EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate I don't yell abuse at anyone. I'm totally against that sort of stuff.

As for Mr Wonderful - I'm guessing you're referring to McKernan. I suspect he was carrying some sort of injury late in the season as his form tapered off and his mobility decreased. I'd say that had a lot to do with him not playing so well recently.

As for comments about big bucks and cheque books etc, I'm just there for the footy. I'm not interested how much anyone is getting paid. I support Tulla because I live a stone throw from their ground and that won't change any time soon.

Good luck to WC in the big one. It's a two horse race so anything can happen but I would be tipping APW by 70+
happy to hear you dont yell abuse.also happy to hear you are a dedicated supporter the same as myself.
Dunn is a 199 game AFL player .His value is what he brings to a team on gameday. He can pick up his team and hypothetically carry them on his shoulders. He doesnt need to win pre season time trials to be of value. what he cops from over the fence would lead you to think he just came out of jail and was avoiding his probation officer. That being said if you go back on my posts l have always said WC would beat westmeadows and Tulla but would struggle against speed of Airport West. I still maintain that view but you cant win it unless you are in it. Go Burgers and do your best.

Herald-Sun's match report on West Coburg's win over Tullamarine.
(My video from this game will be on this forum in a couple of hours.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDFL: West Coburg stun Tullamarine to earn grand final berth
West Coburg is through to its first grand final since 2014 behind another dominant performance from the “best ruckman in the league” as the kids stepped up.
Peaking at the right time.
It’s what Dominic Dean Spagnolo and West Coburg have done in the last three weeks.
The Burgers big man has produced three straight best on ground performances in a row and coincidentally his side has won all three of those games.
But none were more important than Sunday’s as he produced a dominant display to guide his side into the Essendon District league Division 1 grand final.
In an enthralling contest, West Coburg held on to stun Tullamarine 12.8 (80) to 10.7 (67) at Highgate Recreation Reserve on Sunday.
Dean Spagnolo clearly got on top of his Tullamarine opponents in the middle at centre bounces with the Burgers often getting first use of the footy.
His intercept marking was also excellent taking several pack marks at critical stages of the game much to the delight of the crowd.
Even when the ball hit the deck, the big man could make an impact.
You couldn’t wipe the smile off coach Dale May’s face.
“It’s amazing to think he played the first five games of the year in the reserves because he couldn’t train,” May said.
“Now I think he’s the best ruckman in the league. His last five or six weeks have been unbelievable.
“Once he got his form up and going, he’s been brilliant. I couldn’t be happier.”
West Coburg didn’t have everything their own way throughout the contest with a strong breeze favouring one end of the ground.
May’s side raced out of the blocks to be 20 points up at the first change only to find themselves a point down at halftime after Shaun McKernan goaled from the goalsquare on the siren.
But a six-goal to two third term, put the Burgers in the box seat to progress to its first grand final since 2014.
It was a fiery premiership quarter with West Coburg kicking back-to-back goals in 30 seconds after the umpire awarded a high free kick to Lynden Dunn in the goalsquare.
Push and shove ensued with Tullamarine’s Kirk Lang sent from the ground with the blood rule as blood streamed down his face.
Lang had clashed heads with a teammate who was pushed.
“I’m really, really proud of this group,” May said.
“We gritted late and managed to hold on. Our young guys like Emilio Rinaudo and Pat McCallum stood up when a few of our senior boys had down games. But that’s not a bad thing because they don’t usually play two bad games in a row.”
McKernan threatened to tear the game open when he booted three second quarter goals but Dane Lucas was able to subdue the former AFL big man in the second half.
“I thought he did a super job against the best player in the competition,” May said.
“It’s not easy to keep him quiet. It was a real captain’s game.”
Airport West awaits West Coburg in the grand final next Sunday at Windy Hill.
The Eagles have comfortably won the previous two meetings this season.
“We will have our full side for the first time,” May said.

happy to hear you dont yell abuse.also happy to hear you are a dedicated supporter the same as myself.
Dunn is a 199 game AFL player .His value is what he brings to a team on gameday. He can pick up his team and hypothetically carry them on his shoulders. He doesnt need to win pre season time trials to be of value. what he cops from over the fence would lead you to think he just came out of jail and was avoiding his probation officer. That being said if you go back on my posts l have always said WC would beat westmeadows and Tulla but would struggle against speed of Airport West. I still maintain that view but you cant win it unless you are in it. Go Burgers and do your best.
Unfortunately Dandy in the lower divisions you can get idiot spectators and clubs that are nowhere near as professional as premier grade clubs. Yes it can occur in premier at times but nowhere near as bad. Just saying!!

Unfortunately Dandy in the lower divisions you can get idiot spectators and clubs that are nowhere near as professional as premier grade clubs. Yes it can occur in premier at times but nowhere near as bad. Just saying!!

At least if West Coburg gets promoted you won't have to worry about those types.....

I must admit, as someone who has only just got back into following local footy this year, the stuff that's said over the fence has surprised me. The thing is, nobody who says that crap would say it to any player in the bar after the game, so they're gonna feel pretty silly if they cross paths with them later on.

What's even more surprising is that some players actually respond to it which I find hard to fathom.

I must admit, as someone who has only just got back into following local footy this year, the stuff that's said over the fence has surprised me. The thing is, nobody who says that crap would say it to any player in the bar after the game, so they're gonna feel pretty silly if they cross paths with them later on.

What's even more surprising is that some players actually respond to it which I find hard to fathom.
Yes mate most spectators saying this stuff are usually weak cowards that would run if the player approached them outside the playing arena.

Bruno apparently taking a year off, Dispenzeri & Bennardo linked to Oak Park and McKernan checked out last week.
Shame as there was a lot of potential but delivered so little, other than a few moments in the 2nd qtr where McKernan looked like he was going to light it up, he looked disinterested in the 3rd &
Bruno apparently taking a year off, Dispenzeri & Bennardo linked to Oak Park and McKernan checked out last week.
Shame as there was a lot of potential but delivered so little, other than a few moments in the 2nd qtr where McKernan looked like he was going to light it up, he looked disinterested in the 3rd & 4th.

would be good additions to Oak Park.

Hi folks. Here's my LAST HALF YouTube video from the Tullamarine V West Coburg game from last Sunday. Well done WC to win a tough match. The controversial broo ha ha / biffo in the third quarter starts at the 13:35 minute mark of the YT video. Great crowd that got really excited in the last quarter. Enjoy.

Hi folks. Here's my LAST HALF YouTube video from the Tullamarine V West Coburg game from last Sunday. Well done WC to win a tough match. The controversial broo ha ha / biffo in the third quarter starts at the 13:35 minute mark of the YT video. Great crowd that got really excited in the last quarter. Enjoy.

Great vision mate.

Seen the incident and probably not much in it but if you watch all the vision Dunn often instigates a lot of niggle by always bumping opponents. That’s just looking for trouble and not sure why he does that. I’m local footy someone will whack you and to be honest your going to deserve it.

Onto the game vision and WC no’s 21 & 22 we’re very good players with #21 pretty dominant. Tulla appeared to be reactive and not as hard at the contest.

Onto another subject post siren you see a tall west Coburg supporter with a club polo on come onto the ground and he appears to make contact and have words with a Tulla player. He appears to have a can of something in his hand. That’s really poor form and that behaviour needs to be stamped out. It could cause an all in brawl post game due to one absolute total idiot. Hopefully someone at the club pulls him into line.

Lol if people think that deserves a suspension. You may as well start calling AFL netball ffs. What a joke. Push like that happens 100 times a game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great vision. Hope Dunn gets a bag kicked on him this week.

lots of movements from tulla in the coming weeks! will be a very different team next year
First time poster here, but been reading this thread the whole year.

Having friends kids who play at both westy & tulla it does appear a few guys who have been at the club for a while could be on the move..

First time poster here, but been reading this thread the whole year.

Having friends kids who play at both westy & tulla it does appear a few guys who have been at the club for a while could be on the move..
No great surprise, don't most clubs have list turnover to some degree at the end of each season?

Yes, on a scale that ranges from "minimal change" to "a few changes" to "a mass exodus"

If you have a look at both clubs FB pages they have each announced a number of signings for next year
So I’m not sure both clubs will have the ‘mass exodus’ that you have suggested
Time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back