FA Cup 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing performance, despite playing a weakened side we still had enough quality on the park that we should’ve won that.

I get he’s probably angry but wouldn’t be a surprise if he followed through on this threat, he’s been very vocal with his concerns about fixture congestion in English football. Did the same thing when our FA Cup game v Villa was scheduled 24 hours before the Club World Cup semi.

When City can rotate almost an entire side and still be comfortable (and would have been even without the red card) against a team just one league lower.. it has lost its touch. The depth of the top teams is too great for the lower league sides to even match
Fulham rotated heavily too though.

Disappointing performance, despite playing a weakened side we still had enough quality on the park that we should’ve won that.

I get he’s probably angry but wouldn’t be a surprise if he followed through on this threat, he’s been very vocal with his concerns about fixture congestion in English football. Did the same thing when our FA Cup game v Villa was scheduled 24 hours before the Club World Cup semi.
If he's angry maybe he should have tried harder to win this game. No use sooking after the event.

What was the lineup?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's vocal about congestion I'd have thought beating Shrewsbury in one match would be the simple solution.
Maybe send out a side that could crush them with ease...

If he's vocal about congestion I'd have thought beating Shrewsbury in one match would be the simple solution.
Maybe send out a side that could crush them with ease...

Reckon he would have if there wasn't a catch up game mid week vs West Ham ironically caused by fixture congestion in December.

Reckon he would have if there wasn't a catch up game mid week vs West Ham ironically caused by fixture congestion in December.
I'll tell you what, I'd happily have all the congestion you've had if it meant a European Cup, subsequent CWC and a long league cup run.
I think the arguments around removing the league cup and FA Cup early round replays isn't right.

Lower league clubs need these fixtures sometimes for valuable revenue.

I'll tell you what, I'd happily have all the congestion you've had if it meant a European Cup, subsequent CWC and a long league cup run.
I think the arguments around removing the league cup and FA Cup early round replays isn't right.

Lower league clubs need these fixtures sometimes for valuable revenue.

Easier solution is guarantee lower league teams home ground advantage in the 3rd / 4th rounds and give them 100% of gate takings. Scrap replays.

Easier solution is guarantee lower league teams home ground advantage in the 3rd / 4th rounds and give them 100% of gate takings. Scrap replays.
Meddling with the draw takes away from what a knockout cup competition is. Luck of the draw.
Reckon there'd be some lower league teams who would not like that rule.

They may never again get drawn away to Anfield or Old Trafford or the bridge.
Could be their one chance as players to play on such a big and historic venue.

Meddling with the draw takes away from what a knockout cup competition is. Luck of the draw.
Reckon there'd be some lower league teams who would not like that rule.

They may never again get drawn away to Anfield or Old Trafford or the bridge.
Could be their one chance as players to play on such a big and historic venue.

Agree, it is the stuff of legends being able to tell your grandkids about the time you played at a big clubs ground and knocked them out.

Don’t think we’ll (or Soton for that matter) have the same “respect” for the winter break as Liverpool will. Doubt Jose will give a s**t what the Premier League are trying to do. It will be close to full strength for both sides I think

Only thing it hurts is Liverpool. Klopp would be silly to throw away an FA cup run and a chance at the treble considering the league is basically locked in. Imagine resting players when 19 points up in the league with 13 games to go. What are they resting for?

Only thing it hurts is Liverpool. Klopp would be silly to throw away an FA cup run and a chance at the treble considering the league is basically locked in. Imagine resting players when 19 points up in the league with 13 games to go. What are they resting for?

The celebrations are going to be huge - players need to get as much rest in as they can

Remove this Banner Ad

Back