F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to some tropical thunderstorms and misplaced Ferrari wet tyres

In all seriousness if the race stays dry a Verstappen win would be more impressive than winning from 14th at Spa

It annoys me seeing STR advance through these sessions. He's garbage backed by his rich papa.
I'm not a fan of him but as far as the paid drivers go stroll is by far the most talented.

He's got credentials from karting days.

He raced and was competitive against leclerc/russell/albon etc. in f3.

Definetely not as good. But I do think stroll wouldn't made his way to f1 even without daddy's money. Probably wouldn't have lasted this long though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness if the race stays dry a Verstappen win would be more impressive than winning from 14th at Spa
ac4a722a6f70613de58090231da81072.png

Race is 21 local time

Speeding under the safety car would be a grid drop for sure

No doubt. But the point there being is at this stage DR may as well light it up and show people what he has got and cop the penalty rather than be the nice guy who finishes down the bottom anyway.

I'm still sceptical as to whether he was actually effected. He came through just after Vettel stopped but did the flags actually impact him? Either way, another shite quali from the has been.

No doubt. But the point there being is at this stage DR may as well light it up and show people what he has got and cop the penalty rather than be the nice guy who finishes down the bottom anyway.

I'm still sceptical as to whether he was actually effected. He came through just after Vettel stopped but did the flags actually impact him? Either way, another shite quali from the has been.
He was 3 tenths off Norris without the car upgrades on a circuit that McLaren is losing 1.3 seconds to Ferrari in slow corners which isn't that bad, if he found those 3 tenths norris would have been the 1 out in q1.

The car has turned his strength into a weakness it's genuinely garbage in the area that made Daniel a fast race driver, mclaren designed a car with the same issues last year its competitive on high speed tracks but then Mercedes is missing the horsepower this year with the bio fuel added in.

He was 3 tenths off Norris without the car upgrades on a circuit that McLaren is losing 1.3 seconds to Ferrari in slow corners which isn't that bad, if he found those 3 tenths norris would have been the 1 out in q1.

The car has turned his strength into a weakness it's genuinely garbage in the area that made Daniel a fast race driver, mclaren designed a car with the same issues last year its competitive on high speed tracks but then Mercedes is missing the horsepower this year with the bio fuel added in.
I constantly hear about how the data shows Norris brakes later than Daniel.
And yet in Daniel’s heyday he was known as the king of the late brakers.
This shows just how much the car has gone away from his driving style. Absolutely no confidence in its ability to turn if he does go the bold move he was so famous for.

Daniel did say post-quali that they had made a lot of changes to the car from Friday that worked and felt okay in the wet of FP3 but they didn't work in the changing conditions of Q1. He said if it had have been full wet or full dry he would have been able to get more performance out of the car.

It is strange as it is the opposite of what Lando said. He reckons if it had have been full wet or dry then he wouldn't have had as much pace as he did but that could just be typical Lando trying to downplay everything.

Daniel did say post-quali that they had made a lot of changes to the car from Friday that worked and felt okay in the wet of FP3 but they didn't work in the changing conditions of Q1. He said if it had have been full wet or full dry he would have been able to get more performance out of the car.

It is strange as it is the opposite of what Lando said. He reckons if it had have been full wet or dry then he wouldn't have had as much pace as he did but that could just be typical Lando trying to downplay everything.

Or typical Dan talking about hypotheticals. Seen that a few times this year.

You do realise that speeding under yellow flags is a very dangerous thing to do. It's not just some useless rule that we can ignore from time to time when convenient. It's what killed Jules Bianchi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back