Rumour Dusty's "coke snorting" gesture at GWS player

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I kinda get why MARTIN did this

He was getting his pants thrashed by gws

He was pissed off and Mumford probably said something .

By day I’m a mild mannered drug and alcohol counsellor but I’m meh on this one

I understand the heat of the battle ....I’m a raving lunatic watching footy - which is healthy by the way

I’m also quite meh on Mumford doing a line also ....he’s not a problematic user or addict ...that might surprise so,e but really the AFLs alleged drug problem is nothing compared to mainstream society

What did surprise me and I think it leaves Martin vulnerable was that it was really easy to get under his skin ....

He snapped ....and I think opponents will seize on this in future to put him off his game. Martin is a gun player and naturally will attract attention and someone with that many tattoos will also draw extra attention (not saying it’s attention seeking persay)

This whole saga has been over hyped ....trust me I see far worse everyday when I get into my car and head out to the suburbs and go into houses of hard core meth users and heroin users ....

From a leadership point of view I’m not sure his team mates want him doing it either ....Martin suspension shows he’s vulnerable to snapping and while the two incidents are seperate I think they are linked in my view.

Finally ...I like Martin as a player he’s bloody gun and just great to watch ...someone needs to calm him down on the field

I read Luc Longleys book and it was his job to keep the freak Rodman calm on the court

Someone at Richmond on the field needs to be his calming influence and make him laugh to keep him from losing the plot.
Awesome post by an awesome Poster:cool:

Dave123........3 votes.

What incident are you talking about?

This discussion is silly anyway. Mummy said he was sledging him, we dont need to debate whether he was. It's what happens on the field. Have you never noticed opposition players getting in someones face when they miss a shot?

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-1...h-sledge-from-shane-mumford-on-lance-franklin

I don’t have a problem with sledging aslong as it’s related to on field actions

Not a players mental state, family or race. As per the article mummy seems to cross the line on field otherwise he wouldn’t of apologised

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-1...h-sledge-from-shane-mumford-on-lance-franklin

I don’t have a problem with sledging aslong as it’s related to on field actions

Not a players mental state, family or race. As per the article mummy seems to cross the line on field otherwise he wouldn’t of apologised
Meh

No biggie. He didn't reference mental health, that's an inference.

Dusty would have been fine too if the cameras hadn't caught it. Now He might lose a bit of pocket money.

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
That must be tough.

It’s not an easy gig

But err someone has to do it ...but it did make laugh when you see the hysterical outrage of people who claim the AFL IS riddled with drugs ....it isn’t compared to society.

I have no issue really with Dusty’s jibe at mummy

I reckon they both would be laughing after the game about it ...no harm no foul

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS

Piledrive

Debutant
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Dusty was just trying or organise the after party with Mumford and was going to call Sam Mitchell too so all 3 of them could do lines together.

Back