Extra man on the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s effectively what Sydney had with their runner remaining in the middle of the ground filling a hole, coaching and directing traffic in the last few minutes of the game! :mad: I thought a runner’s role was to deliver a message and then leave the ground? Surely the umpires should have ordered him off??

It’s effectively what Sydney had with their runner remaining in the middle of the ground filling a hole, coaching and directing traffic in the last few minutes of the game! :mad: I thought a runner’s role was to deliver a message and then leave the ground? Surely the umpires should have ordered him off??
It's not like them to have an extra man on filing space for the end of a close game.

Paul Rooses wife says it is OK.

It doesn't happen often, but the runner can have a free paid against.

in this instance it shoukd have, and when that happens, a 50 is paid too.... the umpired turned a blind eye...one was right next to him for ages.

What’s the time limit?
lets check the rule book:
maxresdefault.jpg

I agree. We were floored. How is that allowed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure Sydney abused the role of their Runner but we lost because of our Defensive Structures and Applications. To be a Genuine Premership Threat we must be able to stifle the opposition in their Ball movement on a consistent basis. Since the Brisbane Game this part of our game has been substandard. This should be bitch and moan topic number 1. :stern look

Sure Sydney abused the role of their Runner but we lost because of our Defensive Structures and Applications. To be a Genuine Premership Threat we must be able to stifle the opposition in their Ball movement on a consistent basis. Since the Brisbane Game this part of our game has been substandard. This should be bitch and moan topic number 1. :stern look

The bigger question, probably, is where was our runner????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bigger question, probably, is where was our runner???

Our runner was probably following the rules by remaining on the bench. Can't have the same privileges as the AFL Cola Sydney Swans.

What has you all so convinced it was Sydney's runner?

the fact it wrote “sydney” on his back? or maybe cause after aliir kicked the goal he rushed to all the sydney firwards to push back....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back