Essendon 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Wait.

So going to the draft to replenish young talls. To replace the aging talls. Is now the wrong thing. Because we should have gone to the draft. To replace Fantasia and Saad?

fu** me you Carlton supporters are morons.
All of us ?? A bit harsh ..

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Not very good, Will be a bonus if Mcgrath/Ridley continue to become very good AFL players and/or take the next step, If the defense can keep growing as well, Losing Saad really hurts and I dont think people fully Grasp how good he is

What else did they lose? Daniher won them a game (I know, I know :() but he's hardly played in 2 years, Orazio was on good coin and under-performing as well.

They lost probably 1.2M dollars of players who contributed to sweet F all to the club. The loss of Bellchambers/Saad is much more brutal then two forwards who hardly played

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
So are you saying that after not even a season of being the new sh*t show you’re already complaining. Remember we’re Carlton supporters and there is plenty of evidence of this occurring towards the blues for over 10 years. Take your turn. Everyone will get one.

We’ve been a s**t show for 15 years. Making finals only to get thumped is worse than winning the spoon.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Not very good, Will be a bonus if Mcgrath/Ridley continue to become very good AFL players and/or take the next step, If the defense can keep growing as well, Losing Saad really hurts and I dont think people fully Grasp how good he is

What else did they lose? Daniher won them a game (I know, I know :() but he's hardly played in 2 years, Orazio was on good coin and under-performing as well.

They lost probably 1.2M dollars of players who contributed to sweet F all to the club. The loss of Bellchambers/Saad is much more brutal then two forwards who hardly played

Not Bellchambers he was trash. Couldn’t cover the ground at all. Draper is already better than him.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Not Bellchambers he was trash. Couldn’t cover the ground at all. Draper is already better than him.
It was his time of course, but can Draper stay on the park and develop? I know Bellchampers was looking pretty old but do you have faith in Draper making 20/22 games next year?

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
It was his time of course, but can Draper stay on the park and develop? I know Bellchampers was looking pretty old but do you have faith in Draper making 20/22 games next year?

Yeah Drapers acl was from getting body spoiled in the air and had an awkward landing, not something innocuous or slight movement. So hopefully not an actual weakness. Though I haven’t rated TBC for years, his marking was almost non-existent, can’t just offer a ruck contest and still deserve your spot.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
So are you saying that after not even a season of being the new sh*t show you’re already complaining. Remember we’re Carlton supporters and there is plenty of evidence of this occurring towards the blues for over 10 years. Take your turn. Everyone will get one.

No dramas copping it if there is a skeric of truth behind the continuous myths throw up on Bigfooty. The fact most get debunked goes to show how lazy bigfooty posters are when it comes to laying the boots in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
never_celebrate_too_early_02.gif

guess who?

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
TBC has been bad for 2 years now except a handful of games partly because he was injury prone.

Draper was managed last year because of the 4 and 5 day breaks. Not great coming back from an ACL.
There's no reason to doubt his ability to play all games.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
TBC has been bad for 2 years now except a handful of games partly because he was injury prone.

Draper was managed last year because of the 4 and 5 day breaks. Not great coming back from an ACL.
There's no reason to doubt his ability to play all games.

While he didn’t have any dominant games I think he was the best ruck on the ground every game bar Stkila where the two pair beat him up and Nic Nat for like a dominant 5 mins then Draper pegged him back over the game to be pretty even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
While he didn’t have any dominant games I think he was the best ruck on the ground every game bar Stkila where the two pair beat him up and Nic Nat for like a dominant 5 mins then Draper pegged him back over the game to be pretty even.
Yeah that's fair enough, although I do think Mumford was a little too strong for him. I didn't watch the Melbourne game so I don't know how he did against Gawn either.

So Essendon don't need a big bodied midfielder is what you're saying?

I'm saying Essendon need midfield class and leadership regardless of the size of the player.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Ambrose is 29 and hasn’t played 100 career games
Hartley 26 games
Francis 35 games
Ridley 26 games
ZT 11 games

These guys are not ready to take over from Hooker and Hurley and lead either the defence or attack, another two or three years of experience and they would be up around the 70-100 games and ready to go. Ridley about the only one showing enough to suggest he belongs out there and will be reliable. Adding 4 more tall guys doesn’t fix the problem this season or next.

So more lazy commentary, as expected.

Young developing KPP's haven't played many games ahead of mature KPP's. Shocking.

Round and round we go.

All of us ?? A bit harsh ..

Seems to be a pattern whenever these threads pop up, maybe 1:10 ratio of Carlton supporters making an appearance that aren't trolls?

The loss of Bellchambers

Surely you jest? His time had well and truly come.

Phillips as backup isn't a star, but should be steady enough.

I'm saying Essendon need midfield class and leadership regardless of the size of the player.

But if we'd drafted Phillips you'd be saying "lel y didn't Esdn draft a tall midfelda?"

It's the same lazy criticism as usual.

Phillips isn't the midfielder we needed, it was better he was off the table.

Young developing KPP's haven't played many games ahead of mature KPP's. Shocking.

Round and round we go.
Now 0 and 87 for contribution versus insults/snide comments ... wait, what?!?

Is that the secret to your username? Well, well, well.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Succession planning is important, and Essendon have probably been deficient in this area too. Surely they weren't going to rely on a couple of journeymen and guys that are more tweener types in Francis and Ridley?

That being said they're now actively addressing their issues, so it's not worth pushing the point.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Now 0 and 87 for contribution versus insults/snide comments ... wait, what?!?

Is that the secret to your username? Well, well, well.

You're going round and round posting the same lazy commentary though.

Essendon don't have players ready to replace Hurley and Hooker.

Here's some KPD's that might replace Hurley and Hooker.

Essendon don't have players ready to replace Hurley and Hooker.

Here's some KPD's that might replace Hurley and Hooker.

I'm not sure what kind of brilliant insight you're adding to anything.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

Round and round we go.

Seems to be a pattern whenever these threads pop up, maybe 1:10 ratio of Carlton supporters making an appearance that aren't trolls?

Surely you jest? His time had well and truly come.

Phillips as backup isn't a star, but should be steady enough.

But if we'd drafted Phillips you'd be saying "lel y didn't Esdn draft a tall midfelda?"

It's the same lazy criticism as usual.

Phillips isn't the midfielder we needed, it was better he was off the table.
Lol.. They could be opinions just like yours.
Having an opinion doesn't make a troll ,try again..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back