Empty interchange /4 or more in-game injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

The pies were so unlucky today to have 4 (5?) in-game injuries :(
To their credit- their undermanned team still ground out the game/played with pride , but were unsurprisingly overrun
When was the last time there were 4 or more in-game injuries in the past?
(and has a team ever been unable to field 18 players?)

The pies were so unlucky today to have 4 (5?) in-game injuries :(
To their credit- their undermanned team still ground out the game/played with pride , but were unsurprisingly overrun
When was the last time there were 4 or more in-game injuries in the past?
(and has a team ever been unable to field 18 players?)

Pretty sure we lost to the Gold Coast Suns either last year or the year after when they were down to 18.

StKilda beat Collingwood this season with Riewoldt and McCartin gone by half time then Roberton gone by half way through the third.

In the old days the least injured player would limp up to the goal square so the opponents would need to leave a defender there.

Then Shayne Stevenson 'hopped' over to a stray ball and kicked a goal. I bet the defender felt 'awkward'

Jamie Morrissey kicked one like that. He virtually couldn't walk and was standing around in the goal square. IIRC the defender stood off him and was surprised by a ball that went deep.

Yep, that game was back in 2014. Clinton Young had a chance to win the game but dropped a simple chest mark in front of goal in the last minute.
The dude's a bigger choke artist than LeBron James. I remember he cost Hawthorn the GF in 2012 by falling over in the goalsquare.

Rule wont change until North win from the benefit of the opposition down to 18 fit players, then the AFL will implement a knee jerk response and somehow Lindsay Thomas will get the blame.

And then Bont will call it malicious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has a team ever been down to 17 fit players at once ie unable to field a full team?
We had 17 fit players by the end of the game today. Crocker injured his ankle, but pretty much played through it. If we had no injuries, he would've sat out the game.

That play still triggers me. What a spud.

I"d love to say that our recruitment of him was an aberration, but that would require convincing myself that Quentin Lynch, Jesse White and Tony Armstrong never existed. Now I'm triggered at the thought of our elite list management professional putting pictures of the biggest spuds/cripples/cripple-spud hybrids in the league on a wall, putting blindfolds on, throwing mountains of their own feces at said wall and then recruiting the ones covered in the most s**t.

The dude's a bigger choke artist than LeBron James. I remember he cost Hawthorn the GF in 2012 by falling over in the goalsquare.
LeBron is a two time Championship winner and finals MVP. He also nearly carried the depleted Cavs to last year's championship and could very well claim another ring in a few weeks time. Also, did you see his gamewinner against the bulls in last year's semi?

Hardly a choke-artist.

LeBron is a two time Championship winner and finals MVP. He also nearly carried the depleted Cavs to last year's championship and could very well claim another ring in a few weeks time. Also, did you see his gamewinner against the bulls in last year's semi?

Hardly a choke-artist.
LeBron won in some of the easiest SRS ranking years. in 2012, the difficulty of their championship run was ranked 19 out of 32. In 2013, they were ranked 30 out of 32 in terms of championship difficulty. Hardly impressive.

Not to mention the 2011 finals, the greatest choke job of all time. In the first 5 games, in each of the last quarters, he had a grand total of 11 points. 11 points in five quarters total on 4/16 shooting. Best choke of all time.

And the 2014 NBA finals, well, that was a huge ******* blowout, that made LeBron run back home to Cleveland.

I doubt the Cavs can win it this year. The West is far superior, whoever wins game 7 will win the championship. Then we'll see LeBron opt out and ditch Cleveland :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back