EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah great for the Mores to Salvage something out of the season after going out and spending huge on blokes who didn't deliver resulting in the coach getting the a*se halfway through the year.
Need a bit more positivity in your outlook Bang. 547 posts in, and 543 of them are either bagging someone or some club. Try looking on the bright side occasionally old son.

Certainly a disappointing year for the Mores, but they'll be back up there.

Last edited:
With C'Burn in the Divi 1 GF and favorites to win the flag, how will they go in premier league?

With C'Burn in the Divi 1 GF and favorites to win the flag, how will they go in premier league?

plus need to keep clokes? Seems to be queries if they will play premier league, whats the "vibe"?

Hey Subway, they will need to do what Douttas did and recruit some quality A graders and blend with some homegrowns. Probably a good 6-9 players. The current side would get relegated straight back down but obviously they will get some new players. Problem now is the points system and salary cap coming in makes it a bit more challenging.
I will watch closely as to who they target but as I previously stated its the distance/travel that is a deterrent..

The Cloke's won't be there and their assistant coach (think his name is Fletcher) is off to coach Jacana and possibly taking a current CB star with him. I will believe it when I see it, but it would be a massive get for a div3 side. I will give you a hint, his not an "old" player.. Once again it's only a rumour and I'm going to say the name as no one would believe me.

Need a bit more positivity in your outlook Bang. 547 posts in, and 543 of them are either bagging someone or some club. Try looking on the bright side occasionally old son.

Certainly a disappointing year for the Mores, but they'll be back up there.
Harsh Staxy ol' boy , but fair I suppose. What's that old saying............

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH":'(

I'm feed up with local councils. Some of the grounds (and surrounds) in this comp need some work. Problem is I could fix them in a couple of hours but the councils do nothing. How does a ditch (about 1m in diameter) with water sitting it be allowed to just sit about 20mts out from the goal square for weeks & weeks. Surely dig a bit out and put a few layers of instant turf there to get through the season..

Step up councils FFS.

Hey Subway, they will need to do what Douttas did and recruit some quality A graders and blend with some homegrowns. Probably a good 6-9 players. The current side would get relegated straight back down but obviously they will get some new players. Problem now is the points system and salary cap coming in makes it a bit more challenging.
I will watch closely as to who they target but as I previously stated its the distance/travel that is a deterrent..

The Cloke's won't be there and their assistant coach (think his name is Fletcher) is off to coach Jacana and possibly taking a current CB star with him. I will believe it when I see it, but it would be a massive get for a div3 side. I will give you a hint, his not an "old" player.. Once again it's only a rumour and I'm going to say the name as no one would believe me.
Agree Turbo. EDS beat CB pretty comfortably last season. CB have a better list this year than last year and are playing a very good brand of footy. This years CB side would have done a number APW from what i saw. EDS recruited well in the off season and did a great job in 2016 narrowly missing finals. CB will need to be very smart in recruiting for the 2017 season especially if Kite, Clokes, Robertson decide not to play prem div. CB reserves are going well along with their 18's coupled with solid financial support from the local sporting club they are clearly the best position club to make the transition into premier IMO. Good luck to them still 1 game to play but going on Saturdays performance they are miles in front of any other Div 1 club

I've heard the same rumour with a couple more names added to the group on the move

Seems there might be some truth to it

I think a big point to look for next year in premier is that there is not an obvious next team to go down to divy 1, puts a lot more pressure on team coming up.
who would think that maybe AH are the team under pressure, the evenness of the competition is a big plus but makes it harder for the team coming up

I'm feed up with local councils. Some of the grounds (and surrounds) in this comp need some work. Problem is I could fix them in a couple of hours but the councils do nothing. How does a ditch (about 1m in diameter) with water sitting it be allowed to just sit about 20mts out from the goal square for weeks & weeks. Surely dig a bit out and put a few layers of instant turf there to get through the season..

Step up councils FFS.
turbo whats your thoughts on this weekends results and the two finals coming up. Are they both up in the air, or pacco and abers the short favs.
Obviously pacco v the jets is the big one but after keilor beating abers at abers that has thrown an upset in the makings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

turbo whats your thoughts on this weekends results and the two finals coming up. Are they both up in the air, or pacco and abers the short favs.
Obviously pacco v the jets is the big one but after keilor beating abers at abers that has thrown an upset in the makings?

Hey mate, my views on this week are:

- Abers will beat Keilor by about 5 goals. Think they are the clear favourites to proceed to the GF.

- Pacco should beat Greenvale by about 22 points. Think Pacco just have a bit more quality and will appreciate the bigger ground. They should be well in front at some stage in the 3rd and ease down for a 22 point win. Thompson will be back at Essendon and that's a big out for them.
Who's the favourite in this game??

Abers & Pacco have the best midfields in the comp. Probably are the 2 best attacking sides in the finals as well.

Keilor probably have the strongest forward line, however think Bathie will play back.

Abers have the wildcard in Riemers

Greenvale probably have the best ruck combination in Deluca & Shiners.

Interesting finals series..

If the clokes and the name being thrown around kite leave CB next year they will get smashed. And would need to recruit 12+ players including key position players some quality quick footballers as in 2015 they were slow. Relied to heavy on the long bomb to Clokes to score they can't get away with that with the likes of foster hartwig campisano tanner toy arrowsmith as intercept players. If they bring that style up to A grade I'll tip 1-3 wins at best. I don't rate the coach. He would get out coached even if he had the cattle on the park.

If the clokes and the name being thrown around kite leave CB next year they will get smashed. And would need to recruit 12+ players including key position players some quality quick footballers as in 2015 they were slow. Relied to heavy on the long bomb to Clokes to score they can't get away with that with the likes of foster hartwig campisano tanner toy arrowsmith as intercept players. If they bring that style up to A grade I'll tip 1-3 wins at best. I don't rate the coach. He would get out coached even if he had the cattle on the park.
That would take some doing with the points system now in place ...... 12+ players including keys and quality quicks will take up about 35 - 40 pts alone .... Good luck with that

Looking at the results on the weekend C Cloke kicked 2 goals and J Cloke kicked 2 goals and they smashed tullamarine by 90 odd points in a 2nd semi. Doesn't seem they relied to much on bombing it too the Clokes on the weekend.

Looking at the results on the weekend C Cloke kicked 2 goals and J Cloke kicked 2 goals and they smashed tullamarine by 90 odd points in a 2nd semi. Doesn't seem they relied to much on bombing it too the Clokes on the weekend.
Yeah I've seen the results but if the clokes or one of the clokes weren't there Robertson or whatever his name would have the best defender or second best defender it's a flow on affect.

That would take some doing with the points system now in place ...... 12+ players including keys and quality quicks will take up about 35 - 40 pts alone .... Good luck with that

Your right with what you've said. But that is the honest reality of it all they are extremely slow unless things have changed in 12 months. There key backs won't hold up against the quality of Fwds in premier. Rose galea warren shinners reimers Hughes bathie and the rest of the gun forwards. There mids are quite 'tough' but one paced. The kids coming through look alright but yet to experience premier div.

I think there should be some sort of buffer given to the team coming up with the points systems (an extra 5-10 points) to ensure that they can bring in some quality players and be competitive. As it is a big jump from Div 1 to Premier, nobody wants to see clubs coming up and getting smashed each week like what happen to Glenroy a few years ago.

Yeah I've seen the results but if the clokes or one of the clokes weren't there Robertson or whatever his name would have the best defender or second best defender it's a flow on affect.
Your argument would apply to any team with a big forward or a key forward let a alone 2. If Galea goes down then McGuane would get the best defender if Reimers goes down and so on.

I think there should be some sort of buffer given to the team coming up with the points systems (an extra 5-10 points) to ensure that they can bring in some quality players and be competitive. As it is a big jump from Div 1 to Premier, nobody wants to see clubs coming up and getting smashed each week like what happen to Glenroy a few years ago.
you'd have to, otherwise clubs are gonna be struggling each year....

Have heard the same thing.J Young

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back