insulting, and judging by our first offer made, we're hardly trying to lowball him.

The key difference between his situation and the Dangerfield one is that Dusty's not trying to get home. Whereas Danger had his eye on going back to his hometown Cats probably 2 or maybe even 3 years out, Dusty (or rather his team) just want the best possible payday he can get, but also balancing that with playing for the club he loves playing for, and Richmond I think would be aware of that, which is why we're genuinely not concerned about him actually going anywhere.

Every single contract negotiation has gone this way with Dusty, mainly due to his management, and you know what? Fair play to Ralph Carr and his group, they're just doing the best job they can for their client.
So, long story short....he's not signing the contract.

That's certainly how I read his post. If his decision is weighted so heavily towards love of playing for Richmond then I expect he'll announce his decision to sign with another club the minute free agency opens.

Long story short, he's not leaving Richmond.

He will probably squeeze another 50k per year out of us though, so technically he probably won't sign the specific contract we've put in front of him as of today.

But he will sign a Richmond playing contract for 2018 and beyond, I am very confident of that.

He will probably squeeze another 50k per year out of us though, so technically he probably won't sign the specific contract we've put in front of him as of today.

But he will sign a Richmond playing contract for 2018 and beyond, I am very confident of that.
So he's looking at the biggest contract of his career and you reckon he's holding out for a paltry $50k more from the club he apparently loves? A figure which will be under half that amount once the tax man and his agent take their cuts. He was asked about his contract the other day by the media and he couldn't even muster the basic exiting-star-free-agent line "that'll just be an ongoing discussion between the club and my management. I really just want to focus on my football at the moment".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want my hot take?

I think he probably stays but gives Richmond fa discount.

Dusty can't be ****** actually changing clubs IMO

agree, i feel like he may even pencil something midyear.
seems like he just cbf with the circus already, and its not even friggen round 1!..... and boy oh boy is it going to heat up.
im thinking he will drag on the currency testing for a couple more months and if something doesnt blow us out of the water he will pencil in.

He's holding off signing for 50k.

Classic.

He's holding off signing for 50k.

Classic.
If $50K is such a small amount may I borrow some?
FYI over 5 years thats $250k well worth the wait and mind games and you have a good accountant and financial planner you wont be paying that much tax so you cut the 50% idea going to mr taxman

Keep dreaming ... :thumbsu:

perhaps Dusty wants some success
Well there is that.

Once the AFL/GWS have their fun and win the next few Premierships the Hawks will have completed the rebuild and be ready to resume being the Premiership Factory.

So Dusty to the Hawks it is. :thumbsu:

On a serious note I for one hope he stays a Tigger and plays out his career with them, but I have my doubts.

Hawks fans absolutely kidding themselves :drunk:

Dusty will stay based on pure love for the club. If he wants success, GWS, Bulldogs, Sydney and maybe St Kilda are the realistic chances whilst he's in his prime...Not sure why hawks fans are in this thread? You guys are finished for now.

Dusty will stay based on pure love for the club. If he wants success, GWS, Bulldogs, Sydney and maybe St Kilda are the realistic chances whilst he's in his prime...Not sure why hawks fans are in this thread? You guys are finished for now.

WTF ... Hawks dont win the flag for 1 year and they are finished???? Yeah ... so I suppose your blokes have been finished for the last 30 years?

Oh yeah the club that wins a Premiership every 4 years or so for the last half a century is finished.

Not heard of rebuilding?

I don't mean a 37 year Tiger style rebuild I mean an Al Clarkson rebuild.

So this love you talk about that Dusty has for the Tigers, I assume he has signed then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back