Premier Lg EPL Matchday 38 (Manchester City Champions)

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

It’ll change when Pep leaves or if they’re found guilty of the charges against them, whichever of those comes first.
I think people are going to be pretty disappointed with any charges Man City receive. Not a chance they strip titles or relegate them. Maybe dock 10 points or something trivial at most.

I think people are going to be pretty disappointed with any charges Man City receive. Not a chance they strip titles or relegate them. Maybe dock 10 points or something trivial at most.
"If" we're found guilty of all charged the punishment will be significant.

I don't think a tribunal could make that decision on guilt, and give a trivial punishment for it. Relegation certainly a possibility.

How would they then justify Everton who cooperated getting an 8 point ban with over 100 less charges?

I think they’ll drop two tiers because it’d be too easy to go up after a year. 2years and a lot of more players will leave. I wouldn’t rule out titles being lost either
Of course, the one year Spurs finished second was a year City didn't win it.

It doesn't work like that. Punishments are applied in the season that they are adjudicated.
It’s been said in quite a few articles besides ones below that it is possible..

IMG_5117.jpeg

IMG_5116.jpeg

IMG_5115.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"If" we're found guilty of all charged the punishment will be significant.

I don't think a tribunal could make that decision on guilt, and give a trivial punishment for it. Relegation certainly a possibility.
It'll be a slap on the wrist at most. EPL basically have their hands tied, they can't punish Manchester City to any great extent without it affecting diplomatic relations between UK and UAE. But sports washing doesn't exist apparently.

It'll be a slap on the wrist at most. EPL basically have their hands tied, they can't punish Manchester City to any great extent without it affecting diplomatic relations between UK and UAE. But sports washing doesn't exist apparently.

Why does the Premier League care about diplomatic relations between UK and UAE?

If we're found guilty we'll get the biggest punishment there's been in the English game.

Haha, heck off. Imagine playing for City and talking about the mentality of a different club.

He nailed it tbh.
Liverpool didn’t beat Arsenal or City and that’s why we’re third. Arsenal went to The Etihad and parked a bigger bus than Chelsea in their days under Mourinho.
You have to beat the best if you want to be the best.

He nailed it tbh.
Liverpool didn’t beat Arsenal or City and that’s why we’re third. Arsenal went to The Etihad and parked a bigger bus than Chelsea in their days under Mourinho.

Context is important however. Just a couple of years ago, both Liverpool and City would annually help themselves to 6 points from Arsenal. Arteta needed to stem the tide here, and he did.

Arsenal won 8 points from 12 this season from Liverpool and City. That’s an outstanding return from those 4 fixtures that I would guess 18 PL clubs would take if offered at the start of the season.

Conversely, Arsenal only earned 1 point from 12 across 4 fixtures against Villa and Fulham. That’s proven very costly in the final table. And this is the next level of consistency that Arsenal will be aiming for next season.

Our seasons are not the same.

But we seeminlgy live rent free in your head.

Carry on.
Well apparently all that matters are trophies according to opposition fans who mock Spurs even though they were challenging for the title, making champions league finals and having regular top 4 appearances 5 or so years ago

So actually yeah, on the criteria set out on that basis our seasons are the same

😀

He nailed it tbh.
City lost to us at Emirates though. Where was their mentality that day? The fact is we were unbeaten against top 6 sides and fumbled against Villa and Fulham. Nothing to do with mentality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back