Play Nice Dustin Martin to North | 31/8: DM signed at RFC for 1.3m/7yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best bit about my post is no matter what anyone says I can retort with ...
Yeah but we are potentially gaining a new player and no chance of losing a player we already have
... see what I mean? :p

Struggles when made accountable. s**t, Petrie pulled his pants down more then once.

As flogish as it is to quote myself, and there'd have to be footage of this. From memory, it was from a game against Richmond in 2014.

Scott allowed media access for his 3QT strategy. He believed Rance was vulnerable in defence and wanted to isolate him on Petrie for the last quarter.

Petrie kicked 5 last quarter goals and North pinched the game.

Last edited:
Take a look at the ladder.
Indeed sometimes you gotta take a backward step to go forward. Something we've never done in my time on the planet. Oh by the way 4 premierships in that time at an average of 1 every 10 years and a decent tilt the last few years. Ladder position is part of a cunning plan and not like it was unexpected.

As flogish as it is to quote myself, and there'd have to be footage of this. From memory, it was from a game against Richmond in 2014.

Scott allowed mead access for his 3QT strategy. He believed Rance was vulnerable in defence and wanted to isolate him on Petrie for the last quarter.

Petrie kicked 5 last quarter goals and North pinched the game.
Only one thing to say about that.....BOOM

Something to think about Dusty

You mean 1983 -

It didn't stop at 2010 did it? What happen in 2013? Oh that right beaten by team that didn't even finish in the eight. 2014? 48 zip first quarter. 2015? Choke on the big stage. 2017? Against Adelaide week 1 with a top 4 finish.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the Zac Dawson of the finals

Sorry to intrude but just thought I would bring some reality to this comparison - Rance was named 4th best player for Richmond in both the 2013 and 2015 EF's. In 2014 they only named 3 Tiger players (it was bad) but given Schulz and Westhoff only kicked two goals each he was hardly towelled on an ugly day.

Last week he lowered his colours to Harry Taylor but Harry's 11 disposal, 6 marks & 4 goals (Rance actually had 15 disposals & 5 marks himself) game wouldn't even raise an eyebrow in the days when champions like Mick Martyn and David Dench also had similar numbers and goals kicked against them.

Sorry to intrude but just thought I would bring some reality to this comparison - Rance was named 4th best player for Richmond in both the 2013 and 2015 EF's. In 2014 they only named 3 Tiger players (it was bad) but given Schulz and Westhoff only kicked two goals each he was hardly towelled on an ugly day.

Last week he lowered his colours to Harry Taylor but Harry's 11 disposal, 6 marks & 4 goals (Rance actually had 15 disposals & 5 marks himself) game wouldn't even raise an eyebrow in the days when champions like Mick Martyn and David Dench also had similar numbers and goals kicked against them.
We were at one of those EFs, and yeah nah.

And Martyn was playing against Dunstall, Lockett, Lloyd - not Harry Taylor - so not sure what the point is there.

He's a good defender. Chronically overrated. Here is not the place to find friends for an argument that he should be given more credit than the ludicrous amount that already goes his way.

Different sort of game Back then and we don't usually like to work in facts here.

Thanks anyway

Rance is so overrated that opposition coaches are devising plans to negate his effectiveness.

Has a key defender ever had this kind of attention in the history of the game?????

No you're right, Rance is the first defender in the history of football to have opposition coaches trying to counter him.

No you're right, Rance is the first defender in the history of football to have opposition coaches trying to counter him.
27200dench,0.jpg

Rance is so overrated that opposition coaches are devising plans to negate his effectiveness.

Has a key defender ever had this kind of attention in the history of the game?????

In all honestly he is a great defender.

But wouldn't be fit to carry Matty Scarletts gym bag and the calls saying he is the best defender of all time are embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back