Rumour Essendon Supporter Spends $800k on Dunny Renovation

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to bring something serious in to this, but I am involved with a local junior club and had a meeting with Council about facility upgrades at the club’s change rooms to make them “more inclusive”.

Near on 200k to make six shared showers cubicles instead of open, and make doors on seven toilets open outwards instead of inwards…

So those obscene toilet refurbishment figures don’t shock me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to bring something serious in to this, but I am involved with a local junior club and had a meeting with Council about facility upgrades at the club’s change rooms to make them “more inclusive”.

Near on 200k to make six shared showers cubicles instead of open, and make doors on seven toilets open outwards instead of inwards…

Plus, this is probably a heritage building as well.
And they need to build the off-site injecting room as is customary for everything essendon related.

It's the same all over. Councils have their shortlist of 'preferred bidders' and they're the only ones who tender. The quotes are always astronomical.

A lot of clubs have had rebuilds and renovations over the past few years due to female footy, and you'd always swear they could get at least twice the work done for the project cost. On every project, without fail.

It basically seems like legalised bid rigging.

hang-fung-gold-toilet.jpg

It's the same all over. Councils have their shortlist of 'preferred bidders' and they're the only ones who tender. The quotes are always astronomical.

A lot of clubs have had rebuilds and renovations over the past few years due to female footy, and you'd always swear they could get at least twice the work done for the project cost. On every project, without fail.

It basically seems like legalised bid rigging.

Yep, my club applied for a grant to make the facilities more female friendly, $60k received.

We agreed to roll that grant into Council to run the works and engage contractors given they are Council’s facilities, all of a sudden it’s pushing $200k.

Amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back