Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk III - 1 McClug, 1 Billings (AND ROSS) for 4th rounder get it done dodoro

Who should we take with pick 1?

• Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 202 59.6%
  • Will Brodie

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • SPS

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Rhys Mathieson

Votes: 30 8.8%
  • Jack Billings

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • A well pickled ham

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A bag of mouldy spuds

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • A rancid orange

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • A floury apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An over mushy pear

• A rock hard mandarin

• A braised brussel sprout

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Hibberd does a 360 on his decision. He would be mad to leave based on where this football club is going.
He won't. The difference in contracts alone are enough reason not to.

Anybody think Henry Schade from Gold Coast would be a viable option? Still OOC I believe and a very talented key defender/3rd tall.

Why are people so continually fascinated with OOC players and discards from other clubs?

Especially in parts of the field where we actually have no need whatsoever to go seeking out scraps from other clubs.

Or Hibbo reconsidering his????
Let's just say that the difference between the two deals are as big as Richmond's losing margin yesterday.

Why are people so continually fascinated with OOC players and discards from other clubs?

Especially in parts of the field where we actually have no need whatsoever to go seeking out scraps from other clubs.
Because 23 year old key defenders who are very talented don't grow on trees? Our young KPP stocks are very underwhelming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because 23 year old key defenders who are very talented don't grow on trees? Our young KPP stocks are very underwhelming.

Hartley is 23, Daniher is 21 and Hooker and Hurley are signed up for 5-6 years. Why the worry on young KPPs?

We'd be better off improving that through the draft I think, we've got a few years of solid coverage until Hooker retires which gives us time to develop a kid rather than picking up a cast off

Hartley is 23, Daniher is 21 and Hooker and Hurley are signed up for 5-6 years. Why the worry on young KPPs?
Because when Hurley and Hooker start dropping off (which they will, probably in 3-4 years time) we'll need replacements who are ready to play. And don't get me started on our key forward stocks outside of Daniher.

We'd be better off improving that through the draft I think, we've got a few years of solid coverage until Hooker retires which gives us time to develop a kid rather than picking up a cast off
That's a fair call. I still would love us to look at another Hartley age bracket type (which Schade is)

Because when Hurley and Hooker start dropping off (which they will, probably in 3-4 years time) we'll need replacements who are ready to play. And don't get me started on our key forward stocks outside of Daniher.

Yeah but by then Marty Gleeson will pushing 200 centimetres.

I'm actually not sure whether you're being serious or not (?).

We've now got Hurley, Hooker, Hartley, Brown, Ambrose (and Dea, if he stays) all capable of playing tall in defence. Plus probably the most talented emerging "third tall" (which is what you say you want) in the game in Francis.

I can't remember a time in decades of following Essendon when we've had such a genuine depth of defensive talls.

Yet you want to waste money (and presumably trade leverage) on someone who has played only 20 games over five years, even with the Suns?

It's the last kind of player we should be targeting atm, even if the relevant player was a star. Which Schade clearly isn't.

We wouldn't need to involve Pick 1 imo. Unfortunately for GWS I'm not sure how long they can persist with all of Patton, Cameron and Lobb playing in the same forwardline, doesn't seem sustainable. If one is doing well, invariably its the other two that seem out of form (or one of them at least).

I reckon the following is reasonably fair to all parties:
ESS out/MEL in: Hibberd + Pick 37
ESS out/GWS in: Pick 19 + 2017 2nd rounder
MEL out/GWS in: Pick 26 + 2017 2nd rounder
GWS out/ESS in: Patton + Flynn + Pick 15

Melbourne essentially get their man for Pick 20-ish.
GWS free up cap space, list spots and get an additional 1500+ points over the next two years.
We fill our biggest two list requirements with Patton and Flynn, and slightly improve our draft position in the first round.
Doubt Giants would want to do that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back