Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

On rewatching the final quarter again, did anyone spot the security guard giving Shred a slap on the back on the way by during his goal celebration? What a mad campaigner.

On rewatching the final quarter again, did anyone spot the security guard giving Shred a slap on the back on the way by during his goal celebration? What a mad campaigner.
Lazy campaigner was just happy that Hutch did his job for him all day.

I watched this again today. Eagles were on top in the first 5 mins of Q1 but didn't put the pressure on scorewise, then Collingwood made the most of their chances for a ten minute burst. In hindsight, I think it was us who were a bit shell shocked and didn't make the most of our chances, the game could easily have been a 30 point win.

I'm amazed at how many goals shuey nearly kicked. He roved the stoppage three more times near F50 for one out on the full, one across the face falling short and one behind. All three could easily have been goals. Imagine how legendary his norm Smith would have been if he'd kick 3 goals instead of 1!

I watched this again today. Eagles were on top in the first 5 mins of Q1 but didn't put the pressure on scorewise, then Collingwood made the most of their chances for a ten minute burst. In hindsight, I think it was us who were a bit shell shocked and didn't make the most of our chances, the game could easily have been a 30 point win.

I'm amazed at how many goals shuey nearly kicked. He roved the stoppage three more times near F50 for one out on the full, one across the face falling short and one behind. All three could easily have been goals. Imagine how legendary his norm Smith would have been if he'd kick 3 goals instead of 1!

Yeah not to mention JK’s snap just after we hit the front could’ve easily been a goal, plus Rioli running into 50 with an open goal square would normally put that through

Not to mention Ryan hitting the post twice in the last quarter.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Qualifying Final for the first time since being there that night and boy oh boy wowee what a game.

Understandably overshadowed by the Grand Final but 12 lead changes, Eagles going beastmode in the last, I think the commentators said we were something like +12 for contested footy in that quarter, Kennedy oh so close to ripping the game apart, Sheed nailing an absolute ripper on the boundary (opposite side to the Grand Final, and went the banana), blood pouring from Willie's head (never a good thing!), cometh the hour, cometh the JETTA!

Easily the best game of the finals series (until the Grand Final).

Downsides were Shep's injury, and the commentators beating off all night over Goldsack.

I love this team. Never surrender.

Watched the Qualifying Final for the first time since being there that night and boy oh boy wowee what a game.

Understandably overshadowed by the Grand Final but 12 lead changes, Eagles going beastmode in the last, I think the commentators said we were something like +12 for contested footy in that quarter, Kennedy oh so close to ripping the game apart, Sheed nailing an absolute ripper on the boundary (opposite side to the Grand Final, and went the banana), blood pouring from Willie's head (never a good thing!), cometh the hour, cometh the JETTA!

Easily the best game of the finals series (until the Grand Final).

Downsides were Shep's injury, and the commentators beating off all night over Goldsack.

I love this team. Never surrender.

Nah, the prelim was better.

They actually started as favourites I believe. All the hype, all the fans preparing for a date in the Grand Final with Collingwood, became first side since the 1930s or something like that to go goalless at half time in a preliminary final.

They actually started as favourites I believe. All the hype, all the fans preparing for a date in the Grand Final with Collingwood, became first side since the 1930s or something like that to go goalless at half time in a preliminary final.

Was also amazing, for different reasons as you've listed. Also haven't watched that one since being there. Next weekend!

I love it when you talk dirty to us.

Sheed nailing an absolute ripper on the boundary (opposite side to the Grand Final, and went the banana)
Haven’t watched this replay either but will give it a crack now.

Just skipped to Sheed’s goal - it was actually not a banana but a perfect right foot snap - and afterwards Richo says something like:

“What a feeling that would be, nailing one of those in front of your home crowd in a final”

You campaigners know what happened next

Also, I checked and we were actually +14 for CP in the last q

Still hard to believe players like Nathan Vardy, Chris Masten and Mark Hutchings now have the title 'premiership player'.

Hutchings is the sort of bloke premierships are built on. Guys who were bottom 6 for much of their career then find a new trick or step up a level and suddenly your bottom 6 looks like 50th percentile or better at other clubs.

Edit: but yes, it's bloody surreal. Masten looked borderline cooked a year or two earlier and Hutchings never seemed more than an honest tryer for a long time.

Was the same in 06 with Mark Seaby, Steven Armstrong and Adam Selwood I guess

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seaby was decent and I don't recall Adam Selwood copping as much crap as Hutchings (but then again the internet forums and media back in 2006 were a lot more sparse), but you're correct about Steven Armstrong - stop gap for Phil Matera and ended up with a medal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back