EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillside coach coached them for team Italy so no suprise he’s after them.
If they are loosing as many players as
Rumoured they are in massive trouble next season. From finals to bottom 3 I’d say. Their twos would be depleted also by having to fill the ones.

Maybe a total re build on the cards

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

After some discussions with a couple of pretty reliable sources this week it seems like this talk of Deer Park coming into div 1 is actually on the cards if the EDFL and DP have there way. I didn't really believe it when i first read it on here. If so, the EDFL should hang there heads in shame! How on earth they could be pushing so hard to get a club that has won 7 straight premierships in WRFL’s top flight, and bring them over into our second division and ruin that comp for 12 months is a joke. Whether DP is still that powerhouse or not is irrelevant, 7 straight flags is unheard of and still finished 3rd this season. They would still be a mid range Premier side and anybody involved in the EDFL knows a side in that range would win div 1 with a leg in the air, would not lose a game. The clubs need to vote them in, and i hope they vote on there feet and do not allow the EDFL to let this happen!

After some discussions with a couple of pretty reliable sources this week it seems like this talk of Deer Park coming into div 1 is actually on the cards if the EDFL and DP have there way. I didn't really believe it when i first read it on here. If so, the EDFL should hang there heads in shame! How on earth they could be pushing so hard to get a club that has won 7 straight premierships in WRFL’s top flight, and bring them over into our second division and ruin that comp for 12 months is a joke. Whether DP is still that powerhouse or not is irrelevant, 7 straight flags is unheard of and still finished 3rd this season. They would still be a mid range Premier side and anybody involved in the EDFL knows a side in that range would win div 1 with a leg in the air, would not lose a game. The clubs need to vote them in, and i hope they vote on there feet and do not allow the EDFL to let this happen!

I’ve heard from reliable sources it’s not happening mate so I wouldn’t worry too much.

IF it does they need to go straight to prem not Div 1

Agree they should go into premier but it’s how they go about creating a 12 team premier competition. Otherwise they can’t fit into premier and have 11 teams. Doesn’t make sense.
I think if they went to div1 they might lose a few players as why would a Greenwood, Kwayme etc play B grade footy.

Agree they should go into premier but it’s how they go about creating a 12 team premier competition. Otherwise they can’t fit into premier and have 11 teams. Doesn’t make sense.
I think if they went to div1 they might lose a few players as why would a Greenwood, Kwayme etc play B grade footy.

Kwame would play I’d say, he doesn’t live in aus full time atm, sometimes has to fly in for games I’ve been told. He’s won 7 flags with the club I’m sure if he’s happy financially he would stay with them.

Greenwood no idea.

One of these boys have family links to HS so it’s definitely

Corruption at it's finest.

Talk of deer park and St. Albans coming in would have to be a joke. EDFL don’t have any clubs heavily associated with pokie venues in this comp so why would they start now?
Instead of bringing in more teams who both you may say blatantly have cheated on the cap, focus on fixing the plethora of issues facing EDFL atm. Junior and senior fixturing is a joke, junior grading is laughable at best, umpiring numbers are at critical stages, and EDFL office relationships with most clubs is non existent. I’m all for expanding the comp, but there is clearly no viable, and sustainable vision by the current board.
Last 10 years has seen Sunbury K, east Sunbury, rupo, and burnside one into the fold, but during this period the quality and numbers on EDFL board have decreased Which I think has contributed to edfl reputation Nose diving.

Before thinking of adding more clubs, maybe Kyte should think about putting more time into fixing our outstounding issues. The thought of these 2 clubs coming into the EDFL make me sick tbh

Who’s our tip for league medal night
My tip is gentile
Smokey Josh covelli
Anyone have a top few chances or similar to above

10 teams is the perfect number with a fixture of 18 rounds. Which is another issue with adding more teams. 11 or 12 just doesn't work fairly. I cant see the EDFL clubs voting this in but funnier things have happened. Who knows what deals the EDFL would try to make behind closed doors if they want DP in. Really not sure why they would be so keen on getting a club like that in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you guys reckon APW need to be competitive in the top division next year?

I'm thinking they would need at least another gun midfielder and key forward. But is it more likely that they will need to splash out on a handful of gun players to be competitive?

Hard to know what the gap is between the middle order teams in Premier and the top teams in Div 1, but last time APW was promoted they seemed to stick with the same basic team and it didn't work at all.

What do you guys reckon APW need to be competitive in the top division next year?

I'm thinking they would need at least another gun midfielder and key forward. But is it more likely that they will need to splash out on a handful of gun players to be competitive?

Hard to know what the gap is between the middle order teams in Premier and the top teams in Div 1, but last time APW was promoted they seemed to stick with the same basic team and it didn't work at all.
i think they need a ruckman who shows more presence around the ground and also a tall forward who can be the go to guy up forward. They have a great young tall solid prospect for ruck named Cullen who is at Cannons and played 18-5s but he needs a power of work before premier beckons. In Granny Bowkett in defence marked everything and was clearly WC best player.
Probably full back as well if playing on someone with pace he will get caught out. Not saying he has not been a great player but is he the future.

Seniors players already looking for a new home in Div 1 - dont want to go up! - just the usual for AW, happened last time they went up

How different is their team from last time they went up? They will definetly need a handful of guns. Mainly a ruckman, they are so important in Prem

They need defenders.
They got away with it this year because the ball was in their forward half most of the year but next year it will be the opposite. Some of their midfielders are going to have to work the other way or develop as half back flankers/back pocckets.

They need a VFL rated CHB/FB to be competitive. Their forward line is as good as the Marby's of the world.

Ventured out to Windy Hill today. Very poor crowd for a grand final in my view. Standard was good. The jokers who think Deer Park would not do well in Division 1 EDFL are dreaming. Any of the 7 premiership winning teams would have creamed either side that played today. Levi Greenwood would have been best on ground today by a country mile.

Ventured out to Windy Hill today. Very poor crowd for a grand final in my view. Standard was good. The jokers who think Deer Park would not do well in Division 1 EDFL are dreaming. Any of the 7 premiership winning teams would have creamed either side that played today. Levi Greenwood would have been best on ground today by a country mile.

Deer Park should take a deep breathe and stay in their little pond

I was also surprised at how small the crowd was for a GF. I'm wondering if the weather had anything to do with it? It rained in the morning and it was cold and windy in the afternoon.

I was also surprised at how small the crowd was for a GF. I'm wondering if the weather had anything to do with it? It rained in the morning and it was cold and windy in the afternoon.
Of all the grand finals I’ve been to in the EDFL they’ve never had big crowds. I’m off to Romsey today and I can bet there will be a huge crowd and great atmosphere for Diggers V Riddell.

Of all the grand finals I’ve been to in the EDFL they’ve never had big crowds. I’m off to Romsey today and I can bet there will be a huge crowd and great atmosphere for Diggers V Riddell.
You weren’t wrong. Far bigger turnout at today’s Riddell League GF than yesterday’s crowd at Windy Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back